Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Lithium Power Systems
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-08-2020, 16:13   #1

Boat: Duo 480c
E Go+ Batteries for Micro-Cruising

https://www.electricbike.com/zukun-d...ool-batteries/

https://electricbike-blog.com/2016/0...ibly-go-wrong/

I recently got a blower and weed eater from E Go+.
Was wondering if the batteries that they use would be useful in a micro-cruising catamaran setup. Did a little reading and found that they are being used for DIY electric bikes.

I would be using it to power navigation lights, keep phone/ gps charged, possibly power a raspberry pi (possibly wishful thinking?) Ideally would like something that I could keep trickle charged from a small solar panel as well. (trying to set up to gunk-hole on weekends, maybe up to two weeks at a time, around the gulf of mexico, so I would be near shore, but not necessarily near shore power)

If this wouldn't be a good battery for this application, could you make suggestions towards an ultralight setup for camp-cruising on a Duo 480 catamaran.

Lithium batteries are a subject that "I dont know what I don't know"
so if this is an obvious NO please let me down easy

I tried to do a little reading on the microcruising site, as well as the watertribe forums, but didn't find what I was looking for - so far.

Thanks in advance for the help and advice.
-Morgan
Burnside Style is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries, cruising