Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 2.50 average. Display Modes
Old 20-01-2022, 09:55   #3901

Boat: Rafiki 37
Re: Canadian COVID-19 News

Quote:
Originally Posted by danstanford View Post
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canad...i3C?li=AAggNb9

Reasonably accurate portrayal of the situation facing employers over Covid. Now, our PM will be faced with finding a solution palatable to the voters and labour as support for lockdowns/lockouts dwindles.
Yes, I completely agree that it is unfair to dump this burden on businesses. As I mused earlier, I'd like to see the feds, or perhaps the provincial governments, make a high court reference on the matter. Either that, or expedite a test (and representative) case so the legal questions can be closed.

It's unfair to leave this burden to businesses.
Old 20-01-2022, 10:04   #3902

Quote:
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canad...i3C?li=AAggNb9

Reasonably accurate portrayal of the situation facing employers over Covid. Now, our PM will be faced with finding a solution palatable to the voters and labour as support for lockdowns/lockouts dwindles.

Of course the government has made employers into expendable hit men to protect themselves. Why would they risk law suits against themselves when they can download liability to employers?
Old 20-01-2022, 10:09   #3903

Boat: Sceptre 41

What hospitalization data really say about COVID-19 vaccines

The data do clearly illustrate the positive impact of vaccination, though seeing it requires a bit more context and number-crunching
https://nationalpost.com/health/what...id-19-vaccines[/i]

Even the National Post is showing vaccines significantly reducing illness, contrasting data with those who oppose vaccinations.

"because the unvaccinated are now a much smaller pool of people, a similar absolute number of them in hospital still means that a far higher percentage are getting seriously ill."
Old 20-01-2022, 10:16   #3904

Boat: J/88

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv_pelagia View Post

The data do clearly illustrate the positive impact of vaccination, though seeing it requires a bit more context and number-crunching

Even the National Post is showing vaccines significantly reducing illness, contrasting data with those who oppose vaccinations.

"because the unvaccinated are now a much smaller pool of people, a similar absolute number of them in hospital still means that a far higher percentage are getting seriously ill."
Absolutely it does. I don't think any real interpretation is needed to understand the efficacy of the vaccine in terms of the acuity of the illness and the likelihood of hospitalization.
Old 20-01-2022, 10:20   #3905

Quote:

If we consider that Israel is perhaps the most "vaccinated" country in the world, we can see what a failure the vax scheme really is. At 92% vaccination rate, nearly 60% of hospitalized COVID-19 patients in Israel fully vaccinated

https://www.beckershospitalreview.co...udy-finds.html

In Canada, hospital staff have been in short supply because many have contracted COVID. But these people are vaxxed. This shows that the injections are of little value.
Old 20-01-2022, 10:33   #3906

Boat: Sundowner Tug 30

Quote:
Absolutely it does. I don't think any real interpretation is needed to understand the efficacy of the vaccine in terms of the acuity of the illness and the likelihood of hospitalization.
IIRC, a recent post (edit: post #3877) showed that 10% of the population that is unvaccinated is responsible for 77.3% of the Covid-19 hospitalizations.

Then I noticed your signature:
Quote:
Never attribute to malice what can be explained away by stupidity.
At what point do we keep coddling these people? Do they have no empathy for overworked healthcare workers? What about people missing cancer treatments or other scheduled procedures because hospital beds are occupied by unvaccinated Covid-19 patients?

There ought to be ramifications for their selfishness.
Old 20-01-2022, 10:38   #3907

Boat: Sundowner Tug 30

Then again, the same post showed that 77.6% of Covid-19 deaths are unvaccinated people, so it's a diminishing problem.
Old 20-01-2022, 10:45   #3908

Vaccine opponents are falling prey to the "base-rate fallacy" ....

Base rate fallacy: the tendency, when making judgments of the probability with which an event will occur, to ignore the base rate and to concentrate on other information
https://www.collinsdictionary.com/di...e-rate-fallacy
https://dictionary.apa.org/base-rate-fallacy

RATE per 100,000 (or million) data clearly show vaccines working well.

ISRAEL:
Click image for larger version

Name:	SmartSelect_20220120-103846_Firefox.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	251583

SWITZERLAND:

Name:	SmartSelect_20220120-102607_Firefox.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	251584

USA:

Name:	SmartSelect_20220120-102738_Firefox.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	251585

CHILE:

Name:	SmartSelect_20220120-102640_Firefox.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	251586

BRITISH COLUMBIA:

Name:	SmartSelect_20220120-103110_Xodo%20Docs.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	251587
Old 20-01-2022, 11:08   #3909

Boat: Rafiki 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by N Coast Murray View Post
At what point do we keep coddling these people? Do they have no empathy for overworked healthcare workers? What about people missing cancer treatments or other scheduled procedures because hospital beds are occupied by unvaccinated Covid-19 patients?

I agree, but there already are serious ramifications for "these people." They are increasingly being blocked from accessing anything but the most essential of functions in our society. In other words, they are being shunned and banished, just as has always happened when groups deal with overly-selfish individuals.

In that recent poll I cited a short while ago, it indicated that a significant minority of Canadians now support taking some sort of legal punitive action against the true anti-vaxxers. I fully understand this reaction, but I would not support legal action against these people. That would be like making idiocy a crime; and let's face it, we're all idiots some of the time .

The number of true anti-vaxxers seems to be settling in at around 10%. That's a large group, but probably not too large for the rest of us to carry. As I said, there are always free-riders in society. I think it's better to pick up their slack, rather than risk selling part of our collective soul in an effort to punish.

Besides, as you point out, they are already punishing themselves by bearing a massively disproportionate amount of hospitalizations and death. It illustrates how right Darwin was .

Quote:
Vaccine opponents are falling prey to the "base-rate fallacy" ....

Exactly.
Old 20-01-2022, 11:17   #3910

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgetsailing3 View Post
Where are your numbers? Do you have any?
...do you? You can rightly quote the very low rate of severe illness and mortality among children, but you are quiet about the extent to which children could spread COVID, comparing the real risks of vaccination vs getting sick, the net effect of restricting the schooling and other activities of unvaccinated children...
Quote:
Let's agree to go with the science. That's what you claim to want, no? So if you want to vax all small children, please produce the numbers you're basing that on.

Again, I'm not against child vaccinations, I'd just like to see the numbers that folks are basing their positions on.
Well, unlike some, I have confidence that authorities have done their homework, and that vaccinating children is part of the package of measures that will get us through the pandemic stage of COVID with the least overall risk.

I could Google up some links.. but so could you.

The COVID vaccines are clever and some make use of some new technology... but they are not Hail Mary plays, nor are they radical departures from the basic principles of vaccination: expose the body's defenses to a benign version or fragment of the virus, so that they later recognize and attack the real thing. That's all they do. And between the initial testing and the real-world rollout of vaccination, we're maybe a few months shy of two years' of experience with them. I'm pretty confident that enough is known to make the call about vaccinating kids.

I'm beyond certain that getting sick with COVID is more risky that getting vaccinated. And everyone WILL catch it, eventually. it only makes sense for everyone to have the best available protection from harm.
Old 20-01-2022, 11:22   #3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
If we consider that Israel is perhaps the most "vaccinated" country in the world, we can see what a failure the vax scheme really is. At 92% vaccination rate, nearly 60% of hospitalized COVID-19 patients in Israel fully vaccinated.
I can certainly see that some folks will never understand the significance of the numbers they're throwing about.
Old 20-01-2022, 11:29   #3912

Most recent COVID-19 statistics in children: British Columbia
(from BC-CDC)

Name:	SmartSelect_20220120-112744_Xodo%20Docs.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	251590
Old 20-01-2022, 11:37   #3913

Quote:
Originally Posted by N Coast Murray View Post
IIRC, a recent post (edit: post #3877) showed that 10% of the population that is unvaccinated is responsible for 77.3% of the Covid-19 hospitalizations.

Then I noticed your signature:

Vaccination as a factor in COVID infection rates is becoming less of a factor. More and more "vaccinated" people are being diagnosed with the illness. Do the "vaccine" proponents have no consideration for those who have been injured and killed as an effect of their injection? Surely people have the right to decide whether they wish to take their chances on contracting COVID or being harmed or killed by the injected concoction.

By the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, citizens do have the right to refuse medical intervention. How can living according to one's rights be considered coddling? Basic rights are the most basic tenements of a free and civilized society. They are certainly not a coddled luxury or favor.

Rights belong to the individual, so any right may be construed as "selfish". Does this mean that we must abandon all rights just to prove that we are not selfish? As the owner of private property, you have exclusive rights to it. Are you being selfish for not opening you private home to every homeless person in your area? Sure, as owner of one's body one has the right to decide on what one will allow to be injected into it.

In international law, people are protected from forced participation in medical experiments by the Nuremberg Code and Declaration of Helsinki. Not having been subject to full testing, COVID injections are experimental.

Scarcity of hospital beds is not due the COVID itself, but is rather due to mismanagement. Early home and outpatient treatment of COVID has not been implemented. Such treatments as vitamin D, HCL, and ivermectin have not been used. Patients are told to stay at home and given no early care. This results in excessive demand for hospital care when neglected patients become extremely ill. Responsibility for high hospital demand lies with government, not non vaccinated persons. It is government that lacks empathy.
Old 20-01-2022, 12:18   #3914

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake-Effect View Post
I can certainly see that some folks will never understand the significance of the numbers they're throwing about.

Those numbers from Israel are quite self explanatory. No need to write a book. They just boil down to reveal that the injected concoctions are ineffective.
Old 20-01-2022, 12:23   #3915

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake-Effect View Post
...do you? You can rightly quote the very low rate of severe illness and mortality among children, but you are quiet about the extent to which children could spread COVID, comparing the real risks of vaccination vs getting sick, the net effect of restricting the schooling and other activities of unvaccinated children...
Well, unlike some, I have confidence that authorities have done their homework, and that vaccinating children is part of the package of measures that will get us through the pandemic stage of COVID with the least overall risk.

I could Google up some links.. but so could you.

The COVID vaccines are clever and some make use of some new technology... but they are not Hail Mary plays, nor are they radical departures from the basic principles of vaccination: expose the body's defenses to a benign version or fragment of the virus, so that they later recognize and attack the real thing. That's all they do. And between the initial testing and the real-world rollout of vaccination, we're maybe a few months shy of two years' of experience with them. I'm pretty confident that enough is known to make the call about vaccinating kids.

I'm beyond certain that getting sick with COVID is more risky that getting vaccinated. And everyone WILL catch it, eventually. it only makes sense for everyone to have the best available protection from harm.

On what are you basing your confidence? The makers of the injections are criminal organizations. How can they be trusted?

"But, for researchers who were testing Pfizer’s vaccine at several sites in Texas during that autumn, speed may have come at the cost of data integrity and patient safety. A regional director who was employed at the research organisation Ventavia Research Group has told The BMJ that the company falsified data, unblinded patients, employed inadequately trained vaccinators, and was slow to follow up on adverse events reported in Pfizer’s pivotal phase III trial. Staff who conducted quality control checks were overwhelmed by the volume of problems they were finding. After repeatedly notifying Ventavia of these problems, the regional director, Brook Jackson, emailed a complaint to the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Ventavia fired her later the same day. Jackson has provided The BMJ with dozens of internal company documents, photos, audio recordings, and emails."
BMJ 2021; 375 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.n2635 (Published 02 November 2021) Cite this as: BMJ 2021;375:n2635

"In 2009, Pfizer paid $2.3 billion in criminal and civil fines to settle allegations that the company illegally marketed several drugs for off-label purposes that were specifically not approved by the Food and Drug Administration. The company instructed its marketing team to advertise Bextra, which was approved only for arthritis and menstrual cramps, for acute and surgical pain issues. The lawsuit, brought under the False Claims Act through the actions of six whistleblowers, ended in one of the largest health care fraud settlements in history."
https://theintercept.com/2021/11/29/...rporate-fraud/

Johnson & Johnson cannot even safely produce something as simple as baby powder, but we are expected to trust them with high technology "vaccines".

"Pharmaceutical giant Johnson & Johnson has agreed to pay more than $100 million to settle more than a thousand lawsuits claiming its iconic talc-based baby powder caused cancer, according to Bloomberg News."
https://www.asbestos.com/news/2020/1...stos-lawsuits/