Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-10-2019, 16:56   #46

Re: In Search of My Future

Be sure to stop in at Herrington Harbour North, in Tracys Landing, MD. 20779.
They have hundreds of boats on land and they own 4 marinas in that area, 2 of which have over 600 slips each. They store 1000 boats on shore in the winter. There are several yacht brokers on site and many of the ANNAPOLIS brokers list boats that are there. HHN Is right off MD Rt 2 about 20 minutes south of Annapolis. I would be surprised if you couldn’t find your future there. I am retired from being a on site repair contractor for over 30 years. Good repair facilitates there also. A clean well run marina.
Bill Conlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2019, 08:22   #47

Boat: Jeanneau 43 DS

“Breathless” is new to the market and looking for a new owner to enjoy her as much as her previous owner did. In the NY area, now asking $82,900 but open to all reasonable offers. Owned by the past tech editor of the Catalina 36’s this ’99 C36MKII is extremely clean and well maintained. All systems, machinery, equipment, sails, rigging, and structures are in excellent condition. This boat clearly displays pride of knowledgeable ownership. More Pictures and Details here -> https://shendricks10.wixsite.com/catalina36
shendricks10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2019, 07:16   #48

If you’re still in the Annapolis area I’ve got one for you on the eastern shore. 44 , ready to go to Florida. Contact me here if you want to talk. Thank you.
Sincerely, ck
Dauntless244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2019, 11:17   #49

Talking Re: In Search of My Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwhit View Post
Hi folks,

I am about to take off on a two week road trip from Maine to Florida in search of my future boat and I'm looking for some recommendations. Recommendations of places to shop, of boat models that would work for me AND letting me know if you so happen to know of an appropriate boat.

To give an idea of what size and style I'm after here are some models I am interested in: Valiant Esprit 37, Valiant 40, Passport 40, Fast Passage 39, Pacific Seacraft 37, Freya 39, Southern Cross 39. My price cap is 70K and I'm not looking for a huge project, but I have plenty of sweat equity to invest as well, with some experience in fiberglassing, woodworking, vessel systems, and engine repair.

I'm already planning on stopping in Annapolis, Charleston, St. Augustine, and St. Petersburg among other places. What other spots would be likely to have such boats for sale?

This will be my first "big" boat and although it won't be my last, it would be great to find THE boat for years of cruising to come.

Any tips are truly appreciated!

- Jesse

Look in the great lakes and take it out through the canal. Save 30% and get an under used boat that has not yet seen the degredation salt water brings.
atlroofman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 04:30   #50

Hey Everybody,

This was a 2018 Thread and the OP bought a Pacific Seacraft 37, presumably went off sailing, and hasn't been heard from on this Forum since...

Happy Sailing!
LittleWing
LittleWing77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 17:28   #51

Suggest you consider my 36 ft Tashiba .... CARAVELA .....located in Rock Hall MD. Contact my broker Rich Kahn at Sailyard in Annapolis phone 410-980-5096 , e-mail is rich@sailyard.com yacht is listed on Yachtworld.com for technical description & photos Search Tashiba, Ta Shing or Baba 35 - 40 ft used sail boats.

we sailed 14 years in Caribbean as live aboard sailors, Oct to May. Age and physical limitations have caught up with us and we can not continue with the live aboard cruising life any more.............but you might enjoy it.
Caravela1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 18:18   #52

Thank you for the message. I might call Rich to list my boat with him too.
Im in the neighborhood and feeling tapped out already.
Thank you kindly. Ck
Dauntless244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 10:16   #53

Boat: Southern Cross 35

Not sure if you are still looking. I am selling my Southern Cross 35 Dayspring, long fin with Max Prop in skeg aperture. Complete renovation 2009-2013 New Beta 30 engine, sails (really good ones) furlers (cutter rigged), rigging, plumbing, seacocks, canvas, anchors & chain (300'), new hatch and port lenses, mast painted white, flag blue boot & sheer stripes, etc, etc. Interior: Corian sink & counter, new refrigeration unit, new water heater, custom mattress, new ultraleather upholstery, all refinished wood interior, also new radar and plotter 2017, solar panels and wind gen. comes with custom cradle and Kover Klamp winter cover framing and cover. Looking for 80K but can negotiate. Pics on request via email. Worth a look. Located upstate NY, east end of Lake Ontario.

PM me if interested in looking.
tmason is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arc