Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Emergency, Disaster and Distress
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-03-2023, 01:52   #31
cruiser

Re: Coast Guard ends search for boat carrying 20 from Bahamas to Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthoops View Post
One of the reports I read a few days ago when it first was missing said it was thought to be related to human trafficking. Here https://supremestudy.com/essay-examp...an-trafficking is an article about those types of events so, every time is the same scenario and that explains the number of people in the boat. It was blowing stink out there from the north earlier this week.
I fully concur with the notion that cramming illegal immigrants onto boats is not only against the law but also excessively perilous. Having toiled in the maritime industry for several years, I have personally witnessed the devastating aftermath of overcrowding and negligent safety procedures on vessels. It's gut-wrenching to learn about the lives lost or at risk due to these types of situations. The issue of illegal immigration is undeniably intricate and demands a nuanced approach. While enforcing the law is crucial, we must also acknowledge the underlying causes that impel people to take such drastic measures. As a man who has faced displacement and had to navigate complex immigration systems, I am intimately aware of the arduous and heart-rending decision to leave one's homeland.
Ramon Collins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arc, Bahamas, boat, florida