Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 2.50 average. Display Modes
Old 16-08-2020, 22:35   #631

Boat: Rafiki 37
Re: CANADIAN COVID-19 NEWS

News items on the border closure extension.

Old 17-08-2020, 18:15   #632

Boat: Hunter 386

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike OReilly View Post
The Canadian Premier Trudeau agreed with the Trump administration that to keep every one safer that..."

ROTFLMAO...
Old 17-08-2020, 21:36   #633

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macblaze View Post
The Canadian Premier Trudeau agreed with the Trump administration that to keep every one safer that..."

ROTFLMAO...

Yeah... well, we can't expect them to get everything right about such a distant foreign land as Canada .
Old 18-08-2020, 07:19   #634

Quote:
Yeah... well, we can't expect them to get everything right about such a distant foreign land as Canada .
It was mostly the idea that Michigan dwellers are thinking that keeping the border closed was a Trump initiative... still making me smile.
Old 18-08-2020, 08:46   #635

Boat: Bavaria Vision 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwdiver View Post
“Now a days“ many call Campbell River to Alert Bay Central Coast, then it’s the North Coast, south of CR is of course the Salish Sea.....

That's a Vancouver/Victoria-centric view of the coast imo. Most of us call Campbell River to Alert Bay Johnstone Strait, or Discovery Passage in the southern part. The government weather maps overlap and have administratively split the coast into two parts for display purposes. Look at the map and you'll see one of the areas is Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island, and it corresponds to the N of Cape Caution definition.

Mike, I think people have mellowed a bit re out of province plates although Ontario plates make you one of those damn easterners - but your bike plates are small enough most people won't notice them .

The smaller and more distant communities and at least a couple of the coastal first nations are not interested in visitors period. Vancouver Islanders are a bit more sensitive to outside intruders - probably because of our higher average age - but they just make us cranky and give us something to complain about without stirring us up enough to be violent. We just welcomed our Alberta-based dockmate back in the marina for the first time yesterday albeit I admit he's a bit nervous about leaving his truck around town.
Old 18-08-2020, 09:25   #636

Quote:
Originally Posted by desodave View Post
...Mike, I think people have mellowed a bit re out of province plates although Ontario plates make you one of those damn easterners - but your bike plates are small enough most people won't notice them .
Thanks Dave. I think (hope) you're right. Bike plates are small, and we have the old blue on white Ontario plates, which look a lot like the standard BC plate from a distance, so hopefully we'll sneak through without incident.

I am growing a little concerned about the BC uptick in cases:

B.C. hits highest ever count for active COVID-19 cases after confirming 236 new infections

I wonder if, like other places around the world that are seeing surges, there could be a return to tighter restrictions around travel. Watching...
Old 18-08-2020, 09:37   #637

Quote:
Thanks Dave. I think (hope) you're right. Bike plates are small, and we have the old blue on white Ontario plates, which look a lot like the standard BC plate from a distance, so hopefully we'll sneak through without incident.

Just an FYI, what's old is new again... they have reverted back to the old plates in ON because of the whole 3M / can't see the plates at night thing with the new ones.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...pped-1.5557952

Safe travels.
Old 18-08-2020, 09:48   #638

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaClyDog View Post
Just an FYI, what's old is new again... they have reverted back to the old plates in ON because of the whole 3M / can't see the plates at night thing with the new ones.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...pped-1.5557952

Safe travels.

Many thanks . I heard about the reversal. Pretty funny...

Luckily I have the old Ontario plate (which is now new again). Blue writing on white background, which is the same as the standard BC plate. So I bet most people won't even notice.
Old 18-08-2020, 15:42   #639

Boat: C&C Landfall 38

Quote:

I am growing a little concerned about the BC uptick in cases:

B.C. hits highest ever count for active COVID-19 cases after confirming 236 new infections

I wonder if, like other places around the world that are seeing surges, there could be a return to tighter restrictions around travel. Watching...

Kids partying like it’s 1999.......idiots......also the last time BC hit high numbers, it was based on much lower testing levels.
Old 19-08-2020, 05:14   #640

Boat: Nonsuch 30

Quote:
Many thanks . I heard about the reversal. Pretty funny...

Luckily I have the old Ontario plate (which is now new again). Blue writing on white background, which is the same as the standard BC plate. So I bet most people won't even notice.
I can only imagine Doug Ford pining for the 'good old days' when his biggest issue was license plates that didn't work. On the flip side his poll numbers have gone up a lot since then.
Old 19-08-2020, 06:43   #641

Quote:
Originally Posted by AiniA View Post
I can only imagine Doug Ford pining for the 'good old days' when his biggest issue was license plates that didn't work. On the flip side his poll numbers have gone up a lot since then.

Ah those halcyon days ... they seem so long ago.
Old 19-08-2020, 10:11   #642

Boat: C&C Landfall 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by AiniA View Post
I’m blown away by the way Ford has handled the Covid crisis, the guy is really doing well, shocking when he could have been a mini trumpster, I say well done Premier Ford, kudos from the left coast.......
Old 19-08-2020, 10:17   #643

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwdiver View Post
I’m blown away by the way Ford has handled the Covid crisis, the guy is really doing well, shocking when he could have been a mini trumpster, I say well done Premier Ford, kudos from the left coast.......
Don't get ahead of yourself.

The whole back to school thing is being handled badly and it's turning things into a tinderbox which will only require a small spark to blow up. He needs to stop accusing everyone of trying to sabotage him and get on with implementing a workable and safe plan.
Old 19-08-2020, 11:09   #644

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaClyDog View Post
Don't get ahead of yourself.

The whole back to school thing is being handled badly and it's turning things into a tinderbox which will only require a small spark to blow up. He needs to stop accusing everyone of trying to sabotage him and get on with implementing a workable and safe plan.
Not to get too far off topic but as an Albertan I laugh every time I see Ontario skeptical of how Ford is handling schools. Our illustrious Premier has decided to inject absolutely zero dollars into back-to-school and is relying on the teachers to just "handle" it...
Old 19-08-2020, 11:16   #645

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macblaze View Post
Not to get too far off topic but as an Albertan I laugh every time I see Ontario skeptical of how Ford is handling schools. Our illustrious Premier has decided to inject absolutely zero dollars into back-to-school and is relying on the teachers to just "handle" it...
Well, the only money they injected here is by telling the school boards they could use money they have in reserve. The govt. didn't spend a dime in new funding.