Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-02-2023, 14:38   #1

A foot in the companionway

Hi all,

I am trying to plan my way into getting a bigger boat, moving from my trailerable 16 foot lugger to a 26 - 30 foot Sloop or ketch.

My nearest marina is Wynnum/Manly Yacht Club.

The most affordable way for me is a swing/buoy mooring but upon contact with MSQ, they aren’t allocating any new swing mooring locations so there are long waiting lists for existing locations to vacate.

I don’t want to buy a boat and secure it at a Marina for 3 years while I wait for a swing mooring permit because that’s unaffordable and MSQ won’t let me apply for a swing/buoy mooring without a registered boat. Catch 22!

My respectful and honest mate Raul and I are looking for a Top Hat 25/ Endeavour 26/Tasman 26/Currawong 30/Clansman 30 so I am wondering if there is anyone who is struggling financially or is looking to share the cost and care of their existing vessel.

Please reach out to me if you are interested or comment below

Team work makes the dream work.
SV_Scruffy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
companionway