Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Boats For Sale and Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-12-2023, 08:50   #1
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Nautitech 47, Catamaran, 47ft
Saiiling Catamaran Advantage 44 Shuttleworth Design

The Catamaran Advantage 44 is a performance cruising catamaran designed by J Shuttleworth (https://www.john-shuttleworth.com/company.html) and built by Bader Catamarans in Germany. Fellow sailors call it the „little gunboat“. It is not suitable for people who want to buy a Lagoon or Fountain Pajot. Other than many other catamarans it can sail upwind and still offers a spacious interieur due to the hull design and the rigg layout. With its slim hulls, high mast and little weight (7t) it can sail fast even upwind due to its center daggerboard. The hull is made of Sandwhich with closed cell foam and the inner layer of the Sandwhich is about 5mm kevlar fiberglass combination. The resin used is vinylester. It is a owners version and sleeps 7 persons. 3 double cabins, 1 single in the saloon and a large bathroom.

The boat is in remarkebly good condition because it has been overhauled the past 2 years. 2022 the hull has been stripped of old antifouling and protected by several layers of epoxy primer and 5 layers of epoxy coppercoat. The deck has been spraypainted new with Awlgrip Antislip. A new interieur has been custom made in superlight Carbon / fiberglass sandwhich. A new fiberglass bimini roof has been made and new saloonwindows installed. The new trampoline is of dynema. The sails and sailcover are new and there is a AB Hypalon Dinghi (condition like new) with Aluminium hull and Dinghcover included. The deckhardware has been partly renewied. A new anchorwinch has been insalled and a large electric winsh is fitted on the aftbeam. New Trudesign Throughulls installed 2023.

The boat had 3 owners including me. The previous owner did barely sail it but renewied the port engine which has only 700hrs on it. The catamaran never ran on charter. I equipped the boat 2022 with new solarpanels (800W) plus victron regulator and new house batteries (1000w) plus new starter batteries 2023. The boat is equipped with additional cruising equippement like a spare Dinghi, liferaft, chartplotter, AIS Sendera, Radar, Genaker and Spinaker. The engines are serviced 10 / 2023 – change oil and filters, dieselfilters, impeller and seals, bearing waterpump, V – Belt, Saildrive got new shaft seals and oil, fixed prop new shaft seal and gear oil. Both engines got new volvo 3 blade folding props.
It is ready for a tour around the world and ocean crossings. Additional Window covers (Ferrari Baptiline) and hatchcovers for the tropics. Infact I planned to sail the boat to the caribean end of 2024 if the sale does not happen to my expactations. People interested can join on one of my 2 week trips to get to know the boat. I refund the costshare (690e/week) of cause if the boat is been bought. Find time / and routeplan on my site www.wildtoo.eu

General specifications
Model: Advantage 44
Manufacturer: Bader Katamarane Germany
Design category A

Hull:
-Hull length: 44ft
-Maximum beam: 8,5 m
-Draught: 0,90 m
-Light displacement: 7000 kg

Registration and Tax Situation:
VAT paid, the boat is registered under Austrian flag since 2010, initially German flag, original sales contract and various other documentation exists

Rigging and sails:
-Mainsail fully battened North Norlam Cruisinglaminate (condition like new) with Fredrikson mastsliders
-Lazybag - new
-jib – Dacron (good condition)
-Genua Dacron (useable)
-Spinaker light with sock (good condition)
-Genaker (Quantum sails) with sock (like new)

Water System:
-Water capacity (approximate) 400 L – the tank is situated under the mast at the centerpoint of the boat
-Water-heater 30 L – can run on shore power or starport engine
-Shower transom
-Hot and coldwater tabs with shower in the bathroom and kitchen and port sink.
-Saltwater tab – Deckwash pump

Toilets:
-1 head – 1 large shower / toilet on the owner stb side, 1 sink on the port side(fresh and saltwater), aftshower (fresh and saltwater)
-1 manual Lavac toilet with spare parts (renewed by the previous owner)

Electrical System:
-Engine battery 100Ah x 2 - year 2023
-Auxiliary battery 900Ah led acid batteries – year 2022
-Multidisplay for actual power draw with 350A measuring shunt – it is showing the actual output or input in Amps on the housebatteries and ensures a correct status electricity wise at all times
- 1 Fridge in the kitchen runs on 12V (renewied by previous owner)
- 1 Fridge / Freezer in the port hull.
- 2 * Solarpanels 800W
- New switchbord on charttable

Safety Equipement
All safety equipement is considered personal and what remains with the boat is an add on.
- 8 Persons life raft (last checked 2013, to be rechecked)
- 8 life wests
- First Aid Kit
-boat man stool

Electronic system:
- TV set Sharp Flatscreen year 2022
- Raymarine St 60 autopilot and wind instrument
- Raymarine i 50 Tridata (Speed, Depth, Temperature)
- Raymarine Radar
- AIS Sender and Receiver Matsutec
- Raymarine Chartplotter E80 with charts for the med
- Autopilot Smartpilot Raymarine SPX
- Hydraulik steering
- VHF Navico

Kitchen
By refitting the boat and renewing the interieur the kitchen moved from the hull into the saloon which allows for scenic and more pleasant cooking. The kitchen is integrated in the rest of the superlight carbon sandwhich interieur.
- Plates, Cuttlery, Pot and Pan for 8 persons
- 2 flame stove with oven (propane)
- various storage compartments near the kitchen

Engines:
The engines are easily accessible and have been fitted 2023 with Volvo 3 blade folding props. Initially the boat was equipped with 2 fixed shaft engines Nanni Kubota 4150E. The previous owner replaced the port engine by a brandnew Volvo Penta D255 E with saildrive s130. This engine has only 700hrs! Both engines are serviced 10 / 2023 – change of oil and filters, dieselfilters, impeller and seals, bearing waterpump, V – Belt, Saildrive got new shaft seals and oil, fixed prop new shaft seal and gear oil. Both engines got new volvo 3 blade folding props.
The tank is fitted under the mast and has a capacity of 350 lliters. It has been cleaned after I bought the boat 2022. The port engine is equipped with a second 90A alternator to charge the auxillary batteries.
Port engine: Volvo D2 55 E saildrive S130 – 700hrs, Year 2012
Starbord engine: Kubota Nanni 4150e – fixed shaft with new watercooled vetus shaft seal and new exhaust manifold. – approx 2000hrs, year 2003

Deck equipement / rigging/ hardware:
- A new Antal 56 electric winsh has been fitted on the aftbeam.
- Lofrans Tigre 1500W which has been replaced by the old owner and has been barely used by him. The mainsail can be hoisted with the horicontal anchorwinch by one person if need be.
- hardtop Bimini roof on a solid Stainless support construction – it can be walked on to acess sails or to enlarge the usable space on bord.
- Anchorchain 80m - 10mm DIN – galvanized – good condition, no rust, only at the first 10 m
- Anchor – Bügelanchor 35g
- 2nd Anchor – Danforth 20kg
- 10 straight fenders
- 2 Ball fenders
- Trampoline: brandnew dynema Trampoline installed 10 / 2023
- propane tank 2* 10kg
- Storagecovers for Hatches
- Saloon hatches new 10 / 2023

Cockpit:
The cockpittable seats 7 Persons. It is shaded by the rigid Bimini Top. The cockpittable and seats are moveable. The large Saloon entrance door opens 3 meters.

Saloon
The saloon cosists of the kitchen and the saloon table with benches on the port side. It seats 6 persons. On the starbordside there is the large sofa which is designed to be used as a bunk for the crew on shift. If used as bed its 2m long and 90cm wide. The matress is 12cm thick. The chartable and the TV is right beside it. If used as a sofa it seats at least 6 persons comfortabely. There is a large storage area under the superlight sandwhich construction of the sofa. The interieur floor is made of waterresistant and very soft and comfortable EVA foam. The large 180 degrees Saloon windows are shaded with a net fabric (Babtiline) which alows to see through but absorbs 80% of the heat.

Ownerside – starbord hull
The large double cabin has a 1,6m * 2m queensized bed with a new matless. Infront of it a smaller bed as seating area or for a child. Behind the door a wardrobe.
In the middlesection of the starbord hull is a large workshop area with two benches and ample space for tools and a large wardrobe and a storage shelf.
In the front of the starbord hull is the toilet with a large shower. See above.

Port hull – 2 double cabins and a seating area with a sink in the middle

There is a spacious double cabin on the aft and a double cabin in the front of the hull. Both 1,6m * 2m with various storage shelfes and hatches. The seating area in the middle has storage shelfes for a little library. The sink in the middle can e used for dishwashing – it has a freshwater and saltwatertab. Crew can also wash or brush teeth there.

Refit done 2022/23
- hull has been stripped of old antifouling and protected by several layers of epoxy primer and 5 layers of epoxy coppercoat.
- The deck has been spraypainted new with Awlgrip Antislip.
- new interieur has been custom made in superlight Carbon / fiberglass sandwhich
- A new fiberglass bimini roof has been made
- new saloonwindows and hatches installed
- The new trampoline is of dynema.
- The north norlam mainsail and lazybag are new
- The deckhardware has been partly renewied.
- A new anchorwinch has been insalled and
- a large Antal electric winsh is fitted on the aftbeam.
- New Trudesign Throughulls installed 2023.
- new solarpanels (800W) plus victron regulator
- new house batteries (1000w) plus new starter batteries 2023.
- liferaft,
- chartplotter Raymarine E80,
- AIS Sender and receiver,
- Radar,
- Genaker and Genakerpole
- Spinaker.
- The engines serviced 10 / 2023 – change oil and filters, dieselfilters, impeller and seals, bearing waterpump, V – Belt, Saildrive got new shaft seals and oil, fixed prop new shaft seal and gear oil.
- Both engines got new volvo 3 blade folding props.
- Additional Window covers

TAX is paid - Sales price is 210.000e
The booat is situated in Marina Messolonghi, 30200 Messolonghi, Greece
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20230613_171751.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	408.4 KB
ID:	284383   Click image for larger version

Name:	20230613_171817.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	407.2 KB
ID:	284384  

Name:	20210627_173852.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	404.3 KB
ID:	284385   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20230819-WA0009.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	452.2 KB
ID:	284386  

Name:	DJI_0151.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	392.8 KB
ID:	284387   Click image for larger version

Name:	saloon bb 10.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	402.5 KB
ID:	284388  

Wildone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2023, 09:57   #2

Boat: Shuttleworth Advantage
Re: Saiiling Catamaran Advantage 44 Shuttleworth Design

Highly recommended, but I could be a bit bias.
Tupaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2023, 10:06   #3
Marine Service Provider

Hi Tupaia - you own an advantage too?
Old 14-12-2023, 10:08   #4
Marine Service Provider

What do u mean by I could be bias? Sorry for my asking. I am Austrian.
Old 14-12-2023, 11:40   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildone View Post
What do u mean by I could be bias? Sorry for my asking. I am Austrian.

Excuse my English humour.
Old 15-12-2023, 10:58   #6

Boat: Planet, Earth LOA∞

Peculiar centreboard.
fcftampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2023, 02:02   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcftampa View Post
Peculiar centreboard.

The centreboard is a Kelsall design, Bader built many Kelsalls as well as several Shuttleworths. The Kelsall board arrangement was much simpler constructionally.
Old 19-12-2023, 06:35   #8

nice boat!
Direstraits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2023, 06:49   #9
Marine Service Provider

I plan to sail the boat to the caribean end of the year!
Old 19-12-2023, 13:27   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildone View Post
I plan to sail the boat to the Caribbean end of the year!
So do you mean 2024?
Please keep me informed. My plan is to retire in Oct of 24 and will be looking to buy between Feb of 24 to Oct.

Dennis
I will pm you a cell number
Direstraits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2023, 14:17   #11

Boat: Dean 440 13.4m catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupaia View Post
The centreboard is a Kelsall design, Bader built many Kelsalls as well as several Shuttleworths. The Kelsall board arrangement was much simpler constructionally.
avoids the loss of space found with C/B is in the hulls too. we have friends with a 50' catana that find this a real problem

sees quite a nice boat, and well priced - although i'm surprised at a 47'er with only one head. our 44'er has 3 !

cheers,
Old 19-12-2023, 15:30   #12
smj

Boat: TRT 1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisr View Post
avoids the loss of space found with C/B is in the hulls too. we have friends with a 50' catana that find this a real problem

sees quite a nice boat, and well priced - although i'm surprised at a 47'er with only one head. our 44'er has 3 !

cheers,
Pretty sure she is 44’, and maybe just one head as she is designed more around performance than palatial space.
smj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2023, 22:54   #13

Boat: Dean 440 13.4m catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smj View Post
Pretty sure she is 44’, and maybe just one head as she is designed more around performance than palatial space.
ops...sorry my bad. sure i saw 47 somewhere there but looks like mum was right (it did send me blind)

cheers,
Old 20-12-2023, 01:16   #14
Marine Service Provider

Hi Denis: Yes I mean I cross over end of 2024. Best is you send an email to mernstbrunner@hotmail.com

ad heads: Its a 44 - maybe the confusion with 47 happened bc I owned a Nautitech 47 when I posted first in this site. Its mentioned near my username. The NT47 had 4 heads. A horror. Repairing and maintaining them took more time than looking after the engines....
Old 20-12-2023, 11:37   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisr View Post

cheers,

Catanas have slab sided hulls and two vertical boards. Shuttleworths typically only have one board in one hull and it is canted outwards, that combined with the wine glass hull profile hardly impinges on the interior space at all.

Two heads are better than one but 4 heads is a committee.

Tags
catamaran, shuttleworth