Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 2.50 average. Display Modes
Old 10-11-2021, 03:56   #3076

Re: Vaxxed 80% more likely to die than unvaxxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by longjonsilver View Post
Just in and this is big:

The vaxxed are 1.8 times more likely to die than the unvaxxed:

XXXXXXXX

The source is UK statistics and the data is for the 8 weeks ending Sept 24

XXXXXXXXX

Those that got 2 doses of the vax were more likely to die than those that only got one.

Data set is huge - people 10-59 years of age, 17 million vaxxed and 7 million unvaxxed.

Check it out for yourself
jon

i just tried thelinks in my post and you might have to add the unhighlighted sections to get the link to work

Posting links to a home made website that has the following at the bottom;

Quote:
Am I missing something? If this is correct, which it looks like it probably is, then it should set off serious alarm bells! This is the smoking gun of all smoking guns… the numbers are in, here they are.

This isn't proof of anything. It's made up bovine scatology.

If you have real proof of this made up drivel, please post it but stop spreading lies!!!
Old 10-11-2021, 07:12   #3077

Boat: Hunter 386

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaClyDog View Post
Posting links to a home made website that has the following at the bottom;

This isn't proof of anything. It's made up bovine scatology.
Come on...you don't trust virology statistics that come from www.investmentwatchblog.com? They tell me those financial guy are on the ball and he's a blogger so not tied to any big investment firms!!

Old 10-11-2021, 07:38   #3078

Boat: J/88
Re: Canadian COVID-19 News

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...care-covid-19/

Though I understand where the people who choose not to be vaccinated are coming from, I do think they should be paying whatever costs arise from their decision. This leads there but I cannot imagine where this slippery slope would lead us in Canada. Would you have to prove that your lung cancer did not arise because you smoked? Would you have to prove the levels of physical activity you engaged in prior to being treated for a heart attack?
Old 10-11-2021, 07:53   #3079

Boat: Sundowner Tug 30

Quote:
Just in and this is big:

https://www.investmentwatchblog.com/...unvaccinated-d
eath-rate-in-sept-2021-uk-office-for-national-statistics/

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat.../deaths/datase
ts/deathsbyvaccinationstatusengland

Those that got 2 doses of the vax were more likely to die than those that only got one.

Data set is huge - people 10-59 years of age, 17 million vaxxed and 7 million unvaxxed.

jon

i just tried thelinks in my post and you might have to add the unhighlighted sections to get the link to work
Sigh...

The first sentence in the first link you provided states, "This is for all types of death, not just covid deaths".

Using your sample size, 17 million vaccinated vs 7 million unvaccinated, the number of deaths (from all causes) in the vaccinated group should be over twice that of the unvaccinated group.

Looks to me like the unvaccinated are dying off at a much greater rate than the vaccinated. I wonder what might be causing such an effect?
Old 10-11-2021, 08:13   #3080

Boat: Sceptre 41

Quote:
Just in and this is big:

https://www.investmentwatchblog.com/...unvaccinated-d
eath-rate-in-sept-2021-uk-office-for-national-statistics/

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat.../deaths/datase
ts/deathsbyvaccinationstatusengland

jon

Garbage.

(and given the vaccinated in UK were mostly very old and frail, especially early on, of course they show a higher death rate... doh!)

But to another point:
This thread is about Covid-19 in Canada! If you want to make a point, be sure to consider Canadian data.

FYI, Canadian data contradicts your anti-vax claims. For example (from the BC CDC):
Click image for larger version

Name:	SmartSelect_20211110-081047_Xodo%20Docs.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	248055
Old 10-11-2021, 08:14   #3081

Boat: Rafiki 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by danstanford View Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...care-covid-19/

Though I understand where the people who choose not to be vaccinated are coming from, I do think they should be paying whatever costs arise from their decision. This leads there but I cannot imagine where this slippery slope would lead us in Canada. Would you have to prove that your lung cancer did not arise because you smoked? Would you have to prove the levels of physical activity you engaged in prior to being treated for a heart attack?
I'm a strong advocate for Covid-19 vaccination. I'm OK with making the unvaccinated pay for such things as their own regular testing (in lieu of vaccination). But I think withholding needed medical services* is a slope too slippery.

(* Making the individual pay is equivalent to withholding service for people who are not rich.)

As you point out Dan, there are too many lifestyle choices which can lead to better, or worse, health outcomes. Heck, sailing off towards the horizon brings with it certain self-inflicted risks. In this way of thinking, it's not much of a leap to say cruisers should not be covered by public health insurance.

No... although it grinds my gears to see all the unnecessary infections, and it pisses me off that public resources are being needlessly squandered, I still think this Singapore approach presents too much danger to a free society.
Old 10-11-2021, 08:35   #3082

Cigarette smokers pay a heavy tax which in theory goes toward their health care needs later. Newfoundland and Labrador recently started taxing sugary drinks for much the same reason.

In the Canadian context I can't see a way of taxing the unvaccinated to help pay for their increased health care needs.

After a 1 minute solution searching deep dive on this issue, how about we stick Atco trailers in hospital parking lots and equip them for Covid-19 patient care.

This would free up beds in hospitals so they can begin to catch up on all the surgeries and medical procedures cancelled or postponed because of unvaccinated people clogging the system.

Afterwards, the extra staff can be absorbed into the hospitals where staffing seems to always be tight. Mandatory overtime sucks.
Old 10-11-2021, 10:01   #3083

Boat: J/88

Quote:
Originally Posted by N Coast Murray View Post
Cigarette smokers pay a heavy tax which in theory goes toward their health care needs later. Newfoundland and Labrador recently started taxing sugary drinks for much the same reason.

In the Canadian context I can't see a way of taxing the unvaccinated to help pay for their increased health care needs.

After a 1 minute solution searching deep dive on this issue, how about we stick Atco trailers in hospital parking lots and equip them for Covid-19 patient care.

This would free up beds in hospitals so they can begin to catch up on all the surgeries and medical procedures cancelled or postponed because of unvaccinated people clogging the system.

Afterwards, the extra staff can be absorbed into the hospitals where staffing seems to always be tight. Mandatory overtime sucks.
There is no way taxes on cigarettes will ever pay for the cost of lung cancer treatments in our system. Further, at least in Ontario, a vast number of people are buying their cigarettes from Aboriginal sources and paying zero tax on the cigarettes.
Old 10-11-2021, 10:14   #3084

Quote:

Afterwards, the extra staff can be absorbed into the hospitals where staffing seems to always be tight.

Isn't that a self-contradictory statement?
Catalina 34 #224 (1986) C34IA Secretary
Cowichan Bay, BC, SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)
Old 10-11-2021, 11:35   #3085

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu Jackson View Post
Isn't that a self-contradictory statement?
No, because the proposed two tier second class citizen Atco trailer parking lot Covid wards, and the staff needed to work in them, don't exist yet.
Old 10-11-2021, 11:36   #3086

Quote:
Originally Posted by danstanford View Post
There is no way taxes on cigarettes will ever pay for the cost of lung cancer treatments in our system. Further, at least in Ontario, a vast number of people are buying their cigarettes from Aboriginal sources and paying zero tax on the cigarettes.
I said "go toward" not fund fully.
Old 10-11-2021, 11:53   #3087

Boat: Custom steel, 41' LOD

Quote:

Afterwards, the extra staff can be absorbed into the hospitals where staffing seem to always be tight. Mandatory overtime sucks.
China did exactly that (with their version of Atco trailers) in Wuhqn right at the beginning of the pandemic and added THOUSANDS of beds to their health care capacity within a matter of weeks - and the US and others have also set up temporary hospitals to deal with surges. However lack of qualified staff is a huge constraint on any of these solutions - whatever way you slice it.
Old 10-11-2021, 12:16   #3088

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
China did exactly that (with their version of Atco trailers) in Wuhqn right at the beginning of the pandemic and added THOUSANDS of beds to their health care capacity within a matter of weeks - and the US and others have also set up temporary hospitals to deal with surges. However lack of qualified staff is a huge constraint on any of these solutions - whatever way you slice it.
And don't forget welding shut doors to high rise apartment buildings!

Yup...staffing would be hard.

As far as pandemics go, this one had been easy on us. It could have had a 25% or more mortality rate, or been similar to a seal colony I saw where they had huge, bulging, blood shot eyes and long tendrils of bloody snot hanging from their noses.
Old 10-11-2021, 12:47   #3089

Boat: Custom steel, 41' LOD

Quote:
And don't forget welding shut doors to high rise apartment buildings!

Yup...staffing would be hard.

As far as pandemics go, this one had been easy on us. It could have had a 25% or more mortality rate, or been similar to a seal colony I saw where they had huge, bulging, blood shot eyes and long tendrils of bloody snot hanging from their noses.
The original SARS, Ebola, and a few others are worse but the international community was able to jump on them quickly and keep them contained. Unfortunately Covid-19 originated in China and the rest of us knew little or nothing about it before it had spread around the world via tourism, etc. (Thailand was receiving 35 THOUSAND Chinese tourists A DAY in January of 2020. I know. I was there. I was SO fortunate to get out unscathed).
Old 10-11-2021, 12:57   #3090

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
The original SARS, Ebola, and a few others are worse but the international community was able to jump on them quickly and keep them contained. Unfortunately Covid-19 originated in China and the rest of us knew little or nothing about it before it had spread around the world via tourism, etc. (Thailand was receiving 35 THOUSAND Chinese tourists A DAY in January of 2020. I know. I was there. I was SO fortunate to get out unscathed).
SARS and Ebola can be spread person to person, but not as easily as Covid-19...that's the reason for it reaching such pandemic proportions. Maybe later I'll look up their R0 numbers compared to Covid-19.