Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 2.50 average. Display Modes
Old 17-01-2022, 21:24   #3751

Re: Canadian COVID-19 News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg K View Post
Read more, Fred. The point I made about viral load is not in dispute ( at least not with Delta).

"Abstract
The effectiveness of BNT162b2, ChAdOx1, and mRNA-1273 vaccines against new SARS-CoV-2 infections requires continuous re-evaluation, given the increasingly dominant Delta variant. We investigated the effectiveness of the vaccines in a large community-based survey of randomly selected households across the UK. We found that the effectiveness of BNT162b2 and ChAd0x1 against any infections (new PCR positives) and infections with symptoms or high viral burden is reduced with the Delta variant. A single dose of the mRNA-1273 vaccine had similar or greater effectiveness compared to a single dose of BNT162b2 or ChAdOx1. Effectiveness of two doses remains at least as great as protection afforded by prior natural infection. The dynamics of immunity following second doses differed significantly between BNT162b2 and ChAdOx1, with greater initial effectiveness against new PCR-positives but faster declines in protection against high viral burden and symptomatic infection with BNT162b2. There was no evidence that effectiveness varied by dosing interval, but protection was higher among those vaccinated following a prior infection and younger adults. With Delta, infections occurring following two vaccinations had similar peak viral burden to those in unvaccinated individuals. SARS-CoV-2 vaccination still reduces new infections, but effectiveness and attenuation of peak viral burden are reduced with Delta."

Full text: file:///C:/Users/G/Downloads/Finalfi...VE20210816.pdf

Your second point regarding duration of the illness is dependent on many variables, vaccination status being only one. General health, age, early treatment are equally, if not more, significant.

At any rate, your point is moot. All sick people should isolate until well. If that simple rule is followed by all, exposing others is not an issue regardless of the duration of the illness.

With the many diagnosed cases of COVID in vaccinated people, it is clear that the vaccination effort is a complete failure. In the province of Alberta, recent stats show that about 80% of cases are in vaccinated people. About 50% of hospitalized cases are vaccinated people.

Regardless of vaccinations, agreed, anyone who is ill should be staying at home until symptoms clear.
Old 18-01-2022, 01:03   #3752
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: CANADIAN COVID-19 NEWS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
I know a large family in which all members became ill with what appears to have been omicron...
... It seems that COVID is just another over hyped media event, nothing to fear. Nothing sells news like a scary story.
People need to know, that people who don’t wear seatbelts, aren’t dying in car crashes, just because police reports, departments of transportation, and insurance companies say so!
In fact, I've yet to talk to anyone that has actually died, in a car crash - seatbelt, or not.

I’m writing an article, proving that the Titanic sinking never happened, and need some anecdotal evidence.
Please comment if you know someone, that's been on a boat, and lived; thus proving the Titanic didn't happen.

Remember, Statistically:
5 people out of 6 are satisfied with the result of Russian roulette
0 out of 6 people complain about the result

The outcomes of most health problems are not predictable, for any individual. How a health problem will affect an individual, is difficult to predict, and can be expressed only as a probability. Remember, that those patients, in whom a given treatment did not work, are often no longer around, to give their views. Only survivors speak – which can result in a very biased picture of an intervention.

It's often much easier for some people to believe someone's testimony, as opposed to understanding complex data, and variation, across a continuum. Quantitative scientific measures are almost always more accurate than personal perceptions and experiences, but our inclination is to believe that which is tangible to us, and/or the word of someone we trust, over a more 'abstract' statistical reality.

Old 18-01-2022, 02:19   #3753

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv_pelagia View Post
So wrong. Not after 6 hours....
More mis -information from someone in Spain (sorry Spain), who knows nothing about Covid-19 in Canada, nor it seems, about Covid-19.

Here, check this clear explanation out:
https://yourlocalepidemiologist.subs...e-transmission

Attachment 251434

That article was about Delta, not Omicron.

Omicron is significantly more contagious, and significantly less virulent.

This statement, in particular, is untrue about Omicron: "The majority of vaccinated people won’t spread the virus if they are exposed." Vaccinated people do get it, and they do spread it. This isn't the theory, it's the reality. The vaccine was developed for a different variant, and while it does it's job, preventing hospitalization or serious illness, it doesn't prevent infection.

The easy mistake to fall into, of course, is pretending that the variants are the same, and being hyperbolic about Omicron. This is what the media and some politicians have done.

In a more rational, less emotional world, we'd be able to follow nuance, and the media could focus on the facts.

But this is not that world.

The silver lining is that because Omicron is more contagious and less virulent, most people (including the vaccinated) will eventually get it and develop some level of immunity.

We know that immunity fades fairly quickly, whether acquired by exposure or vaccine. The question I haven't seen the answer to, is whether some of that immunity is long-lasting. I don't relish the thought of having to get vaccinated every six months in perpetuity.

I think vaccines are great, and I'm vaccinated. But a good bit of the hyperbole (on any side of this issue) is politically and financially driven. Vaccines are a tool, but not the only one.
Old 18-01-2022, 04:35   #3754

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
People need to know, that people who don’t wear seatbelts, aren’t dying in car crashes, just because police reports, departments of transportation, and insurance companies say so!
In fact, I've yet to talk to anyone that has actually died, in a car crash - seatbelt, or not.

I’m writing an article, proving that the Titanic sinking never happened, and need some anecdotal evidence.
Please comment if you know someone, that's been on a boat, and lived; thus proving the Titanic didn't happen.

Remember, Statistically:
5 people out of 6 are satisfied with the result of Russian roulette
0 out of 6 people complain about the result

The outcomes of most health problems are not predictable, for any individual. How a health problem will affect an individual, is difficult to predict, and can be expressed only as a probability. Remember, that those patients, in whom a given treatment did not work, are often no longer around, to give their views. Only survivors speak – which can result in a very biased picture of an intervention.

It's often much easier for some people to believe someone's testimony, as opposed to understanding complex data, and variation, across a continuum. Quantitative scientific measures are almost always more accurate than personal perceptions and experiences, but our inclination is to believe that which is tangible to us, and/or the word of someone we trust, over a more 'abstract' statistical reality.

Those comic examples of seat belts, Titanic, and Russian Roulette have nothing to do with real world analysis. And they demean the seriousness of the problem. Seeing is believing. When I know about 8 people who have contracted COVID, one of whom had been triple vaccinated, that cannot be explained away with comedy. These people experienced minor common cold type symptoms from which they recovered quickly. And the one who had been triple vaccinated is proof that the vaccine offers no protection.

Proponents offer the argument that the vaccine will reduce symptom severity, reduce hospitalizations, and reduce chances of death. But the fact is that my triple vaccinated friend experienced symptoms on par with his non vaccinated family members. How is it that direct observation can be dismissed against questionable official statistics? The PCR test offers about 97% false positives, so there are no reliable official statistics on COVID infections.

This leaves direct personal observation as the only reliable source of information. If you would do a bit of reading on the PCR test, you will discover that it is not a qualitative measurement. It does not distinguish between living and dead genetic material. It does not measure quantity of any genetic material that it senses. It does not detect the presence of any virus. With these deficiencies, it cannot be used to diagnose any disease.

There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics. When direct observation is possible, the official illusion loses credence.

Kary Mullis, inventer of PCR test: “With PCR, if you do it well, you can find anything in anybody.”
Old 18-01-2022, 05:01   #3755
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36
Canadian COVID-19 News

Quote:
I know a large family in which all members became ill with what appears to have been omicron. Several members were officially diagnosed, and all had the same symptoms. At around the same time, I caught a bug that was either COVID, or a cold. It was really hard to say which it was. I, and my friends just stayed home a few days until we recovered naturally. The big irony was that one of my friends who was diagnosed with COVID had been triple vaccinated. Goes to show that for most people, COVID (at least this strain) is really little worse than the common cold. And the vaccine is of no use in preventing it. It seems that COVID is just another over hyped media event, nothing to fear. Nothing sells news like a scary story.

That’s fine my friend you personal experience is like my brothers but I also know a friend in hospital over omicron

What fail to realise is in any disease, there will be a percentage that get really ill , ( flu being a classic case )

The problem with Omicron is SO MANY people are getting infected in a short time , that hospitals are getting overwhelmed. This is especially true in countries without good widely available healthcare where untreated issues like hypertension and diabetes are causing huge issues when co infected with omicron , such as the US

Hence in order to ensure hospitals aren’t overwhelmed society has to try and slow the infection rate. Which is why we have some restrictions , our media has explained this all to us. People , in general , are not scared of Omicron

If you would look beyond your nose , you’d see why things are the way they are.

Here our wave is passing. The few restrictions we have ( mainly on large crowds) will be dialled back in the next few weeks. Unless you’re a pub going nightclubber there are very few practical restrictions.
Old 18-01-2022, 05:21   #3756

Quote:
Originally Posted by goboatingnow View Post
That’s fine my friend you personal experience is like my brothers but I also know a friend in hospital over omicron

What fail to realise is in any disease, there will be a percentage that get really ill , ( flu being a classic case )

The problem with Omicron is SO MANY people are getting infected in a short time , that hospitals are getting overwhelmed. This is especially true in countries without good widely available healthcare where untreated issues like hypertension and diabetes are causing huge issues when co infected with omicron , such as the US

Hence in order to ensure hospitals aren’t overwhelmed society has to try and slow the infection rate. Which is why we have some restrictions , our media has explained this all to us. People , in general , are not scared of Omicron

If you would look beyond your nose , you’d see why things are the way they are.

Here our wave is passing. The few restrictions we have ( mainly on large crowds) will be dialled back in the next few weeks. Unless you’re a pub going nightclubber there are very few practical restrictions.

Agreed that severity of many disease is unpredictable in individuals. Indeed historically common ailment such as common influenza's, common colds, and pneumonia's have been severe in some people, and have caused deaths. But there have been no large scale shut downs or restrictions over these. So why any need for severe restrictions that we have seen for COVID? The overall death rate during the COVID phenomenon has changes little compared to previous years.

The restrictions are certainly not few. They are many and very severe. People have lost jobs and businesses. Careers have been lost or put on hold. Livelihoods have been lost. Students have been kept from schools. These are major disruptions that have solved nothing. Yet the perception of a raging pandemic persists.

Looking beyond one's nose reveals ineffective over reactions to a problem that is no worse than common seasonal infections.
Old 18-01-2022, 05:26   #3757

Boat: Morgan Out Island 41

Quote:
There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics. When direct observation is possible, the official illusion loses credence.

Kary Mullis, inventer of PCR test: “With PCR, if you do it well, you can find anything in anybody.”

The quote you provided does not actually mean what you think it means! not to mention that it is taken out of context and has been proven so. His quote above was in relation to using PCR to diagnose AIDS
Old 18-01-2022, 05:30   #3758
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Quote:
... Kary Mullis, inventer of PCR test: “With PCR, if you do it well, you can find anything in anybody.”
Talk about lies, & damn lies!

The quote in question [1], cited without proper context, stems from a July 1997 meeting, in Santa Monica, California, where Mullis spoke about the high sensitivity levels of PCR tests, and how results can be misinterpreted. His comments were related to his argument that PCR tests shouldn't be used to diagnose AIDS. '
Anyone who has HIV has everything ..."
For years, Mullis denied that HIV was the cause of AIDS. Mullis died in 2019, months before the pandemic emerged, so couldn’t have been talking about COVID-19.

[1]Mullis, in context https://youtu.be/x5oDu9qaGPo

I see pcmm beat me to it.

Kary Mullis alone was awarded the Nobel prize in 1993, and thus receives all the credit, because committees and science journalists like the idea of associating a unique idea with a unique person, the lone genius. However, PCR is, in fact, one of the classic examples of teamwork.
https://www.nobelprize.org/prizes/ch.../mullis/facts/

Old 18-01-2022, 05:33   #3759

Boat: Nonsuch 30

Quote:
With the many diagnosed cases of COVID in vaccinated people, it is clear that the vaccination effort is a complete failure. In the province of Alberta, recent stats show that about 80% of cases are in vaccinated people. About 50% of hospitalized cases are vaccinated people.

Regardless of vaccinations, agreed, anyone who is ill should be staying at home until symptoms clear.
What you post is absolute rot. Let's take one simple example from the above. If 50% of hospital cases are vaxxed folks that means that 50% are unvaxxed. If 80% of the population is vaxxed (it is likely higher, but let's keep the arithmetic simple), that means that 80% of the population is producing half of those in hospital, while the other 20% are producing the other half. Doing the arithmetic that means that vaccination is four times as effective as non-vaccination when it comes to keeping you out of hospital. Remembering that not all of the vaxxed have not had the booster yet, the difference will only grow as more boosters go in more arms. If we consider those in ICUs i.e. those with a good chance of death, the ratio is much worse than 4:1. You do not seem to understand even the numbers that you use to make your case.
Old 18-01-2022, 05:39   #3760

Boat: Rafiki 37

What's sad, but not all that surprising, is the level of ignorance too many people have around statistics. It's sad, because it leads to a lot of false conclusions, but it's not surprising because research shows Homo sapiens just aren't that good at complex math. We can do it, and many of us do, but it's not something we've evolved to manage very well.

Knowing eight people with the virus, and then drawing some big conclusion about a pandemic, is simply laughable. The FACT is, the vast majority of all those infected with the SARS-coV-2 virus have experienced mild to no symptoms. This is true for ALL variants that have come forth. If you have a 1% chance of losing a game, then winning eight times is entirely within the expected norms. This is why Gord's analogies are spot on.

No one can look at (and understand) the hospitalization rates for vaccinated vs unvaccinated, and make the claim that vaccination has been a failure.
Old 18-01-2022, 06:24   #3761

Quote:
Originally Posted by AiniA View Post
What you post is absolute rot. Let's take one simple example from the above. If 50% of hospital cases are vaxxed folks that means that 50% are unvaxxed. If 80% of the population is vaxxed (it is likely higher, but let's keep the arithmetic simple), that means that 80% of the population is producing half of those in hospital, while the other 20% are producing the other half. Doing the arithmetic that means that vaccination is four times as effective as non-vaccination when it comes to keeping you out of hospital. Remembering that not all of the vaxxed have not had the booster yet, the difference will only grow as more boosters go in more arms. If we consider those in ICUs i.e. those with a good chance of death, the ratio is much worse than 4:1. You do not seem to understand even the numbers that you use to make your case.

"absolute rot" shows an attitude of bias and contempt that destroys credibility of your posting. If the "vaccines" are so effective, then why is a third shot required within only months of the first two? This shows that that they are a dismal failure.

Effectiveness of traditional vaccines typically lasts for many years. Truth is that the mRNA injections do not even meet the true definition of the word, "vaccine". The definition was changed to accommodate the fraud. You can dissect the statistics however you want, but the fact is that large numbers of injected people have been diagnosed with COVID. The overall survival rate of those diagnosed with COVID is better than 99%. This indicates that the restrictions, lock downs, and injection campaign are needless and costly over reactions.

If one considers that omicron was first identified in southern Africa and spread world wide, the entire "vaccine" strategy crumbles. Omicron obviously spread worldwide by international travel. But only vaccinated people are allowed to travel. So the bug has been hitching rides around the world on vaccinated people. In effect, this is really a pandemic of the vaccinated.

It is amazing how fear spread by media that feeds on sensationalism has caused a mass loss of rationality. Statistics in the discussion have not even included the many adverse reactions and deaths resultant from the injections. Indeed, Taiwan has recently been reporting more deaths due to injections than due to COVID itself.

The CDC VAERS data as of Jan. 7 shows 1,894,633 adverse reactions including:
21,745 DEATHS
115,754 HOSPITALIZATIONS
112,235 URGENT CARE
161,439 DOCTOR OFFICE VISITS
8,811 ANAPHYLAXIS
12,951 BELL'S PALSY
3,594 Miscarriages
11,055 Heart Attacks
25,773 Myocarditis/Pericarditis
37,937 Permanently Disabled
5,176 Thrombocytopenia/Low Platelet
24,791 Life Threatening
37,466 Severe Allergic Reaction
11,758 Shingles

Any "rot" in the situation exists in the COVID industrial complex and the irrational minds that believe it.
Old 18-01-2022, 07:12   #3762

Boat: Hunter 386

Can we stop now?

How about we reserve this thread for discussion about the effects of Covid in Canada to our lifestyle, infrastructure and ability to exercise our moral, yet unnatural right to float on water in some sort of vessel.

Anyone who at this late date is still arguing about the existence of Covid or believes that a world-wide, multi-government, cross-political spectrum conspiracy has acted to magnify an "insignificant" problem just because should be ignored. So let's. Please? We ain't gonna be able fix 'em and arguing just gives them more space to post even more ridiculous nonsense.
Old 18-01-2022, 07:42   #3763

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macblaze View Post
Can we stop now?

How about we reserve this thread for discussion about the effects of Covid in Canada to our lifestyle, infrastructure and ability to exercise our moral, yet unnatural right to float on water in some sort of vessel.

Anyone who at this late date is still arguing about the existence of Covid or believes that a world-wide, multi-government, cross-political spectrum conspiracy has acted to magnify an "insignificant" problem just because should be ignored. So let's. Please? We ain't gonna be able fix 'em and arguing just gives them more space to post even more ridiculous nonsense.

Such a rant ignores valid science. PCR testing gives about about 97% false positives. better than 99% of diagnosed COVID cases are not fatal. The entire COVID situation collapses on that alone. Why not look at some objective science for details? Just look at evidence presented by such recognized experts as Dr. Peter McCullough and Dr. David Malone.

Conspiracy and cross political spectrum? Canada effectively has a single party system like such places as Russia, China, and North Korea. The official opposition merely rubber stamps bills presented by the minority government. Opposition seems to be silences by media which demonizes anyone who dares utter a breath against the sacred narrative.

Worldwide, many countries seem to have given over control to the WHO, which is consists of unelected bureaucrats.

Ridiculous nonsense? What could be more ridiculous than trusting one's life to an unproven injection, the effects of which are irreversible? And as shown by the VAERS data alone is proven to be very harmful.

Your suggestion shows that since you have no chance of logically winning the debate, you just want to shut it down. The world is not suffering from a respiratory disease pandemic, but rather is suffering from a mental disease pandemic, one effect of which is is a loss of rationality.
Old 18-01-2022, 07:52   #3764

Boat: Rafiki 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macblaze View Post
Can we stop now?

Agreed. Ignore the latest mis/disinformation purveyor.
Old 18-01-2022, 07:59   #3765

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike OReilly View Post
Agreed. Ignore the latest mis/disinformation purveyor.

Where is the logic and science to back your position? "Misinformation" and "disinformation" are favorite words of communist regimes who use them to discredit opposition. "Conspiracy theory" was popularized by the CIA to discredit people who did not believe the incredible conclusion of the Warren Commission. Use of such words commonly indicate bias and prejudice of the speaker.