Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 2.50 average. Display Modes
Old 19-07-2021, 15:43   #2146

Boat: Bavaria Vision 42
Re: Canadian COVID-19 News

Yes, those are the current requirements on the website. Here is a link to the original article with a little more detail.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/ott...ning-1.6107988
Old 19-07-2021, 16:10   #2147

Boat: Ian Ross design ketch 63'

Just my reaction to the August 9th opening!
Old 19-07-2021, 17:12   #2148

Boat: 1992 lagoon 42 tpi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike OReilly View Post
That's because it's all blowing my way . Here in southern Alberta, I'm looking across a small lake, and it is like peering through a thick fog.
Pretty thick up here by edmonton too. At least it doesnt come with the smoke taste this year.
When fort mac went up, you couldnt be outside for more than a couple hours before developing a severe cough.
Old 20-07-2021, 00:07   #2149
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36
Canadian COVID-19 News

So even after 9 Aug if vaccinated you still need a pcr test ? That’s seems strange, in Europe once vaccinated there are no travel restrictions
Old 20-07-2021, 13:37   #2150

“As a first step, starting August 9, 2021, Canada plans to begin allowing entry to American citizens and permanent residents, who are currently residing in the United States, and have been fully vaccinated at least 14 days prior to entering Canada for non-essential travel,” according to a statement. “This preliminary step allows for the Government of Canada to fully operationalize the adjusted border measures ahead of September 7, 2021, and recognizes the many close ties between Canadians and Americans.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/suzanne...h=7cf14bb86174

To enter Canada, travelers must use the government’s ArriveCAN “vaccine passport” app, which allows travelers to upload passport information as well as Covid-19 vaccination records and PCR test results. Fully vaccinated residents of other countries will be able to enter Canada beginning September 7, “provided that Canada’s Covid-19 epidemiology remains favorable.” Americans who have received two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine must upload a photo of their vaccination record or enter the information manually. They will also be required to upload a negative result from a PCR Covid-19 test taken within 72 hours of flight departure or arrival at a land crossing.

It is unclear when the United States will allow Canadians to enter across the land border for nonessential travel. It is also not clear when unvaccinated and partially vaccinated U.S. residents will be able to visit Canada.

Officials said the 14-day quarantine requirement will be waived as of Aug. 9 for eligible travelers who are currently residing in the United States and have received a full course of a COVID-19 vaccine approved for use in Canada.

Canadian officials also announced that children who aren't vaccinated but are travelling with vaccinated parents won't have to quarantine, but will have to avoid group activities including schools and daycare centers.
Old 20-07-2021, 13:40   #2151

Boat: Hunter 386

The twist!

Border reopening plan facing roadblock as thousands of border officials consider strike action.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/cbs...rder-1.6108358

This's better than a suspense film!
Old 20-07-2021, 21:52   #2152

Boat: Custom steel, 41' LOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by goboatingnow View Post
So even after 9 Aug if vaccinated you still need a pcr test ? That’s seems strange, in Europe once vaccinated there are no travel restrictions
To catch liars and forgers?
Old 21-07-2021, 04:09   #2153

https://torontosun.com/news/local-ne...-set-to-reopen

Interesting that Toronto business owners are protecting their workers and patrons more than gov is protecting teachers and students.
Old 21-07-2021, 07:21   #2154
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

The U.S. land border will remain closed to non-essential travel until at least Aug. 21, according to a renewal order issued by the American government Wednesday.

In a notice pre-published in the U.S. Federal Register, the government says while vaccination rates have improved, opening the land border to non-essential travel still poses too high a risk.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/can...rder-1.6110800

Old 21-07-2021, 07:48   #2155

Boat: Hunter 386

Re August 9... this isn't definitive, but it looks like the CBSA might make an announcement about marine visitors before the 9th:

https://www.cheknews.ca/vancouver-is...e-open-848154/
Old 21-07-2021, 08:13   #2156

Boat: Rafiki 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifax Sailor View Post
https://torontosun.com/news/local-ne...-set-to-reopen

Interesting that Toronto business owners are protecting their workers and patrons more than gov is protecting teachers and students.
"No shot, no peelers!"

Geese, this might just be the push some "hesitant" folk need .

BTW, has anyone read what verification documentation will be accepted by the CBSA for Americans crossing the border? Given the nature of the US healthcare system, it's going to be rather hard to have a verifiable source.
Old 21-07-2021, 09:10   #2157

I have a laminated CDC card which will be fine. All people vaccinated in the USA have them...better documentation than what our provinces are doing imo.
Old 21-07-2021, 18:32   #2158

Boat: Rafiki 37

New Angus-Reid survey on Covid-19 vaccine state in Canada:

Key findings:
  • One-in-five hesitant in Alberta, twice national average
  • Three-in-ten Canadians say they are more anxious than excited about returning to their pre-pandemic activities. This rises to 38 per cent among those over the age of 64
  • Nearly two-thirds of those aged 18-34 say that as long as they are personally protected through vaccination they’ll socialize with unvaccinated people. Canadians 65 years of age and older are more likely to say that they will avoid people who aren’t vaccinated
  • 85 per cent of vaccinated Canadians say that they felt some level of side effects from their COVID-19 vaccine. That said, those who say they had severe side effects doubled for second doses compared to first (15% to 8% respectively)
  • Two-thirds of Canadians (67%) say that they support vaccine passports for large events in their province. Despite opposition from Premiers Doug Ford and Jason Kenney, a majority in Ontario (69%) and Alberta (52%) agree
Old 23-07-2021, 10:59   #2159

Boat: Beneteau/343

I guess this is the big question, but will I (American citizen) be able to legally sail from Bellingham to somewhere in BC starting Aug 9? Would we be able to return before Aug 21?

I, and my sailing buddies, are fully vaccinated and happy to show our cards.

It sounds like Canada will be open but I’m not sure I understand what is happening on the US side.
Old 23-07-2021, 16:28   #2160

Boat: Bavaria Vision 42

As always the devil is in the details, very few of which are now known. I believe that everything known now is in posts 2146 - the link - and 2150. Stay tuned as they say.