Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-05-2022, 07:45   #1

Transit log in Greece

Hi
I have been living in UK for over 20 years ,but I hold a Bulgarian passport.
In October 21 I did buy a Bavaria 40 in Greece and I registered it under UK flag.When I applied for transit log they dave me 1 month only as I don't have a British passport.Now I stuck ,I cant take it out of European waters and I cant use it in Greece.Any idea how can I resolve that mater?
Thanks in advance
hristo yankov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 11:14   #2
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36
Transit log in Greece

Quote:
Originally Posted by hristo yankov View Post
Hi

I have been living in UK for over 20 years ,but I hold a Bulgarian passport.

In October 21 I did buy a Bavaria 40 in Greece and I registered it under UK flag.When I applied for transit log they dave me 1 month only as I don't have a British passport.Now I stuck ,I cant take it out of European waters and I cant use it in Greece.Any idea how can I resolve that mater?

Thanks in advance

Why in name of god would a EU citizen now use U.K. registration it’s madness

You are being treated incorrectly. The status of the vessel is a function of the status of the owner not the flag.

If the boat is Eu vat paid and [y] you are established in the eu [/u]. then you do not need a transit log and you are free to use the vessel in the EU as you wish.

1. Is the vessel eu vat paid

2. Are you “ established in the EU “

If 1 is not true and 2 is true , you have 30 days to pay the vat or take the vessel permanently out of the customs union , you can’t use it in the EU under this circumstance.

If 2 is not true , you can apply for the TIP process and keep the boat in the Eu for 18 months. The Greeks usually issue a 18 month transit log

I think we need to understand more to a accurately answer your question.
Old 04-05-2022, 11:40   #3
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36
Transit log in Greece

Ok

If you are as it seems “ established in the U.K. “ then you cannot use your Bulgarian citizenship to any benefit as this is irekevabt for vat purposes.

(A) the boat is EU vat paid or U.K. vat paid as of the dec 31 2021. In this case the vessel can remain within the EU customs union waters Indefinitely , Greece should NOT issue you with a transit log.

If you leave the custom union waters the vessel is deemed exported and you can only reenter under the TIP exemption, and Greece will issue you with a 18 month transit log unless the boat has entered EU waters elsewhere.

If you have bought the boat as a U.K. resident without EU VAT , then technically you must export it from Greece ( 30 day window ) and then if desired renter the customs union under TIP.

If your 30 days has elapsed and the boat has not been exported from the Customs union , you are technically due to pay EU VAT.

If this is the case you are in a pickle.

Tags
Greece