Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Boats For Sale and Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-04-2022, 14:38   #1

PT-11 Nesting Sailing Dinghy: pristine

PT-11 Nesting Two-Piece Dinghy: Pristine Condition

Very few small boats excel simultaneously in aesthetics, sailing performance, rowing ease,
And the ability to be nested. This is the ultimate hard dinghy.

If you aren’t familiar with this boat, or its well known designer, Russell Brown, take a look at
This website: Chesapeake Light Craft and check out the PT-11. They now sell the kit in coordination
With PT Watercraft, Russell and Ashlyn Brown’s company.

My boat was built in Port Townsend, the home of PT Watercraft in close consultation with the designer.
Incorporated in the build were the best possible materials and close attention to detail. It has been used
Four times and I’m selling it because I’m in my seventies and I’m not as flexible as I once was!

This is a rare boat to find used, especially at this level of detail, craftsmanship, and condition.

Included are high performance foils: high aspect daggerboard and kick up rudder in a custom padded
Transport case. The sailing rig is described fully on the PTWatercraft site: carbon spars, Ronstan and Harken
Hardware, custom sail, all in a nylon sail bag with an all-up weight of 11 pounds for the whole rig and sails.
Easy to stow on board. The sailing performance is the real news: goes to weather like a knife, or maybe a
12 meter.

A PT-11 is an outstanding rowing boat and has be entered twice in the human powered 70 mile open water race, the SEVENTY48,
Sponsored by the Northwest Maritime Center. The PT-11 finished each time in the top 20% of a huge fleet, rowed non-stop by Inger Rankin.
Kudos!

Beautiful Sitka Spruce spoon blade oars are included, 8’ long, made by Barkley Sound Oars, in British Columbia. Available at an
Addition cost ($500) is a new set of carbon fiber spoon blade oars.

Also included is a 2 wheel dinghy dolly.

The best photos are in the websites mentioned. Email and I'll send you photos. I don't have them on a website for easy posting.

PLEASE PM ME FOR FURTHER INFORMATION. Thanks, Nick
$9500.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9843.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	437.0 KB
ID:	256191   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0074.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	438.4 KB
ID:	256192  

Click image for larger version

Name:	PT11 sailing.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	470.2 KB
ID:	256193  
raving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2022, 05:44   #2

Re: PT-11 Nesting Sailing Dinghy: pristine

Is this boat still for sale? I have been looking for this boat and would love to buy it. I live close to Port Townsend.
Mike Woltersdorf
Rndorfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2022, 08:49   #3

Just saw this little boat on Sampson Boat Co. video. God i wish i had the space and $ for one of these. What a cool little boat.
BAD ORCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2022, 04:31   #4

Is the boat still available? If not please mark sold. Thanks.
robalex117a is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dinghy, sail, sailing