Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 2.50 average. Display Modes
Old 13-12-2021, 08:59   #3286

Boat: Custom steel, 41' LOD
Re: Canadian COVID-19 News

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatNewBee View Post
To my friends in Canada, here a preprint study from Ontario vaccination side effects related to mRNA vaccines and intervalls specifically to Myocarditis / Pericarditis.

Stay safe.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....02.21267156v1

Here is a Video about the findings if you prefer not to read and understand the medical study content yourself

https://youtu.be/xzVoS-1TIWI
I could not find the paper per se. The link only goes to the Abstract which contains essentially no data. The film briefly shows part of a table for males aged 18-24 (which the commentary states is the group with the highest risk) with a HUGE spread in rates of Myocarditis / Pericarditis from 11 cases per million doses (for, I believe, the Pfizer vaccine with doses administered more than 55 days apart) up to 777 cases per million doses for the Moderna vaccine with doses administered less than 30 days apart.

Who got their doses less than 30 days apart? In BC at least the standard for the first two doses was generally at least sixty days apart - resulting in a FAR lower risk than is being hyped in the commentary - and it is for the HIGHEST risk age group (the only one shown in any detail). And in any case, the risks are still far lower than the risk of adverse effects from Covid.

The study may be, and appears to be, valid and probably provides a valuable analysis of a serious side-effect of the mRNA vaccines - particularly Moderna, but the commentator cherry-picks the worst data and focuses on that.

Get vaccinated!
Old 13-12-2021, 09:12   #3287

Boat: Sceptre 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike OReilly View Post
Yes, another study which clearly supports the use of mRNA Covid-19 vaccines.
to clarify: 297 cases of myocarditis, etc
Old 13-12-2021, 12:33   #3288

Boat: Lagoon 400S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv_pelagia View Post
to clarify: 297 cases of myocarditis, etc
As you seem to like cherry picking here is one of the tables
The link in the Video leads to the PDF document with the full findings. 55 Times higher risk of getting it in contrast to unvaccinated control group. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20211213_152844.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	249782
Old 14-12-2021, 03:45   #3289
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Possible Toronto COVID-19 Exposures Reported At A Raptors Game, Hotel X, Rebel & More

In a press release [1] on December 11, Toronto Public Health announced possible COVID-19 exposures, at Scotiabank Arena, Hotel X Toronto and CLIO Restaurant this month.

Anyone who attended the Toronto Raptors and Washington Wizards Game on December 5 or visited suites 243 or 244 at the Scotiabank Arena on December 5, 7, 8 or 9 is asked to get tested for COVID-19 "immediately" and monitor for symptoms for the next 10 days after the event.

hose who attended the boxes at Scotiabank Arena are also asked to notify their employer that they may have been exposed to COVID-19.

The same goes for anyone who visited Hotel X Toronto on December 5 between 12:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. or on December 6 between 8:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m., or CLIO Restaurant on December 5 between 10 p.m. and 2 a.m.

TPH says they are aware of 19 confirmed cases of COVID-19 linked to the Scotiabank Arena suites, Hotel X, and CLIO Restaurant on these dates as of December 11 at 3 p.m. and that "the cases are undergoing whole genome sequencing to determine if they are the Omicron variant of concern."

On December 8, TPH also announced that Rebel Entertainment Complex was exposed to COVID-19 on December 1 from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. and is asking impacted folks to monitor for symptoms for the following 10 days.

If an impacted individual has developed even mild symptoms, they should get tested for COVID-19 and self-isolate while awaiting results, according to TPH. [2]

The Raptors had their game against the Chicago Bulls postponed, because the Bulls have so many players in health-and-safety protocols, they can’t field a team.
The Toronto Maple Leafs had their upcoming game against the Calgary Flames postponed, because of an outbreak among the Flames.
Raptors president and vice-chairman Masai Ujiri has tested positive for COVID-19, and the team kept broadcasters Matt Devlin and Jack Armstrong at home Monday night, because they were deemed to be close contacts, with someone not affiliated with the organization, who later tested positive.

[1] COVID-19 exposure notification for Hotel X Toronto, CLIO Restaurant and Scotiabank Arena (December 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9)” ~ Toronto Public Health (TPH)
https://www.toronto.ca/news/covid-19...5-6-7-8-and-9/

[2]“COVID-19: Exposure Notifications” ~ Toronto Public Health
https://www.toronto.ca/home/covid-19...osure-reports/

Old 14-12-2021, 06:01   #3290

Boat: Rafiki 37

Here's one for the sad category:

CBC: Allergists hit with 'surge' of vaccine exemption requests, but rarely grant them

Quote:
"Those [seeking] exemption are asking ... to be seen as soon as possible — either to get benefit from going to restaurants, or being able to have removal of all the restrictions they have," said Dr. Ahmed Ahmed, a pediatrician who practises at the Kanata Allergy Clinic.

Ahmed says exemption seekers are "pushing" to be seen within a few days, while he simultaneously has a two-to-three-month waiting list for patients with food and other allergies.

"This leads sometimes to verbal abuse with my staff," Ahmed said. "It can be sometimes a hassle ... convincing them over the phone and answering their questions again, again and again."
He estimates about 60 patients have been seen for exemption referrals in the past couple of months — each one has walked out empty-handed.
Old 14-12-2021, 06:59   #3291

Boat: Privilege 39+2'

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatNewBee View Post
As you seem to like cherry picking here is one of the tables
The link in the Video leads to the PDF document with the full findings. 55 Times higher risk of getting it in contrast to unvaccinated control group. Attachment 249782
Arguing for a middle ground here...:

If someone was trying to manage risk and make their best call on a "safest bet" wouldn't it make sense to compare vaccine related heart disease (and other) risks with:
1) how likely am I to contract Covid w/o natural immunity or vaccination (vaccines aren't perfect and but they aren't nothing...)... what is the statistical likelihood ... seems like it is trending > 50% ... and how likely am I to expose other people (my 84 y/o dad almost died a few days ago because someone came to his church knowing they were covid positive...he seems to be turning the corner though)
2) likelihood of risk of the *very same* "side-effect" issues as a result of full disease exposure

How could one frame risks without weighing the costs both ways?

This is the other side of the coin of pretending there are two groups of people, namely !) fully vaccinated and 2) unvaccinated/"anti-vac's". I think this is a simplistic straw man category system that is far more fit to draw lines than frame either public health policy or personal risk mitigation... but look at it in our discussions. I would submit the categories are probably closer to the following in descending order of risk/susceptibility to infection/spreading & serious symptoms particularly when variant spread seems to both outrun our vaccine update capability and permeate our social measures;

1) Covid Recovered and more recently vaccinated with boosters.
2) Covid Recovered
3) Vaccinated but Covid naive
4) Unvaccinated and Covid naive (who are volunteering for category 2

I think the basic problem on both extreme sides of the issue is pretending category choice sets that actually don't exist:
*Pretending that avoiding the vaccine is a sustainable position when the statistically likely alternative will be full Covid exposure, which is a superset of everything in the vaccine... risks and all.
*Pretending that immunity protection via Covid recovery isn't irrelevant and to be discarded when it is mankind most ubiquitous and, from what I am able to understand from physicians and comments from the vaccine developers, likely robust defense.

I welcome your thoughts.
Old 14-12-2021, 07:04   #3292

Boat: Hunter 386

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen_MO View Post

1) Covid Recovered and more recently vaccinated with boosters.
2) Covid Recovered
3) Vaccinated but Covid naive
4) Unvaccinated and Covid naive (who are volunteering for category 2

I welcome your thoughts.
Not trying to be facetious here as I agree with your general premise but I think you left one main category out: 5) Dead.

And I think that's the one that makes risk assessment, especially in our current culture, the much more of a dichotomy than we would logically view it.
Old 14-12-2021, 07:37   #3293

Boat: Privilege 39+2'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macblaze View Post
Not trying to be facetious here as I agree with your general premise but I think you left one main category out: 5) Dead.

And I think that's the one that makes risk assessment, especially in our current culture, the much more of a dichotomy than we would logically view it.
Fair call, unfortunately past my edit window on the post.
Old 14-12-2021, 10:27   #3294

Boat: Lagoon 400S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macblaze View Post

Dead is a very little percentage of a little percentage of infections. Not all unvaccinated get covid infected, and not all unvaccinated covid infected die. There is already immunity from former infections with corona cold viruses, that prevents severe illness and deaths too, what explains asymptomatic cases.

It is not binary black or white.
Old 14-12-2021, 16:15   #3295

Boat: Hunter 386

Kenney was supposed to be easing restrictions for Xmas today but cancelled the press conference last minute. This really is starting to make me nervous again...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...erta-1.6285225
Old 14-12-2021, 16:42   #3296

Boat: Sundowner Tug 30

Things are looking 'okay' on the South African front.

Check out the daily case and daily death graphs in the link below. The daily case graph is near vertical, while the daily deaths has remained horizontal and hasn't really budged at all.

It's been about a month now since this variant got rolling with no marked increase in deaths.

That's a good sign.

Hopefully this means a manageable number of people hospitalized, despite the huge number of cases coming our way.

https://www.worldometers.info/corona.../south-africa/
Old 14-12-2021, 19:39   #3297

Boat: Rafiki 37

Here we go again...

CBC: Ottawa to toughen international travel restrictions as omicron concerns escalate

Quote:
Multiple sources told CBC News and Radio-Canada that the government is expected to renew an advisory against non-essential international travel, which had been in place for most of the COVID-19 pandemic but was quietly lifted in October.
Old 15-12-2021, 04:09   #3298

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Murray 33-Chouette & Pape Steelmaid-44-Safara-both steel cutters

I just received this….

Quote:

Dear NEXUS Member,

We would like to take this opportunity to remind you that all travellers, including NEXUS members, entering or returning to Canada must submit their mandatory information in ArriveCAN (free App or website), including their digital proof of vaccination and a quarantine plan within 72 hours before arriving in Canada. For more information, visit canada.ca/ArriveCAN.
. etc, and so on ,…….

What is DIGITAL PROOF OF VACCINATION? We have little white cards.

This is insinuating I need to quarantine even if vaccinated.

I haven’t checked the link yet, no reason really because we are still 6 months out and things may change 7 times.

What annoys me is the condescending tone and obfuscation. You read it and still have no clue what it really means. I am probably just more annoyed because we got a notice about pollutants in drinking water yesterday that was 1-1/2 pages long and was so garbled up you had no idea if it was still a problem or not.

English language, its a thing.
Old 15-12-2021, 04:26   #3299
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpeer View Post
... What is DIGITAL PROOF OF VACCINATION? We have little white cards...
What information is on the proof of vaccination

You may already have the Canadian COVID-19 proof of vaccination.

You have the Canadian COVID-19 proof of vaccination if your version

says “COVID-19 Proof of Vaccination” at the top of the document
includes
the official logos for your province or territory
the Government of Canada (the word “Canada” with the Canadian flag above the last “a”)
your full name and date of birth
your COVID-19 vaccination history, including
the number of dose(s)
the vaccine type(s), product name(s) and lot number(s)
the date(s) you got your vaccination(s)
a Smart Health Card QR code
is a bilingual document

In every province or territory, page 1 will look like the Yukon sample shown above below.

Some provinces and territories may add a second page. They will decide what information is on that second page.

The QR code on your proof of vaccination

will include your vaccination history
may include additional information about the COVID-19 vaccine(s) you received

The only medical information shown is your COVID-19 vaccination history. It doesn’t contain your health card number, so it can’t be used to access other health information or be used for other health services.

If you have the Canadian COVID-19 proof of vaccination, and your vaccination history has not changed, you don’t need to get a new one. Be sure to bring a digital and paper copy with you when you travel.
If you don’t have the Canadian COVID-19 proof of vaccination

The Canadian COVID-19 proof of vaccination is now available in all provinces and territories. You should get the Canadian COVID-19 proof of vaccination if you plan to travel within or outside of Canada.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ccination.html

x

x
Temporary border restrictions and measures to address COVID-19 Omicron variant of concern
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...get-proof.html

Old 15-12-2021, 04:56   #3300

Boat: Morgan Out Island 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpeer View Post
I just received this….

. etc, and so on ,…….

What is DIGITAL PROOF OF VACCINATION? We have little white cards.

This is insinuating I need to quarantine even if vaccinated.

I haven’t checked the link yet, no reason really because we are still 6 months out and things may change 7 times.

What annoys me is the condescending tone and obfuscation. You read it and still have no clue what it really means. I am probably just more annoyed because we got a notice about pollutants in drinking water yesterday that was 1-1/2 pages long and was so garbled up you had no idea if it was still a problem or not.

English language, its a thing.
See Gordmay's post, but "Digital proof of vaccination" has been in the news for months. the QR codes that the government is issuing as proof of vaccination. Really easy to get and download from the ministry of health website for your province.