Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Boats For Sale and Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-07-2020, 11:34   #1

Boat: Working on it
Bauer 10' or American Sail Pennant 10'

Hi folks,

Apologies: I am wanting to buy one of the boats in the title. I don't have any for sale. The system said it was going to append "Wanted To Buy" so I left it off but then it didn't show up. Sincere apologies if there is any confusion. This is my 1st post on CF.

Looking for a Bauer 10' or an American Sail Pennant 10'. I wonder if anyone can provide insight into either of these and also whether anyone might know of any decent ones available. Looking for complete rig and hopefully a matching trailer. They have been available but I'm not seeing any for sale right now.

If anyone knows of something else comparable, I am open to discovering other options.

If it helps, to clarify my purpose ...

I'm relatively new to sailing. I have crewed some for a couple years in races, primarily one-design J/22s but i am new to helming. My interest is to purchase my own little daysailer dinghy to get out there and do my own casual sailing to learn. To accomplish this I am looking for a sloop-rigged 10ft dinghy, something easy to trailer around with my Jeep Cherokee to wherever I might want to go. Beyond ease of transport, the purpose for such a small dinghy with sloop-rig is to learn to single-hand 2 sails that's easy to setup, and have a dinghy that could also be used as a tender (I believe the term is) when the day comes that I buy a bigger boat to cruise on. I'm also interested in a dry dinghy because I have a cat that comes everywhere with me (camping, backpacking, kayaking, biking, etc) and I would like to be able to enjoyably (for both of us) take him sailing with me too. I know myself, and my situation right now, well enough to know that the easier it is to set sail the more opportunity I'll have and take.

Thank you in advance for any advice or information you might provide,
Izeadot
izeadot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sail