Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Boats For Sale and Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-11-2018, 17:40   #31

Boat: 1969 Columbia28, 1984/2016 Horstman TriStar36
Re: Looking for owner finance please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clamdigger View Post
Why not make a smaller, less costly move in sizing up? There is a Westerly Centaur 26ft on sailboatlistings for the poetically princely sum of $1,800.00 asking price! If you cant afford to pay under $2000 for a boat then you need another line of work.
The gentleman stated he can pay 300- 400 a month. Without a down payment that’s 10 months on a 3000 or 4000$ boat.
If he works for me partime he could own a boat in a few months.
Theoretically of course!
You gotta show up for work first
Making judgemental remarks over another mans finances is a good way to make enemies....
Therefore, i degrees, as there are too many variables in every mans life to make such judgments.
Traveling all,over the country to view and inspect can cost more than the boat alone , in spite of tlc that is required on any boat...
Lest he walk in the other mans shoes....
Old 14-11-2018, 18:02   #32

Boat: Pearson 323

Maybe it's just me, but I haven't noticed anyone offering to purchase anything so far. Leaves one to wonder...
mjscottinnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2018, 20:48   #33

Thruska just dont want to read about another wannabe boater wrecking his new to him pride n joy and leaving the mess for others to deal with. As you know boats are environmental hazards waiting to happen.

If the op is so tight on money how can he afford to own and operate a larger boat? The $500 a month thing has been threaded to death on CF. If the op reads some of the costs threads he may stick with what he has and save up for a larger boat.

Recent posts were made regarding under 30ft boats not viable, accepted as liveaboards in many marinas. Anchoring out on a larger boat means he needs to buy a dinghy to get ashore too.

The main thing is the cost to purchase is the cheapest part of boat ownership. It s all the related costs that may hinder his progress after the purchase, dockage, parts, fuel, insurance,etc.
Old 14-11-2018, 21:01   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clamdigger View Post
Thruska just dont want to read about another wannabe boater wrecking his new to him pride n joy and leaving the mess for others to deal with. As you know boats are environmental hazards waiting to happen.

If the op is so tight on money how can he afford to own and operate a larger boat? The $500 a month thing has been threaded to death on CF. If the op reads some of the costs threads he may stick with what he has and save up for a larger boat.

Recent posts were made regarding under 30ft boats not viable, accepted as liveaboards in many marinas. Anchoring out on a larger boat means he needs to buy a dinghy to get ashore too.

The main thing is the cost to purchase is the cheapest part of boat ownership. It s all the related costs that may hinder his progress after the purchase, dockage, parts, fuel, insurance,etc.
Yup, you’re preaching to the choir clamdigger
And marina fuel ain’t like going to kwiktrip, everything marine or boat related is inflated, price wise....
It takes commitment to spend kids inheritance.
Old 14-11-2018, 21:05   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjscottinnc View Post
Maybe it's just me, but I haven't noticed anyone offering to purchase anything so far. Leaves one to wonder...
Not seeing too much hard sell either , Hahahaha
Old 15-11-2018, 05:32   #36

Boat: Pearson 323

Quote:
Originally Posted by thruska View Post
Not seeing too much hard sell either , Hahahaha
I've never found the hard sell to be useful in the long term, quality sells. But then again I'm an engineer not a salesman.

There are buyers and then there are tire kickers.
mjscottinnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2018, 04:59   #37

Boat: Trapper 300

" Thanks most kindly and may GOD Bless you each!" Now you went and got god brought into it......
heron237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2018, 11:33   #38
֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎

There's a legend that some latter-day monotheists have actually preferred to WALK ON WATER rather than invoke the blessings of the sea gods to travel through it. Isn't that ridiculous?
hellosailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2018, 19:11   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by heron237 View Post
" Thanks most kindly and may GOD Bless you each!" Now you went and got god brought into it......
No now it looks as though mocking someone’s faith is somehow comical to you and hellosailor?
Old 17-11-2018, 11:31   #40
֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎

" mocking someone’s faith"
I find a tragic humor in the way that all of the new and exclusive monotheisms dishonor and disparage all of the older faiths and older gods. And by newer, yes, I'll count every "reform" that has been made in the past 2000 years, including the many Christian reformations and the Moslem reformation from latter-day Judaism, which in itself may claim to be nearly 6000 years old, but there's nothing of the original religion left in those either, except perhaps the Ethiopian Falash and the Samarites.
Or perhaps, you think there's some underappreciated value in "gods" that withheld all knowledge of themselves from all peoples until just recently? Other religions and philosophies go back 6000-8000 years, and we know that even before that, people were working with the concept of deities.
So, the glib new religions that decry everything that came before them as being at best "wrong"? Right, all these millennia, and suddenly they appear?
If someone tells me "May the gods be with you" there's a blessing. If they not so subtly say "God" singular, they're proselytizing at best, and denigrating everyone else who may disagree with their oh so exclusive religion.
Chastising, perhaps. Mocking? Oh, I think the new religions do far worse than that.
hellosailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2018, 12:10   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellosailor View Post
I find a tragic humor in the way that all of the new and exclusive monotheisms dishonor and disparage all of the older faiths and older gods. And by newer, yes, I'll count every "reform" that has been made in the past 2000 years, including the many Christian reformations and the Moslem reformation from latter-day Judaism, which in itself may claim to be nearly 6000 years old, but there's nothing of the original religion left in those either, except perhaps the Ethiopian Falash and the Samarites.
Or perhaps, you think there's some underappreciated value in "gods" that withheld all knowledge of themselves from all peoples until just recently? Other religions and philosophies go back 6000-8000 years, and we know that even before that, people were working with the concept of deities.
So, the glib new religions that decry everything that came before them as being at best "wrong"? Right, all these millennia, and suddenly they appear?
If someone tells me "May the gods be with you" there's a blessing. If they not so subtly say "God" singular, they're proselytizing at best, and denigrating everyone else who may disagree with their oh so exclusive religion.
Chastising, perhaps. Mocking? Oh, I think the new religions do far worse than that.
You totally missed my point. The quoted post has absolutely nothing to do with the thread. Its a treaise on nothing at all related to the thread.
Whether you were chastising or mocking , this is not the place for it .
And a moderator should strike your posts so you can comment on another thread where they may belong .
Old 17-11-2018, 15:15   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellosailor View Post
All I know about the above is there's lots o fancy words in dat der tirade! Me thinks my edu ma cation dont even give me the right to even think on it.
I all aint no fart smella......i means smart fella.
Allied39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2018, 16:38   #43

Boat: None,build the one shown of glass, had many from 6' to 48'.

What are the two things that should not be discussed, religion nd politics.
Cadence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2018, 17:58   #44

Boat: Trapper 300

And because they're not discussed in a rational, matter-of-fact manner we have found ourselves in a hell of pickle! Nothing should be off the table in an enlightened 18th century sort of way....we are not a theocracy unless I can make some filthy lucre off it.
heron237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2018, 18:21   #45

Boat: Wauquiez Pretorien 35

Jesus Christ, can we just get back to talking about boats???? My God, its a boating forum...Yea, I said it.
Souzag818 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lease