Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > COVID-19 | Containment Area
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-10-2020, 03:13   #91

Re: Australian quarantine equality?

Hello and goodby to CF. I registered as a poster and a contributer a couple of days ago to this forum. I had been reading to contributions for a number of years before joining and whilst I found that some of the posters were quite abrasive and rude I at least found some interesting and knowledgeable contributions. My expectations the contributions would be civil and respectful have been shattered with the contributions on this on this forum. I have not yet established how I deregister myself from the Cruisers Forum but I will work on it. Some will no doubt say he has taken his bat and ball and sulked off, so be it. I have now come to the conclusion that this forum is not somethine I need to spend my later years getting upset about. I thank whoever runs the Cruisers Forum for letting me to participate in the forum albeit only a couple of days and wish you and all the posters the best.

Bruce Morley SY Tui of Opua

Bruce
Old 04-10-2020, 03:37   #92

Boat: Catalina 470

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhalla360 View Post
He's made it abundantly clear, he is not interested in figuring out a solution and doesn't care about the potential future effects if he makes life difficult on the officials.

Me, I would play nice if I had any hope to get the quarantine stopped sooner and then save complaints for after I am clear of their power.

The local troops may support him now but if the higher levels come down on the local troops, they may change their tune.
I have made no such thing clear, please stop making things up, your interpretations or misrepresentation of what I have said isnt appreciated.
Old 04-10-2020, 03:48   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Morley View Post
Hello and goodby to CF. I registered as a poster and a contributer a couple of days ago to this forum. I had been reading to contributions for a number of years before joining and whilst I found that some of the posters were quite abrasive and rude I at least found some interesting and knowledgeable contributions. My expectations the contributions would be civil and respectful have been shattered with the contributions on this on this forum. I have not yet established how I deregister myself from the Cruisers Forum but I will work on it. Some will no doubt say he has taken his bat and ball and sulked off, so be it. I have now come to the conclusion that this forum is not somethine I need to spend my later years getting upset about. I thank whoever runs the Cruisers Forum for letting me to participate in the forum albeit only a couple of days and wish you and all the posters the best.

Bruce Morley SY Tui of Opua

Bruce
Hi Bruce, yes it can be a little aggressive and disrespectful here at times, its unfortunate, I must admit unfortunately I at times contribute to it as well.

If you can get passed that theres alot of good stuff also.

Cheers Dale.
Old 04-10-2020, 13:44   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotname View Post

All in all, I really hope you will be able to prove me wrong!!
Well after 5 days and much noise we recieved emails last night granting us excemption, heading back to Sukha this morning.
Old 04-10-2020, 13:47   #95

Boat: Milkraft 60 ex trawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by daletournier View Post
Well after 5 days and much noise we recieved emails last night granting us excemption, heading back to Sukha this morning.
Well done.
Here's hoping you get reimbursed for your outgoings as well.
Old 04-10-2020, 14:00   #96

Quote:
Good news. Hopefully the folks responsible are developing policy so that all this is handled better as things go forward into the future. Sorry you had to be on the front lines...
Old 04-10-2020, 14:01   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simi 60 View Post
Well done.
Yep, that's the next fight.

I can apply for an excemption, if you had committed plans to return home prior to June 17th (when the fees were introduced).

I have correspondence via email with the the Australian consult in Panama (march) proving our plans to return home , she was trying to organize fuel and provisioning stops for Australian vessels when it was unknown if we could pull in anywhere. I'm hopeing this will be proof enough, a yacht dosent travel at the speed of a 747.

Friends arrived today, 59 days at sea, they applied for a Quarantine excemption 2 mths ago. They recieved an email whilst at sea (which they didnt get of course) asking them if they still want the excemption, reply within ex amount of days or application will be canceled!!!

It will interesting to see how this one goes.
Old 04-10-2020, 14:03   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simi 60 View Post
Well done.
And thanks.
Old 04-10-2020, 14:05   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
Good news. Hopefully the folks responsible are developing policy so that all this is handled better as things go forward into the future. Sorry you had to be on the front lines...
New Zealand put out there policy very clearly the other day, a common sense workable policy.....it can be done.COVID-19_Guidance_for_small_craft_and_yacht_arrivals_in_NZ.pdf
Old 04-10-2020, 14:07   #100

Quote:
Hey, that's fantastic. Great news.
Old 04-10-2020, 14:12   #101

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop

Eleven posts that were political and off topic in nature have been deleted from the thread. There are other places where you guys can talk politics, but CF isn't it!

It really looks as if Dale's perseverance, and the good people he worked with from CBF, et al, were able to work it out for him. Good on them all.

Ann
Old 04-10-2020, 14:54   #102
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

Quote:
Excellent news and well done; a very interesting end to a circumnavigation

But no more room service.....

And yes, it feels good to me to have my negative opinion proved wrong .
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Old 04-10-2020, 15:58   #103

Boat: Jon Sayer 1-off 46 ft fract rig sloop strip plank in W Red Cedar

Well played, Dale!!!

And it goes to show that you can indeed fight city hall... but it takes a cool approach, some humility, perseverance, and then some more perseverance and over all, perseverance.

It will be very interesting to see if your efforts have wider spread benefits, Dale. If so, there may well be a statue erected in your honor!

Jim
Old 04-10-2020, 16:10   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cate View Post
Well played, Dale!!!

And it goes to show that you can indeed fight city hall... but it takes a cool approach, some humility, perseverance, and then some more perseverance and over all, perseverance.

It will be very interesting to see if your efforts have wider spread benefits, Dale. If so, there may well be a statue erected in your honor!

Jim
Lol.....thanks Jim & everyone else.

The officials, particularly the Police here were awesome, they really are doing their best to get a consistent protocol in place, they dont have the power.

Not once were we abusive or rude to officials, whether that was in person, email or phone BUT we were very persistent as well as very clear about the inconsistency and our displeasure. Every email that we sent had many people cc'd into them including media and mp's, we made sure every waking hour there was noise being made......was this the reason for the early escape? I dont know, and probably will never know.
Old 04-10-2020, 16:22   #105
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

Quote:
Lol.....thanks Jim & everyone else.

The officials, particularly the Police here were awesome, they really are doing their best to get a consistent protocol in place, they dont have the power.

Not once were we abusive or rude to officials, whether that was in person, email or phone BUT we were very persistent as well as very clear about the inconsistency and our displeasure. Every email that we sent had many people cc'd into them including media and mp's, we made sure every waking hour there was noise being made......was this the reason for the early escape? I dont know, and probably will never know.
What we do know (almost for certain) is that if you had kept quiet,, you would be still enjoying room service now and for the remainder of the QF (quazzie fortnight)
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence

Tags
Australia