Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 2.50 average. Display Modes
Old 18-01-2022, 10:12   #3781

Re: Canadian COVID-19 News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narfi View Post
Could you explain this better, it doesn't make sense to me.....

Are you saying that of 100 people tested without covid, 97 of them will still test positive?

I find that pretty incredible and hard to believe......

Please do not feel badly. You are one of many millions who have been duped my media and government propaganda. Yes, with a 97% false positive rate, any random group of 100 people can rest positive with PCR. The actual number will rely on the number of threshold cycles used in the test. You need to do your own research on that, as an explanation can be lengthy. But the more cycles that the test is done with, the greater the chance of a false positive. In many states and provinces, the test has been taken as high as the high 30's and low 40's. The WHO had been recommending a maximum of 20. But even at 20, false positives are generated.

The WHO admitted months ago that the PCR test generates excessive false positives.
https://off-guardian.org/2020/12/18/...lse-positives/

Dr. Jared Bullard, head of the Cadham Provincial Laboratory in Winnipeg, testified in court on behalf of the Manitoba government. Bullard said PCR test results don’t verify infectiousness and were never intended to be used to diagnose respiratory illnesses. Bullard testified that the most accurate way to determine infectiousness is to try to grow a cell culture from a patient’s sample. He found that, for samples that tested positive at 18 Ct, only 44 percent would grow in a lab, suggesting that 56 percent were non-infectious. He was unable to develop any viable lab cultures for samples that tested positive at Ct values higher than 25, which implies that “positive” cases resulting from those tests were most likely non-infectious.

This kind of news is seldom reported by big media. Much of the problem lies not only in false news, but lies in the non reporting of true news.

Kary Mullis, inventer of PCR test: “With PCR, if you do it well, you can find anything in anybody.”

The test amplifies extremely minute quantities of molecules of genetic material. Amplify it enough, and harmless background material causes a false positive. The test does not distinguish between living viable material and old dead material that me be residual from an infection of long ago.
Old 18-01-2022, 10:15   #3782

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake-Effect View Post
I'm betting the DDude won't respond to that.
Read on to another posting...
Old 18-01-2022, 10:19   #3783

Boat: Rafiki 37

Just stop feeding the troll. He'll move on.
Old 18-01-2022, 10:27   #3784

Boat: Sceptre 41

I recommend we continue to post real data and relevant discussions.

MIS-information posts are attempting to get this thread closed ('cause this thread has dared to be, mostly, about reality).

Junk posts are best left behind. Real data should win out.
Old 18-01-2022, 10:33   #3785

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv_pelagia View Post
I recommend we continue to post real data and relevant discussions.

MIS-information posts are attempting to get this thread closed ('cause this thread has dared to be, mostly, about reality).

Junk posts are best left behind. Real data should win out.

Please look back at quotes from The Lancet and British Medical Journal. If this is not real, then what qualifies? Seems that some people do the same as big media, ignoring reality.
Old 18-01-2022, 10:39   #3786

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike OReilly View Post
Just stop feeding the troll. He'll move on.

You choose to ignore court testimony of the head of a provincial microbiology lab and quotes from two prestigious medical journals ? Seems that you enjoy doing
Old 18-01-2022, 10:46   #3787

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/corona...2022-1.6318754

Quote:
CBC: COVID-19 hospitalizations hit new highs in Canada's two most populous provinces, officials reported Tuesday, with 4,183 total hospitalizations in Ontario and 3,417 hospitalizations in Quebec.
but with some signs of optimism:
Quote:
Dr. Eileen de Villa, Toronto's medical officer of health, said Tuesday that it's too early to know if the Omicron-driven wave has peaked in the city.
"While it is still too early to know for sure, we are seeing initial indicators that the rate of infection may have plateaued or started to decline," she said, adding that there's still a long way to go.
Old 18-01-2022, 10:52   #3788

Boat: Sceptre 41

U.K., not Canada

Click image for larger version

Name:	FIrT21RWQAkKggu.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	251470
https://mobile.twitter.com/PaulMainw...256901/photo/1

Data plotted from data in:
https://www.icnarc.org/DataServices/...a-00505601089b
Old 18-01-2022, 10:56   #3789

Quote:
https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/corona...2022-1.6318754

but with some signs of optimism:
You actually trust the CBC which who's funding is funneled through a corrupt federal government?
Old 18-01-2022, 11:07   #3790

Here's an interesting discussion paper looking at the legal issues around Canadian vaccine mandates and/or taxes.

COVID-19 vaccine mandates would likely face legal hurdles in Canada

Quote:
Whether a government can mandate vaccines depends on what exactly a new law says. Canadians have rights to make decisions about vaccination but these rights are not absolute. And having rights does not mean there will be no consequences for your decisions.
Old 18-01-2022, 11:20   #3791

Boat: Hunter 386

Quote:
Here's an interesting discussion paper looking at the legal issues around Canadian vaccine mandates and/or taxes.

I think this is relevant bit:

Quote:
That said, it raises serious policy issues. Universal health care does not cost more for citizens simply because they are more likely to need health care. That’s part of what makes it universal. It’s not like private insurance that ties premiums to risk. Tobacco and alcohol may be heavily taxed, but we don’t tax dangerous sporting activities, unhealthy eating, having a stressful job or lack of exercise.

Charging more for universal health care based on personal choices is controversial and raises important moral and practical issues. Governments should think carefully about the implications before eroding the principle of universality.
We'd be shooting ourselves in the foot if we started to punish people who won't agree. For me it's not the moral issue but rather the nature of "universal." I like universal. Sometimes I'd like to exclude the idiots as much as the next guy — for a whole raft of activities — but the way lies the creation of abuse and "dictatorship."
Old 18-01-2022, 11:26   #3792
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Dieseldude: You should be aware that ‘Trolling’ is against the CruisersForum rules*.
I cannot believe that anyone could be so delusional, as to actually believe the absurdities you’ve been spouting.

* “Trolling and cyberstalking are NOT allowed and are grounds for account restriction or banishment. Trolling on this board includes posting controversial and often irrelevant or off-topic messages with the intention of (or anticipated result of) baiting other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal, harmonious on-topic discussion, especially when a pattern of such posting is apparent."
https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums...ork&page=rules

Old 18-01-2022, 11:26   #3793

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macblaze View Post
We'd be shooting ourselves in the foot if we started to punish people who won't agree. For me it's not the moral issue but rather the nature of "universal." I like universal. Sometimes I'd like to exclude the idiots as much as the next guy — for a whole raft of activities — but the way lies the creation of abuse and "dictatorship."

Old 18-01-2022, 11:27   #3794

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macblaze View Post
I think this is relevant bit:

Quote:
That said, it raises serious policy issues. Universal health care does not cost more for citizens simply because they are more likely to need health care. That’s part of what makes it universal. It’s not like private insurance that ties premiums to risk. Tobacco and alcohol may be heavily taxed, but we don’t tax dangerous sporting activities, unhealthy eating, having a stressful job or lack of exercise.

Charging more for universal health care based on personal choices is controversial and raises important moral and practical issues. Governments should think carefully about the implications before eroding the principle of universality.

I think you're quite right.

And also, how about the entire families who have congenital health issues passed down through generations? Ain't the fault of the kids who are born into it, is it?
Catalina 34 #224 (1986) C34IA Secretary
Cowichan Bay, BC, SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)
Old 18-01-2022, 12:47   #3795

Quote:

Probably would not survive a charter challenge, since the government has not demonstrated "reasonable limits prescribed by law as can be demonstrably justified in a free and democratic society." Nor can they show this.

Even now truckers are planning to converge on Ottawa to shutdown the city until the mandates are rescinded.

https://www.facebook.com/Freedom-Con...0286905896085/

https://truthtellernl.wordpress.com/...m-convoy-2022/

We can only wait to see how big this gets and what will be its effect. It seems that the last straw for truckers was the cross border vax mandate.