Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-12-2021, 11:07   #196

Re: Covid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyfdl View Post
I remember an old saying, something like "better be thought a fool and remain silent than to speak and remove all doubt.

Here's what I know about COVID first hand:
  • More people than usual that I know are dying - from COVID or the complications thereof. I lost a friend of 16 years early this month.
  • Almost everyone I know has had COVID. (I and my wife haven't; we are being very careful.)
  • Vaccinations work. I grew up getting the polio and smallpox vaccines (and undoubtedly others). Smallpox has been eradicated and polio is only found occasionally in undeveloped countries.
  • The rate for full vaccination where I live is <43%
  • People who (here) who get COVID and require hospitalization, and most often die, are unvaccinated.

Here's what I don't believe:
  • COVID is a hoax.
  • COVID is a conspriacy.
  • 'Big Pharma', 'Big Tech' and the government conspired and imposed COVID restrictions to infringe on people's rights or control them and for companies to make windfall profits.

Now, did 'Big Pharma' and 'Big Tech' make money? Sure. That's what happens when people buy/use your product.

It's really not that difficult.

thx, gary. Thoughtful and to the point. Sorry to hear about your loss.
Catalina 34 #224 (1986) C34IA Secretary
Cowichan Bay, BC, SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)
Old 28-12-2021, 12:14   #197

Send a message via Skype™ to Gadagirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free2Sail View Post
That US healthcare providers are incentivized to list procedures as Covid-related to get additional payments? That's the Congressional CARES Act that stipulates that. You can read the full text on the congress.gov site.

Ok, so I think during the epidemic the previous administration as well as the current administration has offered money to help hospitals with their extra costs. Ie PPE, overtime pay, uninsured, etc. And I am thinking you might be getting these subsidies mixed up as deliberate mis-reporting incentive. While I suspect there is bound to be corruption and mismanagement, I don't believe that is how the majority of how most hospitals opperate. I suggest that if you work in a hospital that you claim is being corrupt in reporting methods that you document your knowledge and become a whistleblower.

Otherwise you are just blowing a lot of brown air, on a forum that has a niche audience. Perhaps post your observations and opinions in the comments section of major news papers, WSJ, NYT, Foxnews, etc. You would get more coverage in those places. But still you would be required to offer evidence of the corruption.
Old 28-12-2021, 12:28   #198

Boat: Watkins 27 - 27'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadagirl View Post
Ok, so I think during the epidemic the previous administration as well as the current administration has offered money to help hospitals with their extra costs. Ie PPE, overtime pay, uninsured, etc. And I am thinking you might be getting these subsidies mixed up as deliberate mis-reporting incentive. While I suspect there is bound to be corruption and mismanagement, I don't believe that is how the majority of how most hospitals opperate. I suggest that if you work in a hospital that you claim is being corrupt in reporting methods that you document your knowledge and become a whistleblower.

Otherwise you are just blowing a lot of brown air, on a forum that has a niche audience. Perhaps post your observations and opinions in the comments section of major news papers, WSJ, NYT, Foxnews, etc. You would get more coverage in those places. But still you would be required to offer evidence of the corruption.
Old 28-12-2021, 12:44   #199

Boat: Watkins 27 - 27'

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanathon View Post
If you deny these facts as conspiracies then there really is no way to have a discussion.

Not sure what you are talking about with cherry picking. I would appreciate if you didn't use the term you folks to refer to me. I have a username use it.
Conspiracy (def): a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful.

If you think COVID is a conspiracy "then there is really no way to have a discussion."

Re; "cherry picking"... It's not just you.

But why single out Bezos? I'm sure Wal-Mart, Target, Bass-Pro, and everyone who has an internet store has seen in increase in internet sales.

Do you really think internet retailers, pharmaceutical companies, tech companies and the government all sat down, in secret, and came up with COVID? That's even dumber than the "Big Lie"!

You picked Bezos/Amazon because he is the biggest target.

That's "cherry picking".
Old 28-12-2021, 13:02   #200

Boat: Rafiki 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Just for you Mike..
One of the great sorrows in all this Covid stuff is learning what a complete troll you are Boatie. I used to have deep respect, and even admiration, for you. But you've shown me your true colours through all this.

I'll go back to ignoring you, as I've learned I must .
Old 28-12-2021, 13:44   #201

Boat: Sabre 28

Originally Posted by jeanathon
If you deny these facts as conspiracies then there really is no way to have a discussion.

Not sure what you are talking about with cherry picking. I would appreciate if you didn't use the term you folks to refer to me. I have a username use it.

Conspiracy (def): a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful.

If you think COVID is a conspiracy "then there is really no way to have a discussion."

You are the one that called them conspiracies. I said it was fact the Bezos and Vaccine makers made money from the pandemic. Didn't call it unlawful or a secret plan. Just stating a definite fact.
Old 28-12-2021, 14:11   #202
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Covid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike OReilly View Post
One of the great sorrows in all this Covid stuff is learning what a complete troll you are Boatie. I used to have deep respect, and even admiration, for you. But you've shown me your true colours through all this.

I'll go back to ignoring you, as I've learned I must .
And one of mine has been to find out what intolerant bullies some of you are..
If you can't handle it, don't dish it out.
As for respect.. never asked for it, never expected it.. its for others to give or take away.
But one thing I have learnt from an early age.. never run from a fight and that's what I have been presented with once someone in 'your gang' questioned my honesty.
Hope you enjoy your life as much as I enjoy mine.. Ciao.

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."

The Politician Never Bites the Hand that Feeds him the 30 piece's of Silver..
Old 28-12-2021, 15:46   #203

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop

This thread has been closed because too many of CF's posting rules were not followed.

A total of 15 posts were deleted.