Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Lithium Power Systems
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-02-2019, 04:56   #1

Boat: Imexus 28, Malcolm Tennant 46 Timeliner cat
Victron to replace Xantrex for LiFeYPO4 service

Hi! I'm planning to switch from LA to LiFeYPO4 on my boat replacing by the same step the Xantrex Prosine 2.0 inverter/charger. My current bank is (should be) 1200Ah(one isolated cranking bat). Going to install 4 Winston 3.2V-1000Ah plus one isolated to crank the motors. My boat has dual voltage system: 110V/60Hz - initially built and 220V/50Hz added on arrival to Europe. I have a step down 220/110 insolation transformer and FP4500VA generator. 2x130 W Kuocera solar batts . I would like to install a Victron Centaur universal input 12/100 charger and Phoenix 12/3000 inverter. I will put BMS,BMV+1000A shunt and a new solar controller. I would like to have a universal input charger, in order to be ready for any system, when will go back to the West. My questions are:
1). Will VE Centaur work correctly with LiFeYPO4 (no information on official data sheet) ?
2). BMS 123 is enough, or there are better options ?
3). Is there any advantages of expensive Color Control GX and Canvu GX monitors ?
Or, Blue Power Panel will work as well ?
I may add (have space on the ramp) two more solar bats later.
Appreciate Forum advise
YARGESOL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service