Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-10-2017, 23:51   #1

ST Thomas Mangoves

Hi , my name is Michael . I am trying to find info or pics from any one who may have info or has a boat in the Mangrove Lagoon ..... I am trying to find the status of my 32ft wooden sloop Unforgettable , she was put into the mangroves by my ex-wife , but she has left island to get my kids to Florida , I am in Saudi Arabia for work and have not had any luck to date with any hard confirmed news or photos . I have had contact with a few people but the last I had heard was someone was told she had survived Irma with some headsail damage only , no updates yet since Maria ...... I am trying to come up with plans to come and handle what needs to be handled, and need to know what I am in store for ....Anyone here that can help , thanks !
MCoone82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 03:25   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: ST Thomas Mangoves

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Michael.

Good luck!

GordMay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 09:49   #3

Boat: 40' Jeanneau

We had a boat tied to A dock at Independent Boat Yard in St. Thomas, close to where your boat was. Reports and photos show our boat is still afloat, but with damage to topsides and toe rail. Many boats were destroyed or dismasted all around.

The latest report we got, last week, was that there was no electricity or fresh water in the neighborhood and that we probably should delay traveling down to start repairs for at least a few more weeks. Communications are difficult. We've been able to communicate sporadically via text message with the fellow we hired to watch the boat during hurricane season. He's been a great communicator, but I hesitate to ask much of him as survival is still an overtime job in St. Thomas.

Last week I was able to get in touch with a friend who flew back to the States from STT on the first flight out. His boat survived with minimal damage in the water at Independent Boat Yard, but he said he's not going back until conditions improve. He say the folks there are dealing with very difficult conditions still.

I'm sorry I can't give you better news or a more detailed report. Good luck. It may be a while before you can do much to improve the situation.
Tia Bu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 02:14   #4

Thanks , yeah I have been avoiding asking because I know everyone is going through a lot there , any info is greatly appreciated, thanks again !
Old 10-10-2017, 02:14   #5

Thanks