Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Other
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-04-2006, 05:35   #1
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Balance 526
Marina for the night in Baltimore area

Can anyone recommend a marina in the Baltimore area that we can dock our 43' catamaran for a couple of days. It would need to have easy access to public transportation to BWI Airport. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave
tilmonday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2006, 14:06   #2

I never found "easy" access to public transportation in Baltimore, so I can't help with that.

There are a few "airport shuttle" services that serve BWI. This is basically a big van that will pick you (and various other people) up and take you to the airport. It used to cost something like $15 or $20 per person. If you're willing to use an airport shuttle, you can look in the cruising guides for any marina in Annapolis, Baltimore, or in between.

I used to live at Anchorage Marina in Baltimore. They can easily accomodate catamarans along the outside pier. I think Baltimore Marine Center has some cat-sized slips. These two marinas are within a block of a well-stocked grocery store, which may be helpful when you come back.
Old 17-04-2006, 14:23   #3

Boat: Alberg 30 #554 Aurora
Transportation

I know there is a marina by The Rusty Scupper. I forget the name, but I priced it some time ago and the prices for transient slips sounded OK to me at the time. I never stayed there so I can't comment much about the quality of the marina.

It is close to the light rail (a few blocks). The light rail serves the BWI. Anywhere around the Inner Harbor, Fells Point, or Canton public transportation is readly available.

Sorry I couldn't give more specific info about the marinas in the area.

BTW: You can tie up at the bulkhead in the inner harbor for a reasonable fee if you don't need any services.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilmonday
Can anyone recommend a marina in the Baltimore area that we can dock our 43' catamaran for a couple of days. It would need to have easy access to public transportation to BWI Airport. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave
staehpj1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baltimore