Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-05-2021, 08:06   #1576

Boat: 1983 Shannon 28
Re: Covid vaccination status for CF members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake-Effect View Post

I don't think. I'm the one making stuff up.
There, fixed it for you.
Old 01-05-2021, 08:07   #1577

Soooooo.....what really IS the vaccination status for CF members?

Here in the states 31% are fully vaccinated with over 240 million doses given.

According to one of my mates in Australia, VERY few have been jabbed. He's over 70 and has just recently received his first jab of AZ. He thinks the politicians have hoarded all the Pfizer vaccines for themselves. lol

As to Ivermectin? One of my first officers tested positive awhile back. Me and the rest of the crew had to quarantine for 10 days...which sucked. We obviously had to be cleared to return to work...My physician AND the doctors at Doctors On Demand lauded Ivermectin. Several people I know claim that Ivermectin saved their bacon once infected by Covid. One is a long hauler who was in VERY bad shape at one point.....like ready for the ventilator.

In any case, I was more than ready to take it if I had developed any symptoms. FWIW

As to my status...fully vaccinated as is everybody in my family. Gonna take full advantage of my vaccine passport in a few days.

Adios Amigos.
Old 01-05-2021, 08:18   #1578
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg K View Post
No need to wait, sufficient evidence of Ivermectin's efficacy already exists. Don't you guys even looks at each other's links?
Courtesy of Gord:
“Review of the Emerging Evidence Demonstrating the Efficacy of Ivermectin in the Prophylaxis and Treatment of COVID-19" ~ by Pierre Kory et al
https://covid19criticalcare.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/FLCCC-Ivermectin-in-the-prophylaxis-and-treatment-of-COVID-19.pdf
That's pretty selective referencing.

I provided 5 links, 3 of which cast serious doubt on the claims of FLCCC. ➥ https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums...ml#post3398517

Old 01-05-2021, 08:22   #1579
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Ahh.. Remdisavir, the famous Trump cure all at $520/dose.. or $4580 for the 5 day course..
Meanwhile India is now dishing out a home treatment kit of Invermectin, Zinc etc costing $3.00.. widely used in densely populated Bangladesh which is I believe 128th in the mortality list, meanwhile Invermectin prices in the USA have rocketed to $79/20 x 3mg pack.
If cost is your criteria; why not vitamin C, at < $0.05?

Old 01-05-2021, 08:24   #1580

Boat: Tayana 47

Quote:
This is drifting too far away from the thread, but illegal immigration could be stopped cold overnight if it became illegal to hire them. Fine the companies; the money collected would more than cover the costs of border policing and investigating. In the internet age, it's super-easy to validate IDs. But this isn't happening, is it? Ask yourself why. Answer is - the sweet sweet cost savings with illegal labour.
That of course avoids the whole conversation of why wages haven't kept pace with GDP, and most of the benefits of increased productivity accrue mostly to the rich.

And... progress! Our advances were supposed to confer benefits upon all - better health care, shorter work week, etc. Where's my personal jet-pack?!? instead, one has to work longer hours at 2 jobs to stay on the same ladder rung. The benefits of productivity aren't flowing downhill.

Not true. The aid and stimulus money is mainly to offset damage and hardships caused by the COVID measures: restrictions, lockdowns, closures. And to ensure the fastest possible economic recovery.

We got through the Depression, through several wars, the crash of 2008. We can get through this too. The economic history is there for all to read.

I agree that part of the solution to illegal immigration is to fine businesses who hire them. Also, better enforcement of current immigration law

You need to stop worrying about whether someone else benefitted more than you did and instead focus on how YOUR standard of living increased over time. Who cares if someone else’s standard of living increased even more than yours did as long as you are doing better than you were.

You are parroting what the aid package is advertised to be but take a look at what is actually in it. I addition to all the payouts to individuals and businesses and renters and landlords, etc. $350B for aid to local governments! How does that help anyone recover from Covid? Then there $50B for Covid testing. Think about it, $50B for testing for just one disease that is already waning. Then, before the ink is even dry on all this borrowing/spending, Biden is proposing yet another multi trillion dollar of additional spending, all of which will eventually have to be paid for by someone. Yeah, I know they always point to the “rich” but unfortunately there aren’t enough of them so eventually we’ll all end up paying for this government largesse one way or the other.

I’m fine with the government helping out those who are truly in need through no fault of their own, but way too much money is being thrown around way too haphazardly and has nothing to do with easing anyone’s hardship. My 91 year old mother, house paid for and on a retirement plan that more than takes care of her needs has been getting the $1400 checks to ease her “suffering” even though her expenses have declined in the last year. My stepsons best friend quit his summer job because he could make more $ collecting the enhanced unemployment. Last week I had to wait almost 30 minutes to buy a battery because the store can’t get workers to return to their jobs as long as the government keeps sending them checks for their “suffering.” Same with the small business owned by 2 brothers where i buy mulch every year. They are very willing to hire workers but can’t get anyone because the government is “helping.”

Yes, I have no doubt that most of us will get through this, or at least those who weren’t killed by it will. But adding huge amounts to the deficit that has nothing to do with Covid or Covid related hardships has nothing in common with WW2 or the Great Depression or getting most of us through this. Instead, this huge increase in debt we’re taking on is likely to take a toll on future standard of living as future generations struggle to come up with the money to just pay the interest on it. We’d be much better off over the long term to have a much smaller aid package targeting those who are truly suffering, not people who haven’t even taken a pay cut or college students who quit their part time jobs to game the system or public school systems that have been mostly closed down for the past year, etc.
Old 01-05-2021, 08:24   #1581
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Covid vaccination status for CF members

Current chart.. https://ourworldindata.org/coronavir...try/bangladesh

Bangladesh... 161,376,708 (2020 census)
Germany... 83,852,000 (2020 census)

Germany has just under 20,000 cases/day according to the chart.
Bangladesh has under 5000 cases/day with double the population.

Oh.. and I believe India had only trialed the Home Treatment kit in two States prior to this new outbreak..
“By the end of 2020, Uttar Pradesh — which distributed free ivermectin for home care — had the second-lowest fatality rate in India at 0.26 per 100,000 residents in December. Only the state of Bihar, with 128 million residents, was lower, and it, too, recommends ivermectin,” writes Mary Beth Pfeiffer of TSN.

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."

The Politician Never Bites the Hand that Feeds him the 30 piece's of Silver..
Old 01-05-2021, 08:28   #1582

Boat: Lagoon 400S2

Quote:
Oh, that's adorable. What a cute story! Gotta link? Or is it a big book with cardboard pages and lots of pictures of happy animals?

In the real world, you can identify a car model just by it's builder's plate. Or a human by one fingerprint. No benefit to using an entire database of identification characteristics. You only need one (or a few) unique and reliable characteristic(s) to successfully identify the target virus.

I've already shown you how well the vaccines are protecting against variants as well. Currently not perfect, but better and much more predictable than immunity acquired through illness. And much, much safer.

Your approach is so far about as scientific as my kindergarten teacher. Please stop.
Well, arguing scientifically is impossible with your bias and ignorance, so I tried to explain it to you as I would explain it to a child how the immune system works.

Obviously discussing with cortana, siri, alexa or eliza is pointless, a preprogrammed computer will spill out always the same answer if it was not programmed to learn.

You are right only on one point about the builders plate, that's why natural immunity beats vector vaccinations when it comes to variants.
Old 01-05-2021, 08:30   #1583

Boat: 1979 Mariner Ketch 32-Hull 202

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
It is already illegal to hire illegal immigrants in the US. It just isn't enforced because the businesses are owned by voters.
Shouldn't be!
Because, who exactly is going to pick fruit or other underpaid overworked employment?
Certainly NOT the voters.
There White.

Don't complain when your veggies and fruit, ect.prices hit the roof.
They deserve a lot more than they are given.
Especially since there are many that would abuse them further if they were allowed to.

Politicians use them for getting elected.
And, still give little TO them.
It's Not Right or Humane!
SV Cloud Duster

Now Fully Vaccinated
Old 01-05-2021, 08:36   #1584
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
If cost is your criteria; why not vitamin C, at < $0.05?
Not my criteria.. I don't live in the USA.
However it is Big Pharma criteria and anything that could potentially undermine their profits is pilloried.
And vitamin D works very well according to studies and that and C can be obtained for free and in fresh food..
Bugga Western supplements and junk food diets.

Old 01-05-2021, 08:45   #1585

Boat: Tayana 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatyarddog View Post
Shouldn't be!

Because, who exactly is going to pick fruit or other underpaid overworked employment?

Certainly NOT the voters.

There White.

Don't complain when your veggies and fruit, ect.prices hit the roof.

They deserve a lot more than they are given.

Especially since there are many that would abuse them further if they were allowed to.

Politicians use them for getting elected.

And, still give little TO them.

It's Not Right or Humane!

SV Cloud Duster

Now Fully Vaccinated

I agree with this. Picking fruit and all other jobs in the US should be done by US citizens or immigrants who are here legally. No “under the table” workers. Prices for these items would naturally increase and all those of us who like to eat them would have to share in this increased expense or develop a taste for other foods. Instead of being abused and underpaid the workers would be able to support themselves instead of depending on a government program. Just enforce the existing laws and close the border to illegal crossings so we at least know who is immigrating and they can become citizens. That’s how immigration has worked all through our history and for the most part how it still works along our other 3 borders. Immigrants from England cant just hop a boat to the US and sneak into a harbor, come ashore and live here without first applying for citizenship and doing all the necessary paperwork so why should our southern border be any different?
Old 01-05-2021, 08:51   #1586
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsailjt View Post
I agree with this. Picking fruit and all other jobs in the US should be done by US citizens or immigrants who are here legally. No “under the table” workers. Prices for these items would naturally increase and all those of us who like to eat them would have to share in this increased expense or develop a taste for other foods. Instead of being abused and underpaid the workers would be able to support themselves instead of depending on a government program. Just enforce the existing laws and close the border to illegal crossings so we at least know who is immigrating and they can become citizens. That’s how immigration has worked all through our history and for the most part how it still works along our other 3 borders. Immigrants from England cant just hop a boat to the US and sneak into a harbor, come ashore and live here without first applying for citizenship and doing all the necessary paperwork so why should our southern border be any different?
20/08/2020 · Nearly half (45%) of the nation’s immigrants live in just three states: California (24%), Texas (11%) and Florida (10%).
https://californiaglobe.com/legislat...onal-politics/

Old 01-05-2021, 09:00   #1587

Boat: 1983 Shannon 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
That's pretty selective referencing.

I provided 5 links, 3 of which cast serious doubt on the claims of FLCCC. ➥ https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums...ml#post3398517
Instead of slagging FLCCC, why not just examine their research on its on merits?

Did you find fault with the paper you linked? Looked like a fairly solid review of research to me.
Old 01-05-2021, 11:00   #1588

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg K View Post
Instead of slagging FLCCC, why not just examine their research on its on merits?
What medical training do you or Gord or I have that we can independently assess one or two papers on a treatment and call all the others crap? In the absence of that, we have to seek out as many experts as possible, and try to find where there is consensus.

Consensus seems to be that ivermectin isn't a silver bullet, and alone or in combination, doesn't have any more therapeutic benefit against COVID than the other treatments currently applied. And no prophylactic medication is going to be cheaper or more effective than vaccination.

I truly wish there was a cost-effective treatment that would cut the mortality rates in places like India in half or better. But there doesn't yet seem to be one. Maybe Dr Kory and the DLCCC can all jet over to India and demonstrate the efficacy of their treatment plan. And why didn't they spearhead some US trials?
Old 01-05-2021, 11:13   #1589
cruiser

Boat: Hitchhiker, Catamaran, 40'

Quote:
This is drifting too far away from the thread, but illegal immigration could be stopped cold overnight if it became illegal to hire them.
Brilliant!
Not even sure what to make of this statement or how to tie it in to the conversation. Just pass a law right? (maybe you didn't get the memo, but we already have).
I know a better solution which is to basically charge admission. A lot of these migrant workers are paying $9,000 US to be here. It takes them around three months (they work hard!) to pay it back (to the coyotes who will threaten their families if they don't pay). Most of these migrants are getting jobs that most of us can not and will not do. In fact, we need them. Why should they be paying organized crime syndicates to be here? Instead of staying, most of these workers would prefer to go home to their families (with the money they earned), but since they are illegal and might not get back in, they stay.
Old 01-05-2021, 11:18   #1590
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
[1]Not my criteria.. I don't live in the USA.
However it is Big Pharma criteria and anything that could potentially undermine their profits is pilloried.
[2]And vitamin D works very well according to studies and that and C can be obtained for free and in fresh food..
Bugga Western supplements and junk food diets.
[2] Cost was the quantifiable factor, YOU mentioned.
[2] Where do you get this FREE fresh food?

Tags