Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-01-2022, 08:19   #1

Boat: Lagoon 380
Covid and Wallgreens

So today’s challenge is getting the NEG result fast test and make it to the bahamas within 3 days

Very limited covid test appointments avail at all the big pharmas. But, did get one for this am

Arrive by foot at Wallgreens, and promptly told we need a car to get tested. Yes, u heard right
No inside testing either. So a 100 yard uber trip and $15 later, good to go. Wacky corporate rules.
Old 20-01-2022, 08:32   #2

Boat: Bristol 27
Re: Covid and Wallgreens

I test guys weekly here at work with the BinaxNOW Test Kits. (Antigen)

We have to test the unvaxed weekly, and those with family members that have tested positive and live in the same house or apartment etc.

This week 4 Negatives and one Positive maybe 10 minutes ago. So I just sent him home and he does have symptoms.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BinaxNOW.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	251573  
Old 20-01-2022, 14:49   #3

Boat: Prairie 36 Coastal Cruiser

I think ours said driving up was highly recommended, but I don't think they required it. I'd have done what a buddy of mine did back in high school at McDonalds. Pantomime hands on the wheel, knees bent like he was sitting, he scooted up to the drive-up window and ordered his lunch in his "invisible car."

There are no appointments available for testing anywhere near me over the next five days. But I lucked out at our Walgreens today. They'd just put out a whole shipment of at-home test kits when I swing by at around 8AM. By 8:30 I had my negative result. Still feeling a bit under the weather, but at least it's probably not COVID. I will test again tomorrow just to be sure.
Old 20-01-2022, 15:03   #4

Be sure your test qualifies:

STEP 1: TESTING REQUIREMENTS
Please Note: Effective 27 December 2021, any person presenting test results older than three days (72 hours) will not be allowed entry into The Bahamas.

VACCINATED TRAVELLERS

Effective 27 December 2021, fully vaccinated persons travelling to The Bahamas from other countries will be required to obtain a negative COVID-19 test (either a Rapid Antigen Test or RT-PCR Test —including PCR, NAA, NAAT, TMA, or RNA), taken no more than three days (72 hours) prior to the date of arrival to The Bahamas.
Please Note: The Bahamas has suspended the mandatory COVID-19 RT-PCR testing requirement for vaccinated travellers, which was expected to take effect on 7 January 2022. Rapid Antigen tests will continue to be accepted for fully vaccinated persons.
Effective 27 December 2021, fully vaccinated persons travelling inter-island (domestic) within The Bahamas from New Providence (Nassau), Paradise Island, Grand Bahama Island (Freeport), Eleuthera or Inagua are required to obtain a negative COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test or COVID-19 RT-PCR Test, taken no more than three days (72 hours) prior to the date of travel.

UNVACCINATED TRAVELLERS

Effective 27 December 2021, unvaccinated travellers, ages 12 and older, entering The Bahamas must obtain a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR Test (including PCR, NAA, NAAT, TMA or RNA) test taken no more than three days (72 hours) prior to the date of arrival.
Effective 27 December 2021, children between the ages of 2 and 11 are required to obtain a negative COVID-19 test (either a Rapid Antigen Test or RT-PCR Test), taken no more than three days (72 hours) prior to the date of arrival to The Bahamas.
Please Note: The Bahamas has suspended the mandatory COVID-19 RT-PCR testing requirement for children ages 2-11, which was expected to take effect on 7 January 2022. Rapid Antigen tests will continue to be accepted for this age group.
Children under the age of 2 are exempt from any testing requirements
Effective 27 December 2021, non-vaccinated persons travelling inter-island within The Bahamas from New Providence (Nassau), Paradise Island, Grand Bahama Island (Freeport), Eleuthera or Inagua are required to obtain a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test, taken no more than three days (72 hours) prior to the date of travel, and present to the operator of the airline or vessel on which they are travelling.

https://www.bahamas.com/travelupdates

Note you will need proper testing and a negative result to be able to be allowed back onto a departing flight to return to the USA. If you test positive in the Bahamas, you will be having an extended stay in the Bahamas until you test negative anew. Be prepared to stay in the Bahamas for as long as it takes.

Hope you have a grand trip.
Old 20-01-2022, 15:17   #5

Boat: Lagoon 380

Yep. Its a minefield
Old 19-03-2022, 08:56   #6

That’s the reason I’m only traveling by car until this is completely over with any restrictions.