Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 2.50 average. Display Modes
Old 13-09-2021, 22:01   #2371

Boat: Rafiki 37
Re: Canadian COVID-19 News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu Jackson View Post
...Denial in this case is not only threatening their lives, it's threatening mine. That's why it is so absurd.
And THIS is the real point. I'm a libertarian when it comes to personal action. As long as the consequences fall solely, or even largely, on the individual making the choice, then I say: Fill Your Boots. Do whatever the heck you want.

But when your choices affect the lives of others in potentially severe and profound ways, then this kind of selfish behaviour should not -- has never been -- tolerate in a "civilized world."

As Mac says, back to more adult discussion (and I will stop responding to Greg ... sorry for contributing to the dung heap). Yes, in Alberta we've had to cancel all day-surgeries and almost all electives, because the ERs and ICUs are filling up with the unvaccinated.

Meanwhile, we have whinny little children protesting in front of these same hospitals, blocking critical-care patients from getting in, and further demoralizing the over-worked healthcare staff -- the same people who will be looking after many of these same covidiots when they get sick from this now nearly preventable disease.

More Albertans are in ICU with COVID-19 than ever — and it's expected to get worse

Old 14-09-2021, 08:48   #2372

Boat: Bavaria Vision 42

Out-of-province Canadians will need a "provincially recognized official vaccine record" plus a piece of official ID. People from the USA (or elsewhere) will need the same documentation that they used to enter the country.

I thought BC was beginning to lose control when the weekend case numbers were released, until I saw the Alberta case numbers from the same weekend. And over 800 in hospital, almost three times the number in BC! This is the reference for the vaccine card

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...t-bc-1.6166052
Old 14-09-2021, 10:05   #2373

Quote:
Originally Posted by desodave View Post
I thought BC was beginning to lose control when the weekend case numbers were released, until I saw the Alberta case numbers from the same weekend. And over 800 in hospital, almost three times the number in BC!
Yes indeed, Alberta is once more leading the country in infection rates, and hospitalizations/ICU. Saskatchewan, which has taken a similar policy approach to the pandemic, is close behind. Is anyone surprised?

https://health-infobase.canada.ca/co...ast7&map=pt#a2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 11.01.55 .jpg
Views:	75
Size:	331.9 KB
ID:	245329  
Old 14-09-2021, 11:54   #2374

Boat: Custom steel, 41' LOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg K View Post
Mike, in case you have forgotten, in a civilized world if you do not agree with another's opinion or perspective in the public sphere, you can always challenge it as, indeed, I have regularly done here and elsewhere. That is how a civilized society deals with such issues. A pandemic does not justify changing that. There will always be another pandemic or war or a disaster on which people have different perspectives. If we silence the opinion of others we disagree with and ban their participation in public discourse, we will no longer be a civilized, open society, perhaps ever again. You and others who want to silence contrarian voices on the basis that such speech is a dangerous influence need to look at the bigger picture. You really are on a slippery slope here whether you know it or not.

As for your question, I do not think it is possible to have any takeaway from the brief information in the links you provided except, perhaps, that insurers like many other companies are now virtue signaling that they are doing their part to coerce those unwilling to be vaccinated. In general, I think we can all agree, that insurance companies are scum and will discriminate against unprofitable customers whenever the law allows it.
Much of the above is true . . . BUT:
If you spout non-truthes as if they are facts then you cross the line. I'm confident you sincerely believe what you say but much of it runs contrary to the findings of serious scientific research and verification, and therefore the vast majority of us discount it 100%. Unfortunately a percentage of the few who follow your logic and advice will end up seriously ill in the very hospitals you and your ilk are outside of protesting - and some will needlessly die at great public expense. Darwin strikes again.

I see you are in Spain. I know this question has been asked of you before but I've not seen an answer from you: Are you Canadian? If not GET OFF THIS THREAD! There are other threads probably much more willing to tolerate your nonsense. Or perhaps you are just enjoying the noteriety and being a s**t disturber? On this thread you get the spotlight. On others you might be just one of the crowd. Your behavior reminds me of a child who misbehaves simply to get his parents' attention. GROW UP! Thank you.
Old 15-09-2021, 03:05   #2375
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Emergent to make Calgary-based Providence Therapeutics' potential COVID-19 vaccine

Emergent BioSolutions Inc. signed a five-year agreement, with Calgary-based biotechnology company Providence Therapeutics, to develop and manufacture its mRNA COVID-19 vaccine candidate, for about $90 million.

Emergent will produce drug substances for Providence's vaccine candidate, PTX-COVID19-B, as well as provide services for finished products, such as filling the vaccine in vials, at its Winnipeg facility.

Providence's vaccine is currently being tested, in a Phase 2 Human Clinical trial, in Canada.

More ➥ https://providencetherapeutics.com/a...covid19-b.html

PTX-COVID19-B ➥ https://providencetherapeutics.com/

Old 15-09-2021, 06:18   #2376

Boat: Morgan Out Island 415

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike OReilly View Post
So, your health insurance companies don't take into account your current health status? I know any travel insurance I've bought certainly goes through my health history. The answers certainly affect my premium.

I don't recall if there are questions about weight. If not, then I would conclude it's not a significant risk factor. Unless these companies are legally precluded from factoring in this point, this would make them poor businesses.
There's not enough skinny people in America to justify the extra work involved in a two tier pricing structure...
Old 15-09-2021, 08:50   #2377

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwedeking2 View Post
There's not enough skinny people in America to justify the extra work involved in a two tier pricing structure...

When the abnormal becomes the norm... [emoji6].
Old 15-09-2021, 09:04   #2378

Boat: Bavaria Vision 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
Emergent to make Calgary-based Providence Therapeutics' potential COVID-19 vaccine

Emergent BioSolutions Inc. signed a five-year agreement, with Calgary-based biotechnology company Providence Therapeutics, to develop and manufacture its mRNA COVID-19 vaccine candidate, for about $90 million.

Emergent will produce drug substances for Providence's vaccine candidate, PTX-COVID19-B, as well as provide services for finished products, such as filling the vaccine in vials, at its Winnipeg facility.

Providence's vaccine is currently being tested, in a Phase 2 Human Clinical trial, in Canada.

More ➥ https://providencetherapeutics.com/a...covid19-b.html

PTX-COVID19-B ➥ https://providencetherapeutics.com/

Not sure that this is anything to cheer about. Emergent has been under serious fire in the US re their record;

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/16/u...d-vaccine.html

https://abcnews.go.com/US/emergent-b...ry?id=77403063
Old 15-09-2021, 09:29   #2379

Boat: Lagoon 400S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by deblen View Post
Fake news and retracted next day on push by the medical institutes, but propaganda works obviously.
Old 15-09-2021, 09:34   #2380

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv_pelagia View Post
A neighbour/friend of ours is an ER nurse, and sees MANY COVID-19 patients. She surprised us the other day by stating that if ventilators etc become scarce again, non-vaxxed folks WILL be triaged such that they do not get the max treatment, simply because in choosing between a non-vax and vax COVID-19 patient, the patient who has been vaccinated has the better chance of survival and thus gets the scarce treatment.

Makes sense.
If vax really works, they dont need ventillators. Let the vax do its magic.
Old 15-09-2021, 09:39   #2381

Boat: Hunter 386

Do you ever get the feeling that some posters here on CF are like olde-tymey Snake Oil salesman, traveling from thread to thread hawking their wares and completely unconcerned with the actual content of their concoctions?

Old 15-09-2021, 09:45   #2382

Boat: Custom steel, 41' LOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macblaze View Post
Do you ever get the feeling that some posters here on CF are like olde-tymey Snake Oil salesman, traveling from thread to thread hawking their wares and completely unconcerned with the actual content of their concoctions?

Yup. And certainly not just here. There are quite a few slimy people in this world that will push ANYTHING, regardless of the consequences or harm done, just to make a buck. Many of the anti-vaxxers' prescriptions for Covid cures, etc. have originated with just such people.
Old 15-09-2021, 09:46   #2383

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
Youngest residents now account for largest share of new COVID-19 cases in Manitoba
Provincial data shows cases among ages 0-18 make up more than 1/3 of all cases since mid-June.
Of the 4,283 cases recorded, between June 13 and Aug. 28, 1,554 were between the ages of 0 and 18, though only 17 ended up in hospital, and none needed admission to an intensive care unit.
Part of the reason for this shift is rising vaccination rates, among eligible Manitobans.
Another reason is the fact that household contacts of known cases are advised to get tested, even if they are asymptomatic, and not very sick.
https://www.gov.mb.ca/health/publich...-19/index.html
It is always the next target group of the cattle to be shot that "drives the numbers", isn't it?
Old 15-09-2021, 09:47   #2384

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macblaze View Post

Yup.... It looks like the 'anti' brigade has found this little corner of Covid sanity. My advice (which I will try and take) is, just ignore them. Don't respond. They will eventually scuttle away.
Old 15-09-2021, 10:04   #2385

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbinbi View Post
I am not Canadian, US, and very libertarian. But I believe 1, choices have consequences, 2, if you want to live in society, then you have to subjugate some of your liberties.

We don't have nationalised health. But I think at this point a proclamation should be made that if your aren't vaccinated and your have to be hospitalized, then insurance doesn't party. You pay for it yourself. This might get more people to get vaccinated?¡

Why should I have to pay (yes my insurance rates go up to cover your hospital stay) when you can reduce the cost by getting a vaccine.

Or is this idea too severe?
Isn't it the idea of an isurance to spread the risks on the subscribers? Why should a vaccinated person get covert by payments of unvaccinated subscribers, why would a vaccinated need at all insurance coverage for Covid?