Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Lithium Power Systems
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-05-2021, 09:35   #1

Boat: PDQ 32 LRC
Storing LiPO4 batteries over summer in FL?

Getting closer to converting to Lithium. I store my boat on the hard in Southwest FL during the summer. I know that Lithium batteries don't like the heat. Will this harm the batteries if I leave them on the boat? Do I need to remove them and put them in a cooler storage?
Jerry Woodward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 11:55   #2

Boat: SAnta Cruz 27
Re: Storing LiPO4 batteries over summer in FL?

I think you've answered your own question. Read https://www.solacity.com/how-to-keep...tteries-happy/
donradcliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 22:41   #3

Re: Storing LiPO4 batteries over summer in FL?

Discharge them till the cells are around 3.3v. Disconnect all cabling so there is no current drain and let them sleep. When you return, connect every thing up again and they will be ready to go. You will need to charge them to better than 3.45v rested in each cell group and discharge them down to 3v in each cell group, that is not all the cell groups added together and an average of 3v and 3.45v, you need to actually monitor the cell voltages. Only requires one full cycle and they will be back to full capacity, or just let them cycle normally and after around 10 cycles they should be back to full capacity.

T1 Terry
T1 Terry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries