Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Other
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-03-2009, 02:43   #1

explain or define this for me please

hi you all

ok just to let you guys know I HAVE NO EXP AT ALL i keep my feet on land but now i need all the old salts of the seas to help me out.

i will explain in a second what my plan is so i will give you some boring details what my gave me this plan.My parents decided that they are gonna sail around the world (circumnavigation) in there 45 ft monohull but here is where catch 22 starts. my dad always complain about weight etc so for the last 2 months i was thinking what to give them for a retirement/go away present.time is sort of on my side because they are only starting there trip early next year(2010)they are getting everything ready on the boat etc.

i have asked them a few questions what they plan(country's they planning to visit and what they are gonna see) but the answer i got was , where the wind take us.

so it did not help allot and if i ask more about this trip they will become supicious.

So i came up with this idea/plan it is a awful lot of work and data i have to search and process but i recon i can do it in 9 months

i am gonna put together a file(don't know what to call it other wise)of details for them about every continent/island they maybe going to visit with details like Fishing/what to see/ mooring/anchorage/recommended places and so forth and few recipes

I started with fishing ( around the world)and have a lot of details about edible fishes and the ones to avoid and the best time to catch them(meaning when it is not spawning etc)and some regulations from fishing industry and so on

But now i have to start processing the data i have loads and hope to add more. now my problem starts.So if you guys can help with the following it will be a great help my problem is and i think it because the folks cant give me a straight answer in where they going

How do i devide the globe/oceans to for example to show them my fishing data ( around Australia/Bahamas/the med/Africa and so on.this is only examples) i am trying to devide the whole globe into easier sizes but not in to 200 pieces/regions i am thinking of 9-15 regions maybe a bit more but i am not sure what to do

I hope this make sense to you all i am open to any ideas and all comments/advise will be appreciated
frans duplessis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2009, 03:05   #2
Long Range Cruiser

Location: Australian living on "Sea Life" currently in England.
Boat: Beneteau 393 "Sea Life"
Quote:
Originally Posted by frans duplessis View Post
i am trying to devide the whole globe into easier sizes but not in to 200 pieces/regions i am thinking of 9-15 regions
Damn, I was thinking of the Seven Seas. But 9 to 15? How about the Seven Seas plus a coupla oceans?

Were you on this forum recently with a different User name? The way ou write looks familiar...

Good luck

Somalia Pirates and our Convoy
MarkJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2009, 03:14   #3

thanks for the reply

i was thinking about the 7 ocaens but aint it to big?you guys will now beter than me

and to you question no it is my first tread on cf

thank you for the reply
frans duplessis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2009, 04:41   #4

Boat: 43 ft Selene/Solo
It would seem that just dividing both the Northern and Southern hemispheres and then further segmenting by meridians(Longitudes) would be the way to go. Each division of Longitude would not necessarily need to be equal, but could encompass land masses/island groups as required.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
captain465 is offline   Reply With Quote