Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-06-2024, 05:19   #1

Koh Samui mooring

Hi everyone,
I’m new to sailing and to this site, so please be kind to my potential ignorance. I am interested in retiring on a live aboard 40-50 ft sailing vessel (yet to be purchased) and mooring in Bangrak Bay on the north coast of Koh Samui Thailand. I have recently visited and watched yachts entering and leaving the bay on a regular basis, with quite a few large yachts moored in the bay.
My plan would be to purchase a vessel in either Thailand (mainland) or Langkawi Malaysia and making the trip to Koh Samui for long term mooring in the bay.
I wonder if anyone could give me any information on securing a permanent mooring in the bay?
I’ve been in contact with the hotel I stayed with while visiting whose owner has a catamaran permanently moored in the bay, but they have not communicated for a few weeks so I thought I’d ask some people more likely to be able to advise

Thanks in advance
Dave
Davescat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mooring