Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Boats For Sale and Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-09-2017, 11:06   #16

Boat: 1991 beneteau first
Re: Vancouver Island Couple sold everything and looking for a boat to go sailing!

1991 Beneteau First 38S5 Sail Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com
pwrln12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2017, 14:01   #17

Boat: Tayana 48
Re: Vancouver Island Couple sold everything and looking for a boat to go sailing!

Everybody has two cents, here's mine...

You have good ideas and a very favorable budget to get a really good boat to do what you want and dream of.

Consider our Tayana 48, Nomad. She is currently located East Coast Florida (no hurricane damage) and exceptionally well equipped. She is ready to go Bahamas right now. Due to our life changes, a good deal on an exceptional boat can be had, well within your budget.

Information is available in the Classified section.

Wishing you the best to live large!
D
D Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2017, 14:35   #18

Hi Phil,

We live aboard our Spencer 1330 - 44ft Center cockpit on Quadra Island/Campbell River. Have sailed her to Haida Quai, Mexico, Hawai and back. She is fully equipped for offshore but may need some modifications to meet all of your wish list and within your budget. We could be motivated to part with her. If you want to have a look send me your email. billburr@gmail.com.
billburr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2017, 17:05   #19

Boat: Bruce Roberts Ketch 40

I have Bruce Roberts 40, with all the bells and whistles I was thinking about selling in Oct. for $75K.
Lectra San head they let me dump in the Marina.
Separate shower, in huge head.
Gorgeous wood interior through out the boat.
Barely 100 hrs on Perkins 4-108
Tanbark Sails. Main, Mizzen and 3 head sails,,,medium one on roller furling now,
Portable generator in Dry Box on aft deck.
Dingy on dingy davits. With 5 or 15 HP outboard.
Solar panels and new wind gen.
Plotter charts and paper charts for the whole of N and S America west coasts and the whole Pacific.
The list goes on.
Here in Portland Oregon in fresh water on the Columbia.
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2017, 17:39   #20

Dont forget you are entering a dying market as with more cruisers prefering multihulls these days..
When it comes to sell and upgrade to level sailing you could lose a lot of $'s.
Look for a good cruising/ performance Catamaran that does not sink in a hurry like all the boats mentioned here .
Lance Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2017, 01:20   #21
Marine Service Provider

Boat: 38ft cedar-strip custom design

This one might be worth a look...

Passport 42 Sailboat For Sale
demacsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2017, 04:14   #22

Boat: Nauticat 32

How about this for a robust boat. 2000 Nauticat Pilothouse Sail Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

I may be biased, but I think a pilot house would be great for the cool and rainy climate there.
Juho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2017, 10:01   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHR View Post
Hey, my wife and I just looked at the Hallberg-Rassy 39 in Seattle yesterday too. You must have been the Canadian couple that came in as we were leaving. We were more focused on the Hylas 46, but I think we are going to pass on those and the nearby Nauticat and Island Packet at another broker. The Nauticat even had a sauna! Just a little too pricey for what's there.

The HR did not have a generator and only had one head. The Hylas transom appeared to have some issue with its transom being too low in the water (funk on it where there should not be any). Tough choices. We're on the same sort of hunt for a boat. good luck.
Hey nice to meet you informally. Yes that was us! And of course we were informed about the other possible "interested" purchasers out there. We appreciate your honesty. We looked at the Hylas too and weren't as impressed with it as the HR-39 (for our use that is). It's too bad we have to pay import duties as that makes it that much more expensive for our budget.

There is the odd one already imported into Canada. Just have to wait for the owners to sell them. LOL.

Thanks for reaching out to us and good luck in your search!
Phil Mavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2017, 10:26   #24

Just saw a Amel 53 at the Seattle Boats Afloat show that would go were ever you wanted to go
Navi2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2017, 08:18   #25

Boat: Catalina 22 - My first boat!!

I am volunteering, (not that you were asking!) to help crew the boat down the coast if you need a hand for any part of the trip. Cheers! Kevin
kclancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2017, 08:27   #26

Boat: Island Packet 445

Check out this one: Camdeboo - Lavranos 50 - Swiftsure Yachts

This is a serious bluewater boat that has returned from a multi-year offshore expedition. The owners are from Victoria. The wife was actually the Commodore of Bluewater Cruising Association so you would know that everything is top notch!
Old 19-09-2017, 08:49   #27

Boat: Scout 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance Reynolds View Post
Dont forget you are entering a dying market as with more cruisers prefering multihulls these days..
When it comes to sell and upgrade to level sailing you could lose a lot of $'s.
Look for a good cruising/ performance Catamaran that does not sink in a hurry like all the boats mentioned here .

Another case of opinion masquerading as fact. The majority of cruisers pick monohulls & the majority of new boats sold are monohulls. Considering the price difference between mono & cat & the difficulty of finding slips for cats or marinas that can haul them this will not change. Regarding depreciation cats are certainly not immune. You can expect to lose a lot of money on any boat but the more you spend the more you risk.
Scout 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2017, 09:22   #28

Hello all.

Thank you all so much for your leads and tips! We really appreciate them!

Michelle and I have a generous offer from my brother in Saint John, NB to take their Catalina 36 down the ICW to Florida and then onto the Bahamas this coming season! Since living on our Catalina 30 is becoming quite cold now here on the west coast and we haven't found the "Eureka" boat yet, we've decided to take him up on his offer.

We plan to return to the west coast sometime in May to continue the search. Please feel free to continue to post any leads you might have as we've been very impressed with the ones we've already received.

We're thinking of limiting our search to the West Coast of North America as shipping costs are rarely recovered when buying something far away.

Thank you all again!

Phil and Michelle
Phil Mavis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat, sail, sailing