Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-10-2020, 17:17   #226
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.
Re: Australian quarantine equality?

Ya mean Thomo, the choco easter bunny!
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Old 18-10-2020, 18:03   #227

Boat: Westerly Sealord

I don't think Thomo knew what the consequences would be ... I think Scotty knew exactly what would happen...
Old 18-10-2020, 20:01   #228

Boat: Island Packet 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotname View Post
Was Professor Sutton late?
No the other bloke, Vics chief health officer, always on TV with dangerous Dan.
Old 18-10-2020, 20:46   #229

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pinguino View Post
I don't think Thomo knew what the consequences would be ... I think Scotty knew exactly what would happen...
OK, we will give Thomie a leave pass then. Nevertheless both of these geezers are responsible for probably the greatest ecological and economic disasters in Oz; 'nuf said!
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Old 18-10-2020, 21:46   #230

Well at least we indirectly got the Austin Hospital out of Thomas.
I'm merely a pleb but it seems unnecessary and pernicious to be handing out $17B in tax cuts when we are surely going into a Covid recession.
Old 18-10-2020, 23:07   #231

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevilleCat View Post
Well at least we indirectly got the Austin Hospital out of Thomas.
I'm merely a pleb but it seems unnecessary and pernicious to be handing out $17B in tax cuts when we are surely going into a Covid recession.
Classic Keynesian response to a recession.
Old 18-10-2020, 23:18   #232

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondR View Post
No the other bloke, Vics chief health officer, always on TV with dangerous Dan.
Sutton is Victoria's chief health officer... for now at least.....

and Credlin should be de-barked..
https://www.theage.com.au/national/v...19-p566ex.html
Old 19-10-2020, 00:03   #233

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pinguino View Post
Sutton is Victoria's chief health officer... for now at least.....

and Credlin should be de-barked..
https://www.theage.com.au/national/v...19-p566ex.html
It's hard to keep up with what goes on in Victoria, very opaque system of government, hoards of lawyers have been trying to find out who hired the bouncers for weeks now without success. I am certain it will turn out to have been the mischief making cleaning lady.

Credlin was the chief of staff to a former misogynistic (as famously claimed by his female opponent) prime minister. She is tough, smart, fearlessly outspoken and with a forensic mind and I am certain that had she been put in charge of the bouncer hire inquiry we would have known the truth weeks ago.
Old 19-10-2020, 01:03   #234

Boat: Fisher pilothouse sloop 32'

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondR View Post
It's hard to keep up with what goes on in Victoria, very opaque system of government, hoards of lawyers have been trying to find out who hired the bouncers for weeks now without success. I am certain it will turn out to have been the mischief making cleaning lady.

Credlin was the chief of staff to a former misogynistic (as famously claimed by his female opponent) prime minister. She is tough, smart, fearlessly outspoken and with a forensic mind and I am certain that had she been put in charge of the bouncer hire inquiry we would have known the truth weeks ago.
Cleaning lady, I cant think of a better example of a cleaning lady than Credlin.

Life is 10% the cards you are dealt, 90% how you play em
Old 19-10-2020, 02:05   #235

What I don't understand is why it's such a big deal.
Sure the virus escaped, but isn't it the same arrangement in every state; private security firms?
OK the arrangement was flawed and staff not trained appropriately, but how does that make the Premier responsible?
Why is it soooo important that Someone has to take the blame?
I agree that it is good to look at all systems and figure what works, what doesn't for next time, but I am totally over all this blame game.
Most states, and even NZ had multiple failures of their hotel quarantine systems; we had people sneaking around all over the place, scaling 4 stories using bedsheets FFS, or having a mate bring a ladder out the back so you can go get some nookie with your girlfriend on the outside...so many times that they eventually ended up leaving the ladder in the alley!
Given that the virus is so contagious that people were getting it from elevator buttons, it is just dumb luck that these dickheads didn't start outbreaks all over the country!
It is frustrating being in lockdown for so long but I am really pleased that we have achieved such a turn around.
It is understandable that people want to have a whinge about what has happened, but that, (in combination with a despicable media outlook which is mostly about setting people against each other and generating discord), is not helpful for those of us living the situation and trying to remain positive about it.
Old 19-10-2020, 05:30   #236
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Quote:
Sure the virus escaped, but isn't it the same arrangement in every state; private security firms?
OK the arrangement was flawed and staff not trained appropriately, but how does that make the Premier responsible?
Why is it soooo important that Someone has to take the blame?...
Indeed.
According to ancient tradition, two goats were sacrificed during the Jewish Day of Atonement.
One was killed, while the other received all the sins of the people on its back, and then set free.
That second animal got a special name: “the scapegoat.”

“The search for a scapegoat is the easiest of all hunting expeditions.” ~ Dwight D. Eisenhower
“I never made a mistake in my life; at least, never one that I couldn’t explain away afterwards.” ~ Rudyard Kipling

Old 19-10-2020, 09:29   #237

Here's where the problem is for dangerous Dan. It did not get loose in any of the other states and that nasty Credlin woman with her extensive knowledge of how bureaucracies work and forensic turn of mind is gradually uncovering the reasons why and forcing further investigation on the inquiry he set up to placate a subservient The Age, The Guardian, the ABC media. Not only is this woman smart and tough she appears to be also independent and refuses to join the "Dan's the man" zeitgeist.

From what she has managed to uncover it appears that whilst the relevant government department actually did some research and identified suitable contractors these were not wholly within the ideological envelope of their political masters and the advice subsequently was ignored and a properly woke contractor chosen.

Now everyone makes the odd mistake and whilst it might appear that government should run an efficient administration it is even more important that those with the correct viewpoint should rule even if in all other respects they are incompetent to do so. Hopefully someone will find a way to muzzle this terrier of the Murdoch media and we can get back to ensuring that the anarchist dog walking senior citizens and pregnant mothers are thwarted in their attempts to get loose on the streets.
Old 19-10-2020, 17:25   #238

Quote:
While RaymondR has given us an erudite response (post #237), in the interests of been succinct as mentioned further upthread, it can be distilled down to one word.

Murdoch.

However if that isn't clear enough, then it can be expanded into three words - Murdoch and politics.

Which is rather sad, it is after all first and foremost a medical issue!
Old 19-10-2020, 17:40   #239

There is another variable as well, as the workers friend, Dan legislated for prison terms for employers whose employees die as a result of work related accidents.

If Dan is tied into this mess he or his ministers may eventually end up in jail due to his own legislation.

One step worse than Nick Greiner and ICAC...
Old 19-10-2020, 18:25   #240

A scapegoat was found... Mikakos... but that just whetted the appetite....

About 800 dead ( and don't give me any of that 'but they were old anyway' rollocks ) and much of the state locked up for months.... ? I think someone has to be answerable.

I'm sure Sutton and maybe a few others will be thrown to the wolves in the next week or two but at the end of the day Andrews is captain of the ship of state.... when ships sink and lives are lost the buck stops with the captain....

And no.... I don't get my information from the Dirty Digger's yellow press.....

Meanwhile... just yesterday I was talking to someone who has been 'over the river' to Albury a few times in the last few weeks.... they say life is quite normal over there... shops open , people going about their business... it must have been like this in Berlin in 1961....

Tags
Australia