Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 2.50 average. Display Modes
Old 02-12-2021, 17:55   #3151
cruiser

Re: Canadian COVID-19 News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike OReilly View Post
Yes, modified vaccines fall under a different category and approach in the approval process. I don't recall all the details, but they don't require the full-scale Stage I, II and III trials that new drugs or vaccines must undergo because they are considered modifications to an already-approved item. So it can happen a lot quicker.

But the mRNA technology should allow us to be far more targeted, and should allow us to much quicker.
Hey Mike I am just wondering about the sheer volume of your covid postings .
It must be a real passion for you.
I respect you Sir .
Old 02-12-2021, 18:27   #3152

Boat: Rafiki 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomShangPen View Post
Hey Mike I am just wondering about the sheer volume of your covid postings .
It must be a real passion for you.
I respect you Sir .
Proportionally, I have nothing close to your record. 100% of your posts have been Covid-19 related.

I look forward to hearing about your boat, and your cruising grounds, your experiences and travels.
Old 03-12-2021, 03:14   #3153

Boat: Mascot 28 pilothouse motorsailer 28ft

Latest from N.B.(pop. 770,000) & Atlantic Canada.
https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.6270812?fbc...blkWXU4I0Fbzxs
Old 03-12-2021, 05:40   #3154

Boat: 1983 Shannon 28

Quote:
It's what they've been saying from the get-go. Just like we have to keep boosting and modifying the influenza vaccine, so to with covid-19.
If you're fine with boosters every six months, you might want to have a look at this recent abstract.

Abstract 10712: Mrna COVID Vaccines Dramatically Increase Endothelial Inflammatory Markers and ACS Risk as Measured by the PULS Cardiac Test: a Warning

https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1....suppl_1.10712

At this point, it is probably just some food for thought as the research has been flagged by the AHA until further clarification is provided by the author.

https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1...00000000001051

Still, considering the high number of cardiac adverse events reported as vaccine injury, it is worthwhile to keep an eye on further research on this issue especially if boosters for ever is under consideration.
Old 03-12-2021, 05:52   #3155
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg K View Post
... Still, considering the high number of cardiac adverse events reported as vaccine injury, it is worthwhile to keep an eye on further research on this issue especially if boosters for ever is under consideration.
How many cardiac adverse events have been reported as vaccine injury [out of how many doses administered]?

Old 03-12-2021, 06:23   #3156

Boat: 1987 Cape Dory MKII 30 Hull #3,

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
How many cardiac adverse events have been reported as vaccine injury [out of how many doses administered]?
==========================

sorry Gordon, do not have totals for the cardiovascular, only the vaccinated.
Seems quite clear anyway.

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/c...-distribution/

My general disclaimer

If you have questions regarding the need to be vaccinated, make an appointment with your physician, go over your medical history, current treatments and explain your concerns, jointly asses your medical risk and based on these plus your lifestyle including work, exposure to others determine your decision.
Old 03-12-2021, 06:30   #3157

Boat: Privilege 39+2'

Quote:
Proportionally, I have nothing close to your record. 100% of your posts have been Covid-19 related.

I look forward to hearing about your boat, and your cruising grounds, your experiences and travels.
Old 03-12-2021, 06:49   #3158

Boat: 1987 Cape Dory MKII 30 Hull #3,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg K View Post
If you're fine with boosters every six months, you might want to have a look at this recent abstract.

Abstract 10712: Mrna COVID Vaccines Dramatically Increase Endothelial Inflammatory Markers and ACS Risk as Measured by the PULS Cardiac Test: a Warning

https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1....suppl_1.10712

At this point, it is probably just some food for thought as the research has been flagged by the AHA until further clarification is provided by the author.

https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1...00000000001051

Still, considering the high number of cardiac adverse events reported as vaccine injury, it is worthwhile to keep an eye on further research on this issue especially if boosters for ever is under consideration.
=================================
I did look at these references.

Here is what is noted

"This article expresses concern regarding abstract “Abstract 10712: Mrna COVID Vaccines Dramatically Increase Endothelial Inflammatory Markers and ACS Risk as Measured by the PULS Cardiac Test: a Warning” which originally published November 8, 2021; https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1....suppl_1.10712.

Soon after publication of the above abstract in Circulation, it was brought to the American Heart Association Committee on Scientific Sessions Program’s attention that there are potential errors in the abstract. Specifically, there are several typographical errors, there is no data in the abstract regarding myocardial T-cell infiltration, there are no statistical analyses for significance provided, and the author is not clear that only anecdotal data was used.

We are publishing this Expression of Concern until a suitable correction is published to indicate that the abstract in its current version may not be reliable.
==========================================

From the
https://www.heart.org/en/coronavirus...19-vaccination

"Should I get the vaccine if I have a history of heart disease or stroke?
Yes. People with cardiovascular risk factors, heart disease, and heart attack and stroke survivors should get vaccinated(link opens in new window) as soon as possible because they are at much greater risk from the virus than they are from the vaccine, according to leaders of the American Heart Association. The AHA urges people with medical conditions to discuss vaccination with their health care team."
Old 03-12-2021, 06:58   #3159

[QUOTE=davil;3531235]=================================
I did look at these references.

I'm glad, that is precisely why I provided the link.
Old 03-12-2021, 08:31   #3160

Boat: Hunter 386

Quote:
On COVID restrictions, our governments keep firing up the gaslights and shifting the goalposts
https://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion/opin...osts-1.6268380

I get the privacy/personal liberties thing but if there is one lesson we should all learn from these COVID years is that words matter and anyone wielding them like a flail is someone you should back away from slowly, maintaining eye contact i.e. danger Will Robinson!

And what about stopping for a moment and examining the new vocabulary that is emerging and most of us are now using so bloody cavalierly? Does anyone on this forum actually claim to have enough knowledge to clearly distinguish between an "annual shot" and a "booster"? I highly doubt it. Media outlets need to be creative to attract and maintain readership but let's not fool ourselves into thinking they spend any time at all worrying about the "scientific" accuracy of the words they choose—and let's not even touch on what a government's communication mandate is... So stop adopting what is essentially a lot of meaningless shorthand and then trying to use it to prove a point. Unless your point is to be as big a blusterer as the typical media and government guy.

All this to say that if you don't acknowledge there is a worldwide medical issue going on right now then I don't have the time of day for you — but if you do, then how's about we start using phrases like "I think...", "I believe...", "it is commonly thought...", or even "a poor analogy would be..." and stop pretending that our new-gained colloquial phrases and concepts have any scientific force or meaning. They don't. They are just approximations — and often bad ones at that.

<rant over>

How about them Oilers? Top of their division for once
Old 03-12-2021, 08:42   #3161

Boat: Privilege 39+2'

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
There are significant post-covid pulmonary and heart issues as well and an increased post-covid first year mortality on these items.... so it may not be a scenario where you opt out of heart (and other critical system) damage risk by opting out of the vaccine... with Covid transmissibility it is a lot more honestly picking which train you want to ride, the vaccine or the full Covid train (of which the items and mechanisms that the vaccine uses are a sub-set).... That is more honestly the choice we seem to be facing from a set of highly imperfect options.
Old 03-12-2021, 09:04   #3162

Boat: Sundowner Tug 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen_MO View Post
...it is a lot more honestly picking which train you want to ride, the vaccine or the full Covid train...
Interesting choice these days given that getting fully vaccinated takes time and there's a newer, faster Omicron train (with increased rates of reinfection) pulling into the station:

Quote:
Increased risk of SARS-CoV-2 reinfection associated with emergence of the Omicron variant in South Africa
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1...068v2.full.pdf
Old 03-12-2021, 09:26   #3163

Boat: Sundowner Tug 30

Anybody else see how overweight people were getting hit hard by Covid and use that as a motivator to get into shape? Last year at this time I started by running between two telephone poles and walking between the next to for a total run of 2.5 Kilometres.

Ran (well, trotted) a half marathon (21K) this summer and also did a 24K out and back up a local mountain. Now on a 26 week plan to run a 50K ultra marathon in the spring of 2022. Lost weight and now weigh the same as I did in high school 44 years ago.

Don't know if it'll make a difference, but at least I feel better!
Old 03-12-2021, 09:45   #3164

Boat: Bavaria Vision 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by N Coast Murray View Post
Anybody else see how overweight people were getting hit hard by Covid and use that as a motivator to get into shape? Last year at this time I started by running between two telephone poles and walking between the next to for a total run of 2.5 Kilometres.

Ran (well, trotted) a half marathon (21K) this summer and also did a 24K out and back up a local mountain. Now on a 26 week plan to run a 50K ultra marathon in the spring of 2022. Lost weight and now weigh the same as I did in high school 44 years ago.

Don't know if it'll make a difference, but at least I feel better!

It makes sense (especially as a senior) to remove as many risk factors as possible imo. I'd let things slip a bit ... and the waistline expand ... over the past few years. My main exercise over the years has been on my bicycles and it is not completely compatible with more sailing/cruising. So it's become a combo of more walking, as much riding as possible and trying to eat less. And still cruise more too ... it's a wonderful self-isolating activity.
Old 03-12-2021, 10:24   #3165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanan View Post
New travel restrictions for Canada. Fewer exemptions from being fully vaccinated.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/covid-19-...193502546.html

Does anyone believe that this is still about public health anymore or that such coercion will change anyone's mind who has decided already a long time ago to decline vaccination?