Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Boats For Sale and Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-10-2021, 18:11   #1

For Sale share in F.P. Belize Catamaran.

Wanted co-owners for a Fountain Pajot Belize to sail between the Mediterranean and the west Pacific where we would sell the boat.
The Belize (2006) is in good shape and is more or less ocean ready with new standing rigging. Galaja is presently in Greece on the hard and is worth about 185k Euros.

The co-owners should have sufficient experience so that they are acceptable to the insurance company.
The idea is to sail the Mediterranean (mainly in Greece) for the summer of 2022 and then cross the Atlantic in November 2022 and spend about three months in the Caribbean. Then it would sail west via the Panama Canal onto the Galapagos Islands, French Polynesia (inc Tahiti and BoraBora), Cook Islands, Tonga and onto Fiji where we would sell the boat.

Co-owners would not be expected to be aboard the whole time thus giving the opportunity for an owner to skipper the boat and have his/her family and friends aboard.

F.Y.I. I have done this trip before and I originally posted this advert about eighteen months ago when Covid got in the way.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180711_113602 (1).jpg
Views:	215
Size:	405.8 KB
ID:	246930   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-1194.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	399.4 KB
ID:	246931  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190729_131612.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	421.3 KB
ID:	246932   Click image for larger version

Name:	Alongside.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	376.6 KB
ID:	246933  

Bob_a_p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2021, 14:09   #2

Re: For Sale share in F.P. Belize Catamaran.

For rules dictate you must include a price.
NaClyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2021, 15:25   #3

There is a price, "about 185K Euros"
Old 17-10-2021, 15:31   #4

My apologies, I took that to mean the value of the vessel was that. Not the "share" in the vessel.

Cheers.
NaClyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2021, 15:52   #5

Sorry about any ambiguity, the value of the boat is 185K euros. The amount that a co-owner would pay would depend on how many co-owners there are.
I am looking for a maximum of 2 others, so the price would be 185/3 : 61.66 K euros.
Old 18-10-2021, 12:51   #6

Boat: Helia 44, Fountaine Pajot

Hi. I am very interested. I was considering posting a very similar post but to find partner/s to buy a boat for much the same sail.
Not sure how we PM - ?
gezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2021, 13:01   #7

Boat: J-24; J-105

Interesting proposition Bob_a_P. As there is a forecast to sell in FIJI, and you have done this trip before, would you mind sharing a bit more on your prior experience with this trip? Would the owners collectively buy the boat or are you selling fractional ownership of your boat? Was it a solo venture for you last go round or did you have co-owners involved? How were time slots determined for usage? Purchase price + outfitting/updates = Selling price? I dont mean to expose your formula or anything but I am curious and imagine others too. I understand a direct reply to interested parties would be more appropriate but if you would share a bit about your previous round I and others might appreciate it.

Thanks and Best of Luck to you.
Wannabes00n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2021, 15:31   #8

Boat: Dufour Sortilege 41 Ketch

Hi Bob,
Thanks for the post. I have sent you a PM.
Take care,
Murray
Murraybrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2021, 20:20   #9

To answer a few queries:

Previously I bought a Fountaine Pajot Venezia (the precursor to the Belize) in September 2010 and sailed it from Greece to Fiji via the Caribbean, Panama, Galapagos, French Polynesia etc and sold the boat in Fiji in November 2011 for more or less what I paid for it. I did start advertising the boat when I got to the South Pacific.

The boat was crewed with friends and people I found on crew internet sites.

This time round I thought I would share the risk and cost. The boat needs comparatively little spent on it. I have owned the boat for about four years which was the last time it was surveyed. I think I might have to get a new survey to comply with insurance requirements for an ocean crossing.

Although there is a solar system trickle charging the batteries. The batteries will likely need replacing. My preference would be for Lifep04 because of the weight saving.
Six new lifejackets/harnesses are required, the liferaft needs servicing, the boat needs antifouling, an AIS system is required.

Ideally a bowsprit with a top down furling sail would be added.
Two holding tanks could be installed although I am not sure of the need for them except going through the Panama canal where we can hire some toilets for the transit of the canal..
Time slots can be allocated on a discussion basis.
I do not have a sharing agreement but will need to get one, any suggestions?

I am more than happy to answer any other queries or criticisms people may have.
Old 19-10-2021, 05:38   #10

Boat: J-24; J-105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_a_p View Post
To answer a few queries:

Previously I bought a Fountaine Pajot Venezia (the precursor to the Belize) in September 2010 and sailed it from Greece to Fiji via the Caribbean, Panama, Galapagos, French Polynesia etc and sold the boat in Fiji in November 2011 for more or less what I paid for it. I did start advertising the boat when I got to the South Pacific.

The boat was crewed with friends and people I found on crew internet sites.

This time round I thought I would share the risk and cost. The boat needs comparatively little spent on it. I have owned the boat for about four years which was the last time it was surveyed. I think I might have to get a new survey to comply with insurance requirements for an ocean crossing.

Although there is a solar system trickle charging the batteries. The batteries will likely need replacing. My preference would be for Lifep04 because of the weight saving.
Six new lifejackets/harnesses are required, the liferaft needs servicing, the boat needs antifouling, an AIS system is required.

Ideally a bowsprit with a top down furling sail would be added.
Two holding tanks could be installed although I am not sure of the need for them except going through the Panama canal where we can hire some toilets for the transit of the canal..
Time slots can be allocated on a discussion basis.
I do not have a sharing agreement but will need to get one, any suggestions?

I am more than happy to answer any other queries or criticisms people may have.
Thank you for the reply and satisfying my curiosity. Best of luck on Round 2. Maybe I will be ready by round 3!
Wannabes00n is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Belize, catamaran, for sale, sale