Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-02-2022, 16:33   #166

Re: Canadian COVID part-2

I consider these rabble to be domestic terrorists.

The MotherTruckers should just go home.

They are causing more harm, and NO good.

This is an extension of the American Steve Bannon's CHAOS theory at work. Disrupt, promote dissent, no true message, nothing helpful. Funded by right wing anarchists. Fueled by misinformation, their very obscene presence "makes news" and spreads their invalid and inane "theories." The things they oppose have been what's kept us alive for the last two years. They also fail to note that hospitals are again being overrun. It ain't over.

I applaud all those here who have noted and opposed the incredible stupidity and ignorance being pushed by these morons. Irony, even.
Catalina 34 #224 (1986) C34IA Secretary
Cowichan Bay, BC, SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)
Old 10-02-2022, 16:47   #167

Boat: Legend 37.5, 1968 Alcort Sunfish, Avon 310

Well, here on the south shore of Lake Ontario, we no longer have to wear masks.

Positive tests are trending down. That's nice, BUT the number of daily positive tests is still higher than all times except since Omicron and Jan 2021. The rate is 10%.

So riddle me this: the state had a hissy fit when we were over 2%. For a year, everything was closed. We had to quarantine if we left the state and returned. We had to distance, and wear masks. And now, at a rate and quantity that would have scared the heck out of everyone one year ago, suddenly all is open, and no masks.

???
Old 10-02-2022, 17:31   #168

Boat: Sceptre 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetepare View Post
So riddle me this: the state had a hissy fit when we were over 2%. For a year, everything was closed. We had to quarantine if we left the state and returned. We had to distance, and wear masks. And now, at a rate and quantity that would have scared the heck out of everyone one year ago, suddenly all is open, and no masks.

???
vaccines...
new treatments...
better understanding of COVID-19...
Old 10-02-2022, 17:36   #169

Boat: Sceptre 41

Quote:
Just read this in the Daily Mail comments:
"I have never been prouder to be Canadian. Those who oppose the protest are consumers of toxic MSM. The streets are spotless, crime has dropped by 90% in downtown Ottawa, homeless are clothed and fed, hockey games for locals, flowers laid daily at memorials and statues, free food on every corner and even a mini food bank for residents, no honking now, saunas and hot tubs, bouncy castles and kid's play areas, over 110 signed affidavits from residents applauding the convoy. This weekend: free 'flatten the fear' pancake breakfast for the whole city and memorial service for lives lost during pandemic and a medical debate with all levels of government invited to talk to doctors who say science supports the truckers. THIS is my Canada."
Certainly NOT what friends actually in Ottawa are experiencing (as Mike reports).

Anti-mask, anti-mask, (in effect, pro-covid) sorts... they alway resort to/rely on misinformation
Old 10-02-2022, 17:45   #170

Boat: Legend 37.5, 1968 Alcort Sunfish, Avon 310

I’ve never found Ottawa to be particularly clean, so not sure what may or may have recently changed.

Kingston is clean. Neat, tidy, nice looking. I remember my first time to Kingston in the 70s. Coming from the “throw trash out the window” NY I was completely gobsmacked. I thought cities were supposed to be filthy by design, and here was this spotless emerald city.

Anyway, let’s make the two meter passage back to the northern side of the border and banter more about covid. I love Canada, love to talk about the places and people, but seems everyone likes covid better so who am I to rock the boat?
Old 10-02-2022, 17:52   #171

Boat: THEN: Indefatigable Bristol Caravel #172; NOW: 42 makes of other people's boats (and counting)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv_pelagia View Post
vaccines...
new treatments...
better understanding of COVID-19...
All that. Plus lots of fatigue. Very understandable fatigue.

And this is coming from me, a guy whose job was to explain to the public how viruses work.

[Which is why I tend to stay out of these conversations. Unless you want to pay me ]

However, if you want a quick way to test whether your mask is protecting you from a 6-micron particle, DM me. I give that out for free.
We ran aground at 2300. Dad fired off flares all night, to no avail. In the morning, Mom called the Coast Guard and demanded to know why they had not responded. "But ma'm," came the abashed reply. "Yesterday was July 4th!"
Old 10-02-2022, 18:18   #172

Boat: Rafiki 37

To add to the list that makes some oh-so proud, Ottawa police report:

There are now 126 criminal investigations underway and more than 400 hate incidents have been reported, on top of the 25 arrests that have been made connected to the protest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike OReilly View Post
https://ottawacitizen.com/news/local...-bridge-closed
  • Downtown bus detours and closures continued Thursday as the protest entered its 14th day in the capital. Ottawans are still advised to avoid non-essential travel, especially downtown.
  • Hundreds of business and services remain shuttered because of the threats from the protestors. Thousands of workers are losing income. Businesses are going under.
  • Police said: “We are aware of a concerted effort to flood our 911 and non-emergency policing reporting line”
  • Ottawa police said they’ve made 25 arrests and issued 1,775 tickets since protests started late last month
  • Shelter officials described their behaviour as “mob-like.” Earlier, a man who lives in the shelter was assaulted outdoors by protesters who then hurled racial slurs at a security guard who went to assist him, said the shelter’s president and CEO Deirdre Freiheit.
  • Businesses and homes displaying Pride flags have been attacked.
  • And the honking only slowed down (has not stopped) after court injunction was granted. This was not a voluntary move by the protestors.
Yeah, so much to be proud of

BTW, I am currently living in Ottawa. There is nothing friendly or encouraging about this action. This is completely unCanadian, and an embarrassment for the world.
Old 10-02-2022, 19:03   #173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetepare View Post

???
  1. Omicron. Faster spread but lower virulence. With the experience we have now, authorities could predict with greater accuracy how hard it would hit, and for how long. And the current stats support the predictions.
  2. Public experience. Everyone is tired, everyone knows the drill. There's a better feel for what the public is willing to get behind.
Old 10-02-2022, 19:12   #174

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoetheCobbler View Post
ust read this in the Daily Mail comments:
"I have never been prouder to be Canadian. Those who oppose the protest are consumers of toxic MSM. The streets are spotless, crime has dropped by 90% in downtown Ottawa, homeless are clothed and fed, hockey games for locals, flowers laid daily at memorials and statues, free food on every corner and even a mini food bank for residents, no honking now, saunas and hot tubs, bouncy castles and kid's play areas, over 110 signed affidavits from residents applauding the convoy. This weekend: free 'flatten the fear' pancake breakfast for the whole city and memorial service for lives lost during pandemic and a medical debate with all levels of government invited to talk to doctors who say science supports the truckers. THIS is my Canada."
The Daily Mail is basically as dodgy as they come, as a general rule. Less obviously vitriolic as The Sun but just as nasty.

And judging by my friends in Ottawa (where I lived for several years) that is very much not the case. I think Mike covered it most of it but in addition a couple of my female friends got harassed pretty badly downtown last week
Old 11-02-2022, 04:56   #175

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...ium%3Dsharebar
Guess everyone isn't into face masks
Old 11-02-2022, 06:01   #176

Yet another court ruling supporting the legality of vaccine mandates...

(CBC): Judge tosses lawsuit against N.B. government over mandatory vaccine policy

Quote:
A New Brunswick judge has thrown out a lawsuit against the province over its COVID-19 vaccination policy for employees.

Justice Thomas Christie of the Court of Queen's Bench said the four applicants were not being forced to do anything, as they had argued.

"In what can only be described as a rambling eight pages of stated 'grounds' in the application, counsel cast the underlying claim as if the applicants are being forced to do something against their will," Christie wrote in his decision, released on Thursday.

"They are not."
And my favourite part of the case:

Quote:
Another court stated, "what is at stake for the Applicants here is not forcible vaccination but rather the consequences of one's choice to remain unvaccinated."
Old 11-02-2022, 06:26   #177

A different perspective- https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2022/...trucker-funds/
Old 11-02-2022, 06:34   #178

And in relevant news, Canada's Covid-19 hospitalizations continue on their steady slope down.

https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/coronavirustracker/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-02-11 at 09.30.24 .jpg
Views:	43
Size:	334.1 KB
ID:	252776  
Old 11-02-2022, 06:34   #179
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Canadian COVID part-2

Three Cheers for GiveSendGo..

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."

The Politician Never Bites the Hand that Feeds him the 30 piece's of Silver..
Old 11-02-2022, 06:37   #180

Boat: Custom Swedish Vindö 50 (35 ft)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike OReilly View Post
And in relevant news, Canada's Covid-19 hospitalizations continue on their steady slope down.

https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/coronavirustracker/
Encouraging, but still very high. I think we'll see some "normalcy" in the early summer.