Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Regional Forums and Groups > Europe
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-09-2022, 13:07   #16

Boat: Trident marine Voyager 30
Re: Buying a Sailing Yacht in Greece

Quote:
Originally Posted by goboatingnow View Post
We shall see , the expectation is UKCA for boats will be identical to the RCD , since the uk is not going to create all the ISO standards a second time

Time will tell , the industry doesn’t seem perturbed as far as I can ascertain
I do of course realise that you are the expert of everything.

My apologies to the OP. Please ignore everything I have said in this thread.
Anders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 01:32   #17

Thanks to all who have replied to this thread, much appreciated + a big thanks to goboatingnow for offline chat.
Steven Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 07:19   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Miller View Post
Good evening folks,

Looking for some help/assistance from anyone who has recent or in-depth knowledge or experience of buying a sail yacht in Greece.

Currently looking at one in Preveza.

Whilst aware of the general stages of a Greek boat purchase, it would be helpful to speak to someone who has knowledge/experience per above.

Simple things like confirming whether the lawyers fees I have been quoted are ball park for the service provided etc.

Also, the yacht will be coming back to UK waters, so again if anyone has any prior knowledge/experience etc. your thoughts and/or assistance would be gratefully accepted.

In appreciation
Stevie

Dear Steve

Bought a Bavaria 46 last year from 2008 in Greece - used charter boat. Lessons learned: Look carefull before deciding. If you buy a charterboat - there are good ones - and want to take it out of Greece be aware that you have to make a flag deletion and custom clearance. Seller will normally take care of that but it can be a timely process (months) - especially the custom clearance. Sometime they are registered in northern Greece where they dont know how to do it.
Good luck/JP
1Liverpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 07:27   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Liverpool View Post
Dear Steve

Bought a Bavaria 46 last year from 2008 in Greece - used charter boat. Lessons learned: Look carefull before deciding. If you buy a charterboat - there are good ones - and want to take it out of Greece be aware that you have to make a flag deletion and custom clearance. Seller will normally take care of that but it can be a timely process (months) - especially the custom clearance. Sometime they are registered in northern Greece where they dont know how to do it.
Good luck/JP
Thanks JP
Steven Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 15:38   #20

Boat: Hunter 450,42,456 (3 boats)

Four years ago I bought a Hunter 456 in Lefkada from a British Dr. Living outside London. I bought it through a British broker with offices there and in the UK. The Dr. Had imported it to Athens from the US. He had it CE rated or approved. I now have the rig in Croatia in a marina. I’m considering selling it as I have another Hunter in Holland. It’s registered in Delaware now. I had British SBR for awhile till the rules were changed.
stacyanna21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 08:34   #21
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36
Buying a Sailing Yacht in Greece

For anything involved with Greek customs there’s an excellent lady in Nydri that can be used. She has good relations with customs.

I’ve never seen an issue with customs clearance leaving Greece. Flag deletion can be done by the new owner having a bill of sale or can be done simultaneously, it depends on new flag delays as it’s best to ensure the boat remains flagged somewhere. You Can simply do a Greek change of ownership.
Old 10-09-2022, 08:40   #22
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36
Buying a Sailing Yacht in Greece

…. … …. ….

Tags
buying, government regulations, Greece, local information, sail, sailing, yacht