Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 2.50 average. Display Modes
Old 30-03-2021, 13:05   #1306

Re: CANADIAN COVID-19 NEWS

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau on Tuesday announced that Pfizer will be speeding up its coronavirus vaccine deliveries to the country, with 5 million more doses in June than previously anticipated.

The country expects to receive 1 million doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech inoculation per week through the end of May. This number will increase to 2 million per week through the end of June.
Old 30-03-2021, 13:34   #1307

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Murray 33-Chouette & Pape Steelmaid-44-Safara-both steel cutters

Other correlations:

Obesity
Countries who commonly practice outside excrement have low infection rates, but high mortality for those who do get sick. (Seriously, I “****” you not.)
A relative high percentage of neanderthal genes in low infection populations.

Makes ones head spin.

Whatever the cause there is a pronounced difference.
Old 30-03-2021, 13:46   #1308

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpeer View Post
Other correlations:

Obesity
Countries who commonly practice outside excrement have low infection rates, but high mortality for those who do get sick. (Seriously, I “****” you not.)
A relative high percentage of neanderthal genes in low infection populations.

Makes ones head spin.

Whatever the cause there is a pronounced difference.

Fast food and indoor plumbing: the twin scourges of the first world.

Old 30-03-2021, 15:30   #1309

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Murray 33-Chouette & Pape Steelmaid-44-Safara-both steel cutters

Yeah, I can’t and don’t make this stuff up.

The ine thing I have gotten from tuis disease is humility. I know nooothing!
Old 30-03-2021, 19:33   #1310

Canada suspends the AstraZeneca vaccine in under-55s while officials investigate reports of rare blood clots

Eight of Canada's 10 provinces, including Ontario, Manitoba, and Quebec, confirmed they had stopped giving AstraZeneca's vaccine to those under 55 years old following NACI's announcement.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...?ocid=msedgntp
Old 31-03-2021, 08:16   #1311

Boat: Sold the boat. Buying a van.

No vaccine passports just yet:
Canada border remains closed, even to the vaccinated
Old 31-03-2021, 08:33   #1312

Boat: Hunter 386

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_sailor View Post
That being said, I have American friends who just crossed the border on their way to Alaska (in their boat) and were given 2 weeks to make it through the inside passage. They are 50/50 on whether they will be staying the winter so maybe that made a difference. They were told they could request additional time if necessary due to weather but that's kinda sub-optimal as they won't know if they need more time until they are well out of contact range.

Still it is possible to make the transit, but I doubt there will be any opening of BC in general to boaters this summer—I'm still wondering if I as an Albertan should be making any plans or not.
Old 31-03-2021, 09:00   #1313

Boat: Trlåren 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macblaze View Post
That being said, I have American friends who just crossed the border on their way to Alaska (in their boat) and were given 2 weeks to make it through the inside passage. They are 50/50 on whether they will be staying the winter so maybe that made a difference. They were told they could request additional time if necessary due to weather but that's kinda sub-optimal as they won't know if they need more time until they are well out of contact range.

Still it is possible to make the transit, but I doubt there will be any opening of BC in general to boaters this summer—I'm still wondering if I as an Albertan should be making any plans or not.
I'm curious if you know anything about their interaction with CBSA and the purpose of their trip. As far as I know Canada is open for essential travel only. If Canada allowed them in, were they moving to Alaska or have work to do there? Do you know if the 50% chance of wintering is just their estimate for the border opening to general travel so they can return or are they looking to leave boat there and fly out?
Old 31-03-2021, 09:09   #1314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nord Sal View Post
I'm curious if you know anything about their interaction with CBSA and the purpose of their trip. As far as I know Canada is open for essential travel only. If Canada allowed them in, were they moving to Alaska or have work to do there? Do you know if the 50% chance of wintering is just their estimate for the border opening to general travel so they can return or are they looking to leave boat there and fly out?
That was my thinking as well but...

Their pre-departure webpost: https://svviolethour.com/2021/03/15/...laska-or-bust/ In the comments they say they are prepared to stay in Alaska if the border doesn't reopen or come back if it does—they are full time liveaboards. The 50/50 thing was more my estimation than theirs.

And when I asked them in Instagram if they were in Canada now and how the border crossing went they said:

Quote:
Yes they gave us two weeks, which may not be enough with early season weather (gales) but they said we can call if we need more time.
Old 31-03-2021, 09:34   #1315

Boat: Hullmaster 27

Quote:
I'm still wondering if I as an Albertan should be making any plans or not.
I'm making plans, but keeping those plans flexible.
Old 31-03-2021, 09:46   #1316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelkara View Post
I'm making plans, but keeping those plans flexible.
Oh I have plans, but they are all in my head. My big issue this year is that the month of May is my big window and it's looking like it might just be too soon giving the situation. After that time availability is in one week blocks and that just sucks. First world problems ...
Old 31-03-2021, 10:05   #1317

Boat: Hullmaster 27

Quote:
Oh I have plans, but they are all in my head. My big issue this year is that the month of May is my big window and it's looking like it might just be too soon giving the situation. After that time availability is in one week blocks and that just sucks. First world problems ...
At least we technically have a choice, unlike Mike. Let's keep fingers crossed that things improve. But yes, I'm planning more like late May at the moment ... we'll see.
Old 31-03-2021, 10:32   #1318

Boat: Rafiki 37

Quote:
You need to get yourself retired Mac. That way every month is May .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelkara View Post
At least we technically have a choice, unlike Mike. Let's keep fingers crossed that things improve. But yes, I'm planning more like late May at the moment ... we'll see.
Yes, still locked out. But there are glimmers of hope. I'm in touch with a few others in the same situation as I, and at least one has got an exemption to go get their boat. The restriction is that they have to agree to leave the province by their boat, and do it asap. I wasn't planning to leave The Rock this year, but it's got me pondering.
Old 31-03-2021, 22:18   #1319

Oh geez, just when there is a glimmer of light at the end of the Covid tunnel, I read this news regarding New Brunswick.

A mysterious brain disorder that causes hallucinations and tooth-shattering has infected dozens of Canadians, and experts aren't sure why

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mysteriou...212122304.html

https://www.insider.com/mysterious-h...-canada-2021-3

Maybe we should keep the border with Canada closed until they find out more about this odd disease cluster.

At least 43 people in Canada's New Brunswick province have fallen ill to an unknown brain disease that causes spasms, memory loss, and hallucinations, and doctors are stumped. Public health officials believe five people in the so-called "cluster" have died from this disease since the first case was spotted in 2015. "We have not seen over the last 20-plus years a cluster of diagnosis-resistant neurological disease like this one,"
Old 01-04-2021, 03:39   #1320

Boat: Rafiki 37

Ford to impose lockdown restrictions across Ontario as 3rd wave of COVID-19 hits hard

Quote:
With a record number of COVID-19 patients in Ontario's intensive care units and its highest-ever rate of new cases in schools, multiple sources say Premier Doug Ford will on Thursday announce plans to move the whole province into what the government describes as 'lockdown' measures.
And this on the heels of BC going into a lockdown, and infection rates on the rise across the country.