Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Lithium Power Systems
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-02-2023, 22:40   #31
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Bavaria Match35
Re: Opening the Sealed Type Drop-in Lifepo4 Battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by ers61 View Post
i'm suprised that the dally bms didnt do its work and you had to cut off the battery. normally its a good brand for a bms.
I followed the motto: "Using LFP batteries in the range of 20-80%Soc extends their life".

Passive balancing takes effect when cells exceed 3.5 vpc. Since the passive balancing method is the discharge of the cells with a small current, the balancing takes a long time to complete. I used my batteries for six months without sensitively applying the passive balancing process. After six months of use like this, the HvCutoff went down to 3.45 volts and I had no choice but to add an active balancer to the battery. The active balancer solves the balancing problem more effectively and quickly as of 3.2 vpc. I will continue with the motto "Using LFP batteries in the range of 20-80%Soc extends their life". Also I will check my capacity by doing 100%Soc from time to time.
SOLAR SUPPORT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2023, 23:31   #32
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Herreshoff Caribbean 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLAR SUPPORT View Post
Or this without the box ! https://www.lazada.co.th/products/ac...q3Once&stock=1
Old 27-02-2023, 00:42   #33
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmalina View Post
Are you sure it is an active balancer? Bluetooth?
Old 27-02-2023, 01:49   #34

Quote:
I followed the motto: "Using LFP batteries in the range of 20-80%Soc extends their life".

Passive balancing takes effect when cells exceed 3.5 vpc. Since the passive balancing method is the discharge of the cells with a small current, the balancing takes a long time to complete. I used my batteries for six months without sensitively applying the passive balancing process. After six months of use like this, the HvCutoff went down to 3.45 volts and I had no choice but to add an active balancer to the battery. The active balancer solves the balancing problem more effectively and quickly as of 3.2 vpc. I will continue with the motto "Using LFP batteries in the range of 20-80%Soc extends their life". Also I will check my capacity by doing 100%Soc from time to time.
my system is dropin too. it's nice to be able to see the individual cell voltages and monitor them, but if it works who cares and i don't want to cut the boxes btw, i saw you used bruteforce but could be glued from the sides?

i'm in the same motto with charging %. in the manual of my battery it is written to charge batteries with 15v !!! i never trusted these guys and was charging with much less (also not to use the full capacity) but could be like yours that they aren't getting balance threatment. i'll try. hope i won't burn them with 15v lol
ers61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2023, 02:24   #35
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ers61 View Post
my system is dropin too. it's nice to be able to see the individual cell voltages and monitor them, but if it works who cares and i don't want to cut the boxes btw, i saw you used bruteforce but could be glued from the sides?

i'm in the same motto with charging %. in the manual of my battery it is written to charge batteries with 15v !!! i never trusted these guys and was charging with much less (also not to use the full capacity) but could be like yours that they aren't getting balance threatment. i'll try. hope i won't burn them with 15v lol
I opened a window from the top of the sealed box by leaving pole connection side untouched. The piece of plastic panel which cut from the window is closed without sealing.

If you have a charger that works in LFP mode, try to complete the top balancing charge. If your battery voltage can reach to 14.6 volt (3.65vpc) without a bms-HvCutoff-trigger then cells in the battery are top balanced. Passive balancing becomes effective after cells voltage reach to 3.55-3.60 vpc. If the bms HvCutoff triggers at 3.50-3.60 volts or before and does not allow you to progress up to 3.65 vpc level, you may be able to solve the balance problem with small charge voltage increase settings with a 0.00 v precison charging tool. Passive balancing can continue for days, depending on the level of imbalance of the cells.
Old 27-02-2023, 02:57   #36

Quote:
I opened a window from the top of the sealed box by leaving pole connection side untouched. The piece of plastic panel which cut from the window is closed without sealing.

If you have a charger that works in LFP mode, try to complete the top balancing charge. If your battery voltage can reach to 14.6 volt (3.65vpc) without a bms-HvCutoff-trigger then cells in the battery are top balanced. Passive balancing becomes effective after cells voltage reach to 3.55-3.60 vpc. If the bms HvCutoff triggers at 3.50-3.60 volts or before and does not allow you to progress up to 3.65 vpc level, you may be able to solve the balance problem with small charge voltage increase settings with a 0.00 v precison charging tool. Passive balancing can continue for days, depending on the level of imbalance of the cells.
thanks worth checking just in case..funny that while trying to enhance the life of battery it can also cause additional problems.i can adjust mptt to charge at that voltage.never went that hight but lets see..
ers61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2023, 11:00   #37
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Are you sure it is an active balancer? Bluetooth?
Bluetooth no but active balancer yes and very effective I have them on my bank.
Old 28-02-2023, 11:51   #38
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmalina View Post
Bluetooth no but active balancer yes and very effective I have them on my bank.
Active balancer works with capacitors. I can't see any capacitors on this device.
Old 01-03-2023, 16:40   #39
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Active balancer works with capacitors. I can't see any capacitors on this device.
The old technology used caps these have dedicated chips to do it !

Tags
battery, lifepo4