Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Boats For Sale and Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-08-2020, 11:10   #1

Janautica Seal Fiberglass Kayak 15', Integrated Bilge Pump, Paddle - $699

This Kayak is located in Londonderry, NH

This is an Italian kayak with beautiful lines. It takes ques from the traditional Greenland kayak but has many features that make it a modern classic and well suited to the beginner paddler, but fun for the experienced also. The boat rolls well, but with a relatively wide beam you'll only be rolling if you want to. I learned my rolls in this boat. Even in wind over tide waves in the Piscataqua with giant quartering wakes, the boat gave confidence to a novice user - so has great primary stability. The lines of this design are pleasing and unique, especially on the water - everyone wants to comment on how pretty it is. Suitable for lakes, coastal waters, or broad rivers. I've used it for camping and it was a lot of fun. The boat is in good condition with normal wear for a kayak that has been used but not abused. There are light scratches on the top front and rear from stowing paddles under the shock cords. There are a couple of small repairs on the top of the kayak one by the compass and one by the rear hatch. I went through the boat 2 years ago and resealed all the deck hardware, the hatches, bulkheads, replaced the foot braces and reconditioned the built in pump. A lot of the hardware was replaced with higher quality stainless steel screws/bolts/nuts better suited to salt water use. The front and rear hatches seal so air and water tight that they vacuum seal like tupperware when the air inside the hatch shrinks (warm boat placed in cold water).

Features;
- Three water tight hatches, one front, one rear, and the rear day hatch. The day hatch needs a new cap to be truly water tight. Since the day hatch is water tight to the seating or rear hatch, I liked to fill it up with a lot of ice and cold beverages for consumption on the lake.
- Hatches and pump handle recessed into the body of the boat.
- Shock cord deck lines running across the foredeck for attaching accessories.
- Built in dip behind cockpit to rest a paddle in. Shock cord loop with hooks allows you to strap the paddle in place securely when entering, exiting, or reboarding the kayak.
- Built in bilge pump can be used while in the kayak or when in the water to quickly clear the cockpit from a wet exit.
- The seat is an ergonomic design with an adjustable back rest and a built in cup holder.
- Built in hard keel design allows for easy tracking over distance while still maintaining maneuverability.
- Fore "bulb" built into boat design provides more boyancy at the extreme front of the kayak to help the bow rise to meet the waves.
- Sturdy adjustable foot rests.
- Thigh braces integrated into cockpit combing (only thing on the boat that could use repair to make them more secure, or could be taken out to make the kayak easier to get in and out of).

Specifications;
Length: 15' 4"
Weight: 50sih pounds
Depth: 11"

Included with the kayak;
- Scotty deck mount holder (for fishing rods, etc.)
- Removable deck comps
- Hand made wood paddle with aluminum tip (for pushing off rocks).
- Seal spray skirt very good condition. Seals very tight.
- Floppy cloth skirt. Works enough to roll, or keep it with a group of paddlers in case someone skirt tears, or otherwise fails.

I will deliver (for a fee).
I prefer to trade for cash, but will consider big boat toys (radar, chart plotters, AIS, sails, etc.)
If you have any questions please ask!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	janautica.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	350.5 KB
ID:	221138  
Atcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bilge, bilge pump, fiberglass, Kayak, pump