Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Boats For Sale and Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-06-2019, 16:14   #16

Thumbs up Re: Looking to purchase in California

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV Sailfish View Post
Boat brokers in San Carlos...

FYI... there are literally hundreds of boats here on the hard baking in the unforgiving Mexican summer sun. They will all need work. Even the ones that just laid up from this past season. But any boat here in Mexico that has spent multiple seasons on the hard with no attention will need LOTS of reconditioning. LOTS!
Good luck!

I get that they'll need new running riggings, gas drained, bottom paint, wood refinishing and canvas tops ect... but what else am i not considering. Seems like recondition can be done by a person thats fairly handy with the help of a hot wife and assistant.
Cmechilln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2019, 17:45   #17

Boat: 1979 CHB 41 Trawler
Re: Looking to purchase in California

I have an '87 Beneteau First 405 berthed here in San Diego that meets your criteria, even the shower. Shoot me a PM if you want more info! Also second using Ian as a broker if you're new to this!
Junglebike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2019, 18:13   #18

Boat: Tayana 37 PH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmechilln View Post
I get that they'll need new running riggings, gas drained, bottom paint, wood refinishing and canvas tops ect... but what else am i not considering. Seems like recondition can be done by a person thats fairly handy with the help of a hot wife and assistant.
Mexico TIP (Temp Importation Permit) status.. If you buy private party (brokers also) make sure the TIP is current and workout the TIP cancellation process/procedure. If you want to chat over the phone - send me a message.
Ruso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2019, 18:22   #19

Boat: C&L Sea Ranger 36, Columbia Payne 9.6

My friend is selling his Pearson 40 named Moonraker. It's an absolutely beautiful and incredibly well maintained example of the model (the pictures do it no justice). You can get in touch with him through his ad or send me a PM and I'll connect you. Located at Shoreline Marina in Long Beach. Approximately a 25 mile sail to Catalina Island from here.

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lg...918498500.html
Old 25-06-2019, 18:32   #20

Boat: Samson C Mist 32

Any boat being "reconditioned" will probably need new batteries, engine belts and hoses, galley and head hoses, and more. hi
Steve Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2019, 13:33   #21

Location: Gone sailing! Please don't tell our adult kids where we are!
Boat: Downeaster 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmechilln View Post
You've warned me now twice. Did your wife/hubby decide to high tail it home on ya? Ive put a lot of work fixing crack in my marriage over the last 20 years. My wife even helped me take care of my dying livin grandmother with out complaint for 4 years. Im sure she can handle the marina life. Shes amazing and a badass when she has to be.
Good for you mate! A walk on water helpful partner. And nope, no divorce for me. A happily married house here.

Just seen/heard this scenario on here and other forums hundred's of times that's all. We see them come. We see them go. That is why there are thousands of dead or dying boats dry stored in all corners of the world. People had a dream... and then, poof, they did not.

Wishing you all the best with yours. Really, all the best. Because honestly... we do not need any more sad tales on here or elsewhere.

Cheers!

Tags
cal, california, purchase