Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-11-2020, 15:34   #301
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.
Re: Australian quarantine equality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFO View Post
I run into problems similar to that when accessing "Cloudflare protected" sites whilst using a VPN. Typically I have to enter in a 5 character passcode to get through. Were you using a VPN?
No. I lost patience when it became the questions kept coming. I don't mind some questions if I am buying something from a new site but couldn't be bothered going too far down the quiz line to see their information.

Not an issue for me though, there is life OI (off internet) even if my post count on CF suggests otherwise
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Old 21-11-2020, 16:00   #302

Boat: Herreshoff 36

Good news:

After the many months of lobbying national agencies, state agencies and politicians by the OCC, Down Under Rally and a supportive senior politician, the OCC has received a letter from the Australian Border Force advising an additional exemption category to the COVID-19 inbound travel restrictions for:

“persons who reside on a vessel that seeks safe port at the closest appointed port for reprovisioning or safety reasons for a limited duration, supported by the relevant State/Territory where safe haven is sought.”

From noonsite:

https://www.noonsite.com/news/austra...ry-for-yachts/
Old 25-01-2021, 05:24   #303
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Australia may not fully reopen its international borders this year [2021], even if most of the population is vaccinated against coronavirus, the head of its health department said on Monday, as the country recorded no new local cases of COVID-19.
The country has managed the coronavirus better than many other nations through targeted lockdowns and high rates of testing and contact tracing, and reported zero local COVID-19 cases on Monday.
Australia has reported more than 22,000 local COVID-19 cases and 909 deaths since the pandemic began.
https://www.reuters.com/article/heal...-idUSL1N2JT00F

Old 25-01-2021, 12:25   #304
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36

What happens when the variants prove vaccine resistant. What’s to happen then?
Old 25-01-2021, 12:37   #305

Boat: Custom Catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goboatingnow View Post
What happens when the variants prove vaccine resistant. What’s to happen then?
The Moderna vax looks like it’s taking care of the variants but if that goes wrong and the variants continue to spread, I suspect Aus will stay locked down and the world will keep having to deal with the sh*t that it currently is...

N
Old 25-01-2021, 14:02   #306
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36

Moderna still said they will have to Re formulate to deal with variants though
Old 25-01-2021, 23:54   #307

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Denmark (Winter), Cruising North Sea and Baltic (Summer)
Boat: Cutter-Rigged Moody 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by goboatingnow View Post
Moderna still said they will have to Re formulate to deal with variants though

They said it's still effective against the variants, but they will add a booster.

If it's like that, then there is no cause for great alarm, but even more need for the vaccine.
We must have a turn together . . . . I undress . . . . hurry me out of sight of the land,
Cushion me soft . . . . rock me in billowy drowse,
Dash me with amorous wet . . . . I can repay you."
Walt Whitman
Old 26-01-2021, 00:11   #308

Boat: Westerly Sealord

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
Australia may not fully reopen its international borders this year [2021], even if most of the population is vaccinated against coronavirus, the head of its health department said on Monday, as the country recorded no new local cases of COVID-19.
The country has managed the coronavirus better than many other nations through targeted lockdowns and high rates of testing and contact tracing, and reported zero local COVID-19 cases on Monday.
Australia has reported more than 22,000 local COVID-19 cases and 909 deaths since the pandemic began.
https://www.reuters.com/article/heal...-idUSL1N2JT00F
I wouldn't pay much heed to anything the federal government says.... little as it is...
The states? The situation varies from the Hermit Kingdom in the west to poor old 'everybody hates me' Gladys here on the east coast..... in as much as I now have no real idea what the rules are here in Victoria as nothing really affects me at all... go 10 kms north and there are no masks being worn in the supermercado.... 15 kms south and everyone in the supermercado ( same chain) is masked up....
What I do know is that I can leave Australia whenever I so choose to go where-ever will let me in.... I'm good for a needle by May and Qantas are reopening international routes in July. Only box yet to tick is the 'no quarantine on return if vaccinated' box and I'm going sailing.......
Old 26-01-2021, 00:20   #309
UFO

Boat: Lagoon 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pinguino View Post
I wouldn't pay much heed to anything the federal government says.... little as it is...
The states? The situation varies from the Hermit Kingdom in the west to poor old 'everybody hates me' Gladys here on the east coast..... in as much as I now have no real idea what the rules are here in Victoria as nothing really affects me at all... go 10 kms north and there are no masks being worn in the supermercado.... 15 kms south and everyone in the supermercado ( same chain) is masked up....
What I do know is that I can leave Australia whenever I so choose to go where-ever will let me in.... I'm good for a needle by May and Qantas are reopening international routes in July. Only box yet to tick is the 'no quarantine on return if vaccinated' box and I'm going sailing.......

You heading overseas or just round Australia?

I am itching to set off, but I am waiting on seeing what is happening in Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand as well as the cyclone season to pass.
Old 26-01-2021, 00:27   #310

Boat: Westerly Sealord

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post

I am itching to set off, but I am waiting on seeing what is happening in Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand as well as the cyclone season to pass.
Foreign... want to get back to the boat in Ecuador and take her back down to Chile.
Old 26-01-2021, 00:34   #311

Boat: Outremer 55L

Quote:

Waiting for what happening? Indonesia and Thailand are open for yachts, Malaysia I don’t know.

We’re in NZ and coming over to Queensland in July, then up to the GBR for the remainder of the season. Then either Tasmania for the summer or back to NZ (depends on whether it looks like we would be able to extend the 12 month control permit or not). Next season (2022) back to Australia for the northern part of GBR, NT and Kimberley, then Indonesia.
Old 26-01-2021, 01:19   #312
UFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxykty View Post
Waiting for what happening? Indonesia and Thailand are open for yachts, Malaysia I don’t know.

We’re in NZ and coming over to Queensland in July, then up to the GBR for the remainder of the season. Then either Tasmania for the summer or back to NZ (depends on whether it looks like we would be able to extend the 12 month control permit or not). Next season (2022) back to Australia for the northern part of GBR, NT and Kimberley, then Indonesia.

Open with major caveats, I am seeing if restrictions ease and I am also waiting for Cyclone season to end

Indonesia:

COVID-19 CORONAVIRUS RESTRICTIONS:
12 January, 2020: CLOSED
Indonesia has extended the ban on entry of foreign nationals until 28th January 2021.

Thailand:
https://www.noonsite.com/report/thai...-tourist-visa/

Malaysia

December 29, 2020: OPEN WITH CONDITIONAL ENTRY APPROVAL REQUIRED
  • It is now possible for foreign yachts to enter Malaysia ONLY for Maintenance, Repair & Overhaul (MRO) activities (to rejuvenate the local economy) – see details below under December 16th.
  • It will cost a minimum of USD $2,000 or slightly more, for a monohull or catamaran with 2 crews onboard to enter Malaysia at this time.
Old 26-01-2021, 01:53   #313

Boat: Outbound 44

Quote:
Open with major caveats, I am seeing if restrictions ease and I am also waiting for Cyclone season to end

Indonesia:

COVID-19 CORONAVIRUS RESTRICTIONS:
12 January, 2020: CLOSED
Indonesia has extended the ban on entry of foreign nationals until 28th January 2021.

Thailand:
https://www.noonsite.com/report/thai...-tourist-visa/

Malaysia

December 29, 2020: OPEN WITH CONDITIONAL ENTRY APPROVAL REQUIRED
  • It is now possible for foreign yachts to enter Malaysia ONLY for Maintenance, Repair & Overhaul (MRO) activities (to rejuvenate the local economy) – see details below under December 16th.
  • It will cost a minimum of USD $2,000 or slightly more, for a monohull or catamaran with 2 crews onboard to enter Malaysia at this time.
Malaysia, after your quarantine and work done in a yard, you are free to sail around the state you are in. Currently it is difficult to travel inter-state.

As I understand it Thailand is shut again. When it was recently open it cost about usd$2400 for a boat and one crew to enter.

As you noted, Indo is closed again.
Old 26-01-2021, 02:07   #314
UFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
Malaysia, after your quarantine and work done in a yard, you are free to sail around the state you are in. Currently it is difficult to travel inter-state.

As I understand it Thailand is shut again. When it was recently open it cost about usd$2400 for a boat and one crew to enter.

As you noted, Indo is closed again.

So for Malaysia is that $2000 minimum for boat maintenance or is that $2000 Visa and then boat maintenance?
Old 26-01-2021, 02:47   #315

Boat: Outbound 44

Quote:
So for Malaysia is that $2000 minimum for boat maintenance or is that $2000 Visa and then boat maintenance?
I just completed 14 day quarantine in Malaysia with costs around usd3k for the two of us. For coming with a boat, it is a little different as that is just opening up. You take your boat to a marina that is setup for quarantining after you get entry permission. Stay on the quarantine dock for specified period. 7 or 10 days depending on if you have a recent negative PCR test. You pay the marina for the berth. You pay the government for testing and a fixed monitoring fee of about usd$5 or 600 a person.
I don't believe there is any specific minimum on the maintenance work. When you apply you will state where and what you will be doing. If it doesn't come across as reasonable for the locals you won't get entry permission.

I am currently at the Royal Langkawi Yacht Club,. They have recently moved boats off the end of E dock to make it their quarantine dock. They have there first quarantine boat coming in from Sumatra in a few days,

Tags
Australia