Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 2.50 average. Display Modes
Old 02-04-2021, 08:23   #1336

Re: CANADIAN COVID-19 NEWS

We've been registered via a pharmacy for about 2 weeks now, but haven't heard a peep even about approximate dates. The reg site was a bit crude, and not getting any kind of date estimate or even the occasional update email sucks, but the problem may be up the chain (unpredictable delivery dates) c'mon Ontario & Canada, let's get this together...

Despite being told not to, we might also register with the city who have since opened local clinics that we are eligible for.

But I'm happy to also drink a sundowner tonight to celebrate other Canadians now getting their shots.
Old 02-04-2021, 09:03   #1337

Boat: Bavaria Vision 42

I get my first one on the 15th - only a 20 min wait on the phone, then an immediate text with a registration number. Site is about a 10 min drive away , near the military base.
Old 02-04-2021, 10:10   #1338

Boat: Down East Yachts, Downeaster 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike OReilly View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_sailor View Post

Hmm...
Downeaster 38 #40
"Downeast Yachts - More sailing per mile since 1975"
Old 02-04-2021, 11:58   #1339

Boat: Rafiki 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake-Effect View Post
We've been registered via a pharmacy for about 2 weeks now, but haven't heard a peep even about approximate dates.
My mom just got her first shot (Pfizer), and has her second scheduled. My partner has registered via pharmacy for her AstraZeneca shot. Sadly, I'm still a bit too young. Guess I'll be included with all the rest of the kids once all you oldies get your .
Old 02-04-2021, 15:58   #1340

Boat: Hunter 386

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike OReilly View Post
My mom just got her first shot (Pfizer), and has her second scheduled. My partner has registered via pharmacy for her AstraZeneca shot. Sadly, I'm still a bit too young. Guess I'll be included with all the rest of the kids once all you oldies get your .
Theoretically I am next in line — but I'm a bit older in our partnership and as I don't have any reason to be socializing my thought is to wait until we can both get it at one time. Save the current doses for people who really need it...
Old 02-04-2021, 16:04   #1341

Boat: Nonsuch 30
Re: Canadian COVID-19 News

Got Pfizerized today in a Toronto suburb. I thought I wasn't an old fart but I guess I was wrong. Interestingly they booked the second jab but not until July 23rd. My wife got Ann AZ shot two weeks ago but no indication of when the second one is. That may cause major problems with our planned trip to Newfoundland. We may just go to the North Channel in Lake Huron. We could rent a car to drive down to check our digs and get the shots.
Old 02-04-2021, 16:21   #1342

Boat: Sceptre 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by AiniA View Post
Got Pfizerized today in a Toronto suburb. I thought I wasn't an old fart but I guess I was wrong. Interestingly they booked the second jab but not until July 23rd. My wife got Ann AZ shot two weeks ago but no indication of when the second one is. That may cause major problems with our planned trip to Newfoundland. We may just go to the North Channel in Lake Huron. We could rent a car to drive down to check our digs and get the shots.
Study just out indicates Pfizer 1st shot almost equally effective out to at least 6 months....
Old 02-04-2021, 16:41   #1343

Boat: Rafiki 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu Jackson View Post
I guess I now qualify as one of those old geezers, but those yung 'un whippersnappers sure are not behaving as if there is any epidemic, check the largest age groups for outbreaks.

20-29 is the highest in BC.

Stop partying already!!! [sound of old geezer banging his cane!!!]
People in this age group make up a huge proportion of grocery store workers, food delivery people, resururant workers etc etc, not to mention being way more likely to have to take the bus to work as they don't have a car, and are way more likely to be in a living situation that involves multiple households living together (rent right now is pretty unaffordable unless you are sharing with roommates for a lot of people)

I luckily got a new job that didn't require me to come in but for a while I had to commute using the bus, which was constantly packed.
Old 02-04-2021, 19:42   #1344

Boat: 1987 Cape Dory MKII 30 Hull #3,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macblaze View Post
Theoretically I am next in line — but I'm a bit older in our partnership and as I don't have any reason to be socializing my thought is to wait until we can both get it at one time. Save the current doses for people who really need it...
================================================

is kind of depressing reading some of the postings and I try to stay away from reading.
was intrigued by your signature at the foot of the post

Let us therefore rejoice,
While we are young;

and all click together with your comment.

nice and rewarding that we have people like you.
take care
David
Old 03-04-2021, 05:29   #1345

Boat: Boatless for now, looking!

Davil, Macblaze:

I went for my jab on the 1st. Could have fired a load of grapeshot in there and not hit a soul (6:50pm), me and three others, 5 stations open for vaccinations. Two more people came in while I was waiting to see if I would have an allergic reaction. Huge gymnasium with a lot of empty, spaced, chairs.
Get your vaccination, sooner done, the sooner we are back on the water.
Best wishes, from the far North.
Old 03-04-2021, 05:39   #1346

Boat: 1987 Cape Dory MKII 30 Hull #3,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Son View Post
Davil, Macblaze:

I went for my jab on the 1st. Could have fired a load of grapeshot in there and not hit a soul (6:50pm), me and three others, 5 stations open for vaccinations. Two more people came in while I was waiting to see if I would have an allergic reaction. Huge gymnasium with a lot of empty, spaced, chairs.
================================================

refreshing
so encouraging reading, there is light at the end of the tunnel!
and yes, the goal is to retake our lives
crossing fingers for this season.
Old 03-04-2021, 06:03   #1347

Boat: Heritage 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake-Effect View Post
We've been registered via a pharmacy for about 2 weeks now, but haven't heard a peep even about approximate dates. The reg site was a bit crude, and not getting any kind of date estimate or even the occasional update email sucks, but the problem may be up the chain (unpredictable delivery dates) c'mon Ontario & Canada, let's get this together...

Despite being told not to, we might also register with the city who have since opened local clinics that we are eligible for.

But I'm happy to also drink a sundowner tonight to celebrate other Canadians now getting their shots.
Call the city # We had the shot within a week. Tried the online thing still waiting to hear back. had the Phizer at St. joe's convention centre just about empty!
Old 03-04-2021, 07:25   #1348

Boat: Hunter 386

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Son View Post
Davil, Macblaze:

I hear lots of internet rumours of lack of vaccination uptake and governments being blamed for lack of distribution but nothing official that states any vaccine has been wasted (beyond the inevitable). I choose to believe that so far no vaccinations are going to waste...otherwise ... sigh... people are sooo stupid.
Old 03-04-2021, 07:42   #1349

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalinka1 View Post
Call the city # We had the shot within a week. Tried the online thing still waiting to hear back. had the Phizer at St. joe's convention centre just about empty!
Thanks! A friend also mentioned the same, in this case registering with a west Toronto health centre. Gonna do that today. My wife's an "essential worker" (sort of... long story) so she's been working through all this, at some advanced risk, a co-worker's daughter just came down with a verified case of COVID... and so I want my wife vaccinated ASAP.
Old 03-04-2021, 08:32   #1350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalinka1 View Post
Call the city # We had the shot within a week.

Again, thanks. Just booked via the city website... wife and I have adjacent appointments on Tuesday.