Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-06-2018, 09:17   #1

Boat: Halmatic Nelson 40
Endeavour 37-A La Fiaca

I have listed our lady in a couple of forums but now, with a heavy heart I post her here...it feels real now...we are having to let her go on to someone else that can enjoy her. Due to my husbands failing health we are posting our 1982 Endeavour 37 (plan A) for sale. She is a great liveaboard cruiser. Shallow draft (4.5 feet) for great Caribbean and Gulf of Mexico cruising. Strong Perkins 4-108 50 hp auxillary with new water pump seal and gaskets, replaced tanks (fuel-50, holding, wate-100r), SS bowsprit with dual anchor rollers, new sunbrella (hemlock tweed-dark green) canvas all around (except for closed cell cockpit cushions), new cutlass bearing and 3 bladed prop, new binnacle guard and instrument pods, Raymarine ST 6002 auto pilot, new pressure water pump, 2 new deep cycle 12 volt batteries, abundant opening ports and hatches provide excellent ventilation, 3 burner SS Galley maid stove and oven, storage galore, original Endeavour Owners Manual, Perkins 4-108 engine manual, miscellaneous Perkins spare parts, new thruhull transducer for Raymarine depth sounder, and Raymarine speed/depth/wind instruments new but not installed. Send personal message for additional pictures and a full description of La Fiaca. She is currently in Slidell, Louisiana. We are listing her for $19,900.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	la fiaca.jpg
Views:	581
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	171491   Click image for larger version

Name:	aft.png
Views:	531
Size:	189.4 KB
ID:	171492  

Name:	berths.jpg
Views:	521
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	171493   Click image for larger version

Name:	cockpit.jpg
Views:	498
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	171494  

Name:	deck.jpg
Views:	539
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	171495   Click image for larger version

Name:	galley.jpg
Views:	471
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	171496  

thebootlegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 15:33   #2
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Re: Endeavour 37-A La Fiaca

Howdy!

The following is written in a friendly tone of voice, with the sole intent to help you (OP) and others.

I like the Endeavour 37 A Plan and have some good memories of sailing on that boat design.

I sailed on one from Kauai to Hawaii (about 2,500 nm) and felt comfortable on the boat and never feared for my life, despite some rough weather (a true strong gale 45+ knots and somewhat high seas).

The boat design is a good one for coastal cruising and I also think for liveaboard. I particularly like the many opening ports (about 10 as I recall) and several opening deck hatches. In addition, it has a very large cockpit, with straight seats that are long enough for a six foot long body like mine to lie down comfortably when wanted (a nice cushion is helpful). The relatively shallow draft is nice too, especially for Florida and Keys and Chesapeake or Bahamas where skinny water abounds.

I also like the cockpit coaming, which is prominent. Put a good dodger on it and a big bimini and the boat can have good protection for the crew when in the cockpit. The head is convenient, and the "private" aft cabin is nice. The forward seating area in the saloon is nice too (that is where I slept). The galley and lots of teak in the interior make for a nice liveaboard too. The quarterberth is also relatively large and wide too. One of my crewmates was a large fellow (about 300# and 6'2) and he slept in the quarterberth for 30 days with no problem.

Here's a description of the layout, which is a little unusual for a boat this size. See the plan below and compare the top layout (A) to the (B) layout. I prefer the A plan.

Plan “A” factory lay-out: An aft-facing U-shaped settee with folding centerline dining table is forward. Moving aft, the U-shaped galley is to starboard, and the private head is to port. Continuing aft, the large quarter berth is below the cockpit to starboard; with a forward-facing nav station at the head of the berth. A private quarterberth cabin is aft to port below the cockpit.

Disclaimer:
I have no connection to the seller of this boat. I simply like the boat design, consider them to be a good design for a boat that is often priced less than $30K and for many folks who want a boat for cruising the Atlantic coast of the USA, Bahamas, etc. I have posted about them before in the "Noteworthy Boats Less Than $30K" thread. I have not been on this specific boat.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1741.JPG
Views:	289
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	171592  
Steadman Uhlich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 15:44   #3

Stedman, thank you so much for your take on the E-37. It means a lot to have some one succinctly point out their strengths, (other than their owner). Thanks again.
Old 12-06-2018, 15:54   #4
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebootlegger View Post
Stedman, thank you so much for your take on the E-37. It means a lot to have some one succinctly point out their strengths, (other than their owner). Thanks again.
Hi. Glad to help whenever I can.

I think the Endeavour 37 can look very nice, especially when under sail, and with a nice set of canvas.

If you have any photos of your boat in profile (without the dock in photo) I think that would help show others. Or, folks could use Google to find images of the E37 under sail (hint).

My Friendly Suggestions: I would also post a photo showing the private aft cabin, the head, and more of the cockpit (from different angles, and the coaming and the forward seating, and the galley (all important for liveaboard).

One thing I think some might find important is that the keel is molded to the hull (no keel bolts exposed to salt water) with the lead in the keel.

And I like the transom design, as it is easier for adding an arch or davits in case the owner wants to have a dinghy on davits.

Here is a link to a very good and very detailed description of the E37 model, and this link is to the Endeavour Owners's group, where folks can learn more about the construction of the boat, the design features, the engine, etc.

Hope this helps too.

Endeavour 37 Sloop Design History and Boat Specifications
Steadman Uhlich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2018, 10:10   #5

I wanted to thank all of you that showed interest and sent PM's. I especoally wanted to thank Stedman again for his helpful hints and feedback info. LaFiaca sold yesterday. I hope she sees many more cruising miles.
Old 24-06-2018, 06:31   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebootlegger View Post
I wanted to thank all of you that showed interest and sent PM's. I especoally wanted to thank Stedman again for his helpful hints and feedback info. LaFiaca sold yesterday. I hope she sees many more cruising miles.
Hi I'm Danny, looking, I would like to go visit the but , I live in Houma, and we'll be free in the afternoons after work hopefully to set up an appointment. 9858565401
DANNY61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
endeavour