Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 2.50 average. Display Modes
Old 14-04-2021, 19:12   #1456

Re: Canadian COVID-19 News

Get ready for your Covid vaccine boosters!

The boosters are being modified specifically to strengthen against the more virulent variants of the original type of virus. Moderna said on Wednesday that Americans could start getting booster shots later this year to protect against coronavirus variants. "It is likely that the countries that have already achieved high vaccine coverage are going to be ready to shift their focus to boosters in 2022 and possibly even starting at the end of this year,"

Countries like the US that quickly inoculate their populations could start getting booster shots soon, but because just about 5% of the global population has been vaccinated, most countries would continue giving residents the initial shots.

"I hope this summer to get the vaccine authorized for a boost so that we can help people getting boosted before the fall, so that we all have a normal fall and not a fall and winter like we just saw in the last six months"
Old 14-04-2021, 19:39   #1457

Boat: Hunter 386

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomPerignon View Post
The only thing they will vaccinate is my dead body . They can take their blood clotting vaccines and stick it up ...... well you know where.
Why are you here? wierdkinkystickthingsinmyyouknowwhere.com might be a better place for you.
Old 15-04-2021, 02:45   #1458
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcmm View Post
Trust me, the world isn't flat and there really aren't 5G chips in the vaccine!
But tinfoil hats do work, you just have to wrap them tighter than you have been!
NO!

Let's say some malevolent group [Bill Gates, the government, powerful corporations, extraterrestrials] really is trying to read and/or control your thoughts with radio waves.

Would the preferred headgear of the paranoid, a foil helmet, really keep The Man, and alien overlords, out of our brains?
NO!

They [the Government, possibly with the involvement of the FCC] are spreading these false rumors, that aluminum-foil hats protect your brain from being scanned.
In fact, aluminum foil is actually an antenna, that allows them to get a better signal.

Old 15-04-2021, 04:24   #1459

Boat: McCurdy & Rhodes Custom 46

Oh my.
Really, alternating layers of copper foil , lead, and mu-metal works best. The mu-metal works well for the pesky magnetic fields.
Aluminum does not shield against low frequency magnetic fields sent by the lizard people.
Old 15-04-2021, 04:36   #1460

You don't have to guess if you can test!

Simply defeat the door interlocks of a suitably-sized microwave oven, don the headgear under test (HUT), insert head and let'er rip. If your head doesn't get warm or explode, you are suitably protected!
Old 15-04-2021, 05:18   #1461

Boat: Mascot 28 pilothouse motorsailer 28ft

Wear a MAGA hat. The programming is built in. / Len
Old 15-04-2021, 09:10   #1462
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer

There is an unspoken elephant in the room that thease viruses are being purposely spread by malevolent forces, determined to frighten and force democatic coutries into giving up freedoms (for valid health reasons).

Collateral damange to their own is acceptable
Old 15-04-2021, 09:26   #1463

Boat: Sceptre 41

Wrong room?
Old 15-04-2021, 09:26   #1464

Boat: C&C Landfall 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelagic View Post
There is an unspoken elephant in the room that thease viruses are being purposely spread by malevolent forces, determined to frighten and force democatic coutries into giving up freedoms (for valid health reasons).

Yes right......
Old 15-04-2021, 09:27   #1465

Quote:

Well I don't know about you but so far (other than not being able to go to the pub) it's not been all that effective as freedom-reducing mechanism in my circles. Hell with CERB possibly migrating into UBI it might actually have a net benefit (no, I don't actually mean that).

I look at what 9-11 did to the US's ideas of freedom (especially the weird border crossing checkstops 200 miles from the border—that one always bugs me) and it seems a much more effective tactic and, as you say, with much less collateral damage.

So... no. Not so much.
Old 15-04-2021, 09:40   #1466

Boat: Rafiki 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macblaze View Post
Hell with CERB possibly migrating into UBI it might actually have a net benefit (no, I don't actually mean that).
I agree, and I do actually mean it . I truly hope that one of the lasting outcomes of our pandemic response will be a move towards some version of UBI. It's inevitable (assuming we want a stable society).

But I definitely agree there is great danger to freedom and democracy given many of the actions governments have taken in the name of protecting the citizenry. As we come out of this mess we all need to be doubly-vigilant that the negative lessons are not carried forward.
Old 15-04-2021, 09:44   #1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike OReilly View Post
I agree, and I do actually mean it . I truly hope that one of the lasting outcomes of our pandemic response will be a move towards some version of UBI. It's inevitable (assuming we want a stable society).

But I definitely agree there is great danger to freedom and democracy given many of the actions governments have taken in the name of protecting the citizenry. As we come out of this mess we all need to be doubly-vigilant that the negative lessons are not carried forward.
Just to be clear, I meant that UBI wouldn't be enough to make it a net benefit. I am all for the governments to wake up and realize that dog eat dog just doesn't work anymore
Old 15-04-2021, 09:48   #1468

Boat: Rafiki 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macblaze View Post
Just to be clear, I meant that UBI wouldn't be enough to make it a net benefit. I am all for the governments to wake up and realize that dog eat dog just doesn't work anymore

Ah, yes. Agreed. We need a UBI that does more than just the bare minimum. But right now, just getting anything would be a victory.
Old 15-04-2021, 13:04   #1469
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike OReilly View Post
Ah, yes. Agreed. We need a UBI that does more than just the bare minimum. But right now, just getting anything would be a victory.
If we look at Covid mitigaton in Canada it actually illustrates the dilemma of Democratic governance .
The public were given guidelines (not orders)
Many people felt they knew better, or were special and did not follow those guidelines.

In essence, the honor system failed as selfish intrests, laziness or plain stupidity, put others at risk!

Now apply UBI to a country where many thought it was cool to receive their unemployment checks at Whistler, and you see a similar dilemma .

For Covid to be beaten you need 100% commitment from the public.

For UBI to succeed , you need an honorable populaion, who believes in the work ethic as well as supporting the infirmed ,

But as long as your democracy allows for the lazy or scammers to feed off of Society, that honor system conflicts with the right to choose.
I would love UBI but this is where I see that same parasitic dilemma, feeding off of our freedoms
Old 15-04-2021, 13:12   #1470

Quote:
If we look at Covid mitigaton in Canada it actually illustrates the dilemma of Democratic governance .
The public were given guidelines (not orders)
Many people felt they knew better, or were special and did not follow those guidelines.

In essence, the honor system failed as selfish intrests, laziness or plain stupidity, put others at risk!

Now apply UBI to a country where many thought it was cool to receive their unemployment checks at Whistler, and you see a similar dilemma .

For Covid to be beaten you need 100% commitment from the public.

For UBI to succeed , you need an honorable populaion, who believes in the work ethic as well as supporting the infirmed ,

But as long as your democracy allows for the lazy or scammers to feed off of Society, that honor system conflicts with the right to choose.
I would love UBI but this is where I see the dilemma
I've had this exact discussion with a bunch of people.

To beat covid we do indeed need close to 100% compliance.

To make sure we don't lose people without a social safety net we don't.

It comes down to what "wastage" you are comfortable enough with. Is it a success if 50% of "needy" people are helped and 50% lazy slugs benefit? Or does it need to be 75/25? 90/10?

Me? I am going to get screwed by someone somewhere regardless so I would rather it benefit someone who needs rather than a large corporation or a billionaire. So I am absolutely good with 50/50. It kind of like giving $$ to a panhandler. He might go drink it, or he might go buy some warm socks. I will never know and i've stopped letting it bother me.