Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 2.50 average. Display Modes
Old 28-01-2022, 16:21   #4306

Boat: Samson C-shell 36
Re: Canadian COVID-19 News

I would imagine there would a few extremists in such a large group considering the estimated size of the protest.

We have our right to peacefully protest.

Extremists need to be dealt with INDIVIDUALLY.
Old 28-01-2022, 16:25   #4307

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayal View Post
I would imagine there would a few extremists in such a large group considering the estimated size of the protest.

We have our right to peacefully protest.

Extremists need to be dealt with INDIVIDUALLY.
It is widely reported that white supremist groups are taking this as a good opportunity. So how individual to you want to get?
Old 28-01-2022, 16:32   #4308

Boat: Samson C-shell 36

I don’t understand your question of how individual I would like to get.

If you break the law, or demonstrate hate in this country, you’ll be dealt with accordingly. Otherwise, we value each others opinions and beliefs. Since no one in this demonstration has yet to break any law, I stand with them.

We’re all Canadian no matter what ethnicity.

Also, I would highly encourage reading from multiple news sources, and making your own belief. Some media has been questionable lately.
Old 28-01-2022, 17:57   #4309

Boat: Sundowner Tug 30

There was a cause a while back in which I was prepared to go to jail for, and found the link below on civil disobedience in BC interesting. Luckily, the thing I opposed was cancelled.

https://www.lrwc.org/ws/wp-content/u...Sept_.2011.pdf
Old 28-01-2022, 18:26   #4310

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayal View Post
I don’t understand your question of how individual I would like to get.

If you break the law, or demonstrate hate in this country, you’ll be dealt with accordingly. Otherwise, we value each others opinions and beliefs. Since no one in this demonstration has yet to break any law, I stand with them.

We’re all Canadian no matter what ethnicity.

Also, I would highly encourage reading from multiple news sources, and making your own belief. Some media has been questionable lately.
Lots of veiled threats. In fact they have been suggesting that the protesters visit the homes of MPs. Lots of MPs saying they feel threatened. The we are all Canadians shtick wears thin fast when your homies are doxing MPs.

Given the questionable reputations of some of the organizers and the things they have said, the police are on watch. This is no simple bunch of silly truckers driving across the country on a stupid and hopeless mission and the powers that be are informed. The silly truckers are being used. In fact the whole thing seems like it was dreamed up at the local bar after a few too many.

I get news from major papers like the Globe & Mail, The Star & the New York Times and others. I listen to the Current which is very reputable journalism.
None of these are questionable. They are all publications of record.

I don't get my news from right wing rags or QAnon sites or Rebel Media or Fox News.
Old 28-01-2022, 19:35   #4311

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop

Starting about p. 253, twenty-nine posts have been removed from this thread because they were excessively sarcastic, rude, or quoted deleted posts.

JPA Cate
Old 29-01-2022, 04:55   #4312

Boat: Morgan Out Island 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailorman97 View Post
It is widely reported that white supremist groups are taking this as a good opportunity. So how individual to you want to get?
That's a very broad brush you're using. The liberal party often considers anyone who disagrees with them to be a member of that group!
Old 29-01-2022, 05:26   #4313

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcmm View Post
That's a very broad brush you're using. The liberal party often considers anyone who disagrees with them to be a member of that group!
Actually it is the Liberal Party. A liberal party is a party with a bunch of liberals attending. A Liberal Party is an entity. The difference between small l liberal and big L liberal. Small c conservative and big C conservative

Your brush is quite broad as well and I think rather a false statement. I remember the Conservative CPC government of Stephen Harper. Everyone was the enemy and government employees and scientists were not allowed to speak to the media without a minder. We have never seen this behaviour from the Liberal Party.

Back to my original position:
Read more without a personal bias from many different sources and you will find lots to concern you about the organizers of this truckers freedom convoy.

Hopefully nothing comes of it all except a complete waste of time and fuel but time will tell.

Oh a million dollars was withdrawn from the $6m+ collected on go fund me. Lets wait to see how many complaints we get from participants about not getting any money.
Old 29-01-2022, 05:35   #4314
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

The [so called] "Freedom Convoy" passed through Thunder Bay, Ont. [a pinch point] on Thursday, when it comprised 113 trucks, and 276 private cars [389 vehicles total], according to a count, by the Ontario Provincial Police.

Old 29-01-2022, 07:07   #4315

Boat: Rafiki 37

G&M: Joni Mitchell to stand with Neil Young, remove her music from Spotify

Quote:
Joni Mitchell says she stands with Neil Young and has decided to remove all her music from streaming giant Spotify.

Earlier this week, Young pulled his music from Spotify after giving the company an ultimatum over concerns about podcaster Joe Rogan spreading misinformation about the COVID-19 vaccine on his show “The Joe Rogan Experience.”

In a statement on her website Friday, Mitchell says she is taking action because “irresponsible people are spreading lies that are costing people their lives.”

Mitchell says she also stands with the scientific community on the issue.
Old 30-01-2022, 16:59   #4316

Location: La Ciudad de la Misión Didacus de Alcalá en Alta California, Virreinato de Nueva España
Boat: Cal 20

Review of the last 4-5days / 5 pages / 95 posts ignoring deleted posts indicates. 8-9 are COVID related and another 7-8 are arguably related and only a couple are cruising related

The rest are The Media, media theory, the convoy, white supremacists, civil disobedience, Spotify/Joni/Neil, Noam Chomsky, etc.

After discussion among the moderators we are electing to leave this thread closed.

Feel free to start a new thread discussing COVID in Canada. Try and keep it cruising related or at least COVID in Canada related which is cruising adjacent.