Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Lithium Power Systems
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-06-2020, 19:02   #211

Re: lithium battery source/price thread

I have ordered and received my Winston cells direct from the factory through Julia Yu from Winston LiFePO4 Battery Provider. Here is her direct email sales@skypowerintl.com.
I paid $1 per Ah per cell for A grade cells + shipping ($1600 for 4x 400Ah cells). everything went well with great communication, a slight delay due to COVID 19 but that was beyond everybody's control.
KapaRico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2020, 21:45   #212

Re: lithium battery - second hand cells from China

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt-Sanders View Post
It reminds me of the picture from this posting https://gwl-power.tumblr.com/post/101597795626/
A company that provides a quality product and supports a second hand market can charge a higher initial price, because their customers know that they can resell the item and recoup a great percentage of their initial outlay. Seems like a GWL customer would have to pay a lower initial price, since GWL sees the resale value of their cells as being similar to rotten potatoes.

Meanwhile, I’m happy to buy Yamaha parts for the 2003 Yamaha 2 stroke 8 hp outboard I bought today, and know that I will probably get all of my money back if I ever choose to sell it. If I bought a Chinese outboard, I’d be better off throwing it in the trash when I was done with it, rather than trying to sell it.
Steve Lavigne is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, price