Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-09-2020, 07:13   #1

BVI USVI bubble?

We are trying to confirm what the rules are for a possible charter trip we are considering. Right now to fly to the USVI you need a Covid test within the past 4 days. Great no problem, but then we take the ferry over to Tortola and again provide our recent Covid19 test again no problem. Then after 7-10 day charter (in December after they open back up) we take the ferry back to the USVI, I’m assuming we have to get tested again before we come back into the territory? I’m not able to find out anything online so just curious if someone here might have firsthand knowledge as to what the situation is down there? I realize the situation is fluid and changing rapidly so as soon as a response is typed it’s probably obsolete.
Old 26-09-2020, 08:28   #2

Re: BVI USVI bubble?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol1970 View Post
We are trying to confirm what the rules are for a possible charter trip we are considering. Right now to fly to the USVI you need a Covid test within the past 4 days. Great no problem, but then we take the ferry over to Tortola and again provide our recent Covid19 test again no problem. Then after 7-10 day charter (in December after they open back up) we take the ferry back to the USVI, I’m assuming we have to get tested again before we come back into the territory? I’m not able to find out anything online so just curious if someone here might have firsthand knowledge as to what the situation is down there? I realize the situation is fluid and changing rapidly so as soon as a response is typed it’s probably obsolete.
Whatever the rules are now, they're almost certain to be different in Dec. Imagine forecasting what the situation would be today in June!
Old 28-09-2020, 06:23   #3
Marine Service Provider

Send a message via Skype™ to BVI Yacht Sales Ltd.

I don't believe that the Government of the BVI have released their guidelines for entry for tourists yet, so any advice at the moment will be speculation, the only confirmed aspect is that our borders are reopening on December 1st.
The best place for news on our reopening would be to check in on the Facebook page "government of the virgin islands" every now and again, as that is where all announcements are posted!
Old 28-09-2020, 06:34   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVI Yacht Sales Ltd. View Post
I don't believe that the Government of the BVI have released their guidelines for entry for tourists yet, so any advice at the moment will be speculation, the only confirmed aspect is that our borders are reopening on December 1st.
The best place for news on our reopening would be to check in on the Facebook page "government of the virgin islands" every now and again, as that is where all announcements are posted!
Perfect, thank you for your response! This is exactly the info I was looking for (or at least where to find the info that is).
Old 07-10-2020, 07:20   #5
Marine Service Provider

Send a message via Skype™ to BVI Yacht Sales Ltd.

You can find the entry requirements currently being discussed here: https://www.284media.com/local/2020/..._rnJtEKBkFtaMk

Tags
BVI