Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-05-2021, 11:19   #1591
cruiser

Boat: Hitchhiker, Catamaran, 40'
Re: Covid vaccination status for CF members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake-Effect View Post
What medical training do you or Gord or I have that we can independently assess one or two papers on a treatment and call all the others crap? In the absence of that, we have to seek out as many experts as possible, and try to find where there is consensus.
...?
One or two? Try fifty two:
Quote:
98% of the 52 studies to date report positive effects (25 statistically significant in isolation). Random effects meta-analysis for early treatment and pooled effects shows an 81% reduction, RR 0.19 [0.09-0.39], and prophylactic use shows 85% improvement, RR 0.15 [0.09-0.25]. Mortality results show 76% lower mortality, RR 0.24 [0.14-0.42] for all treatment delays, and 84% lower, RR 0.16 [0.04-0.63] for early treatment.https://ivmmeta.com/
Oh I forgot, you don't like this reference, you say it is "noisy". All of the studies on that site provide clickable links.
Old 01-05-2021, 11:43   #1592
cruiser

Quote:
If ivermectin was a slam-dunk (and I really, really wish there was a sure-fire treatment)... we'd know by now.
I told you from the start (last September) that this medicine's efficacy is being suppressed by mainstream media (which you vehemently denied). I have accused you of being a propagandist many times (which you never once denied).

We do know. The only study being used to say that ivermectin is no good was big pharma sponsored and in an area where the control group was already using ivermectin and it still showed positive results!

Arguing these points with you is just like trying to argue with a chat bot!
Old 01-05-2021, 12:17   #1593
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
That's pretty selective referencing.

I provided 5 links, 3 of which cast serious doubt on the claims of FLCCC. ➥ https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums...ml#post3398517
Yes you did Gord, here they are:
https://www.medpagetoday.com/infecti.../covid19/90552
https://www.the-scientist.com/news-o...lication-68505
https://www.businessinsider.com/peop...ovid-19-2021-2
They are all smear articles designed to deflect attention away from what is known about the drug. Why should people have had to resort to buying horse dewormer paste anyway? Human formulation should be readily available here like it is in many places.
Why was Dr. Korey's sworn US senate committee testification banned on YOUTUBE?
Quote:
YouTube Cancels the U.S. Senate
It censors testimony from physicians on early treatments for Covid-19 patients.https://www.wsj.com/articles/youtube...te-11612288061
You can still watch it here: https://vimeo.com/490351508
Old 01-05-2021, 12:22   #1594

Boat: Tayana 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumbs Up View Post
Brilliant!

Not even sure what to make of this statement or how to tie it in to the conversation. Just pass a law right? (maybe you didn't get the memo, but we already have).

I know a better solution which is to basically charge admission. A lot of these migrant workers are paying $9,000 US to be here. It takes them around three months (they work hard!) to pay it back (to the coyotes who will threaten their families if they don't pay). Most of these migrants are getting jobs that most of us can not and will not do. In fact, we need them. Why should they be paying organized crime syndicates to be here? Instead of staying, most of these workers would prefer to go home to their families (with the money they earned), but since they are illegal and might not get back in, they stay.

I reject the premise that US citizens won’t or can’t harvest crops. US citizens wont do it for what an illegal will but for reasonable pay theres no reason why US citizens who are out of work cant harvest crops. When we start thinking we’re too special to do hard manual labor, we’re in BIG trouble. All that needs to happen is for existing immigration laws be enforced as well as stiff fines for companies who hire illegals. Then, market forces would naturally determine what sort of pay scale working a harvest is worth and it would remove lots of folks from government entitlement programs. In junior high and high school I worked each summer in the local blueberry fields raking blueberries. I had a pretty sore back from constantly bending over and when I closed my eyes all I could ‘see’ was blueberries, but it was better money than fast food places were paying and I wasn’t qualified to do anything else anyway. It was my first rung up the ladder as a US worker and it didn’t hurt me a bit to do it right alongside the migrant Native American adult workers who were WAY better and WAY faster than we kids were at it. Since we were all paid by the half bushel rather than by the hour it was entirely up to us what our pay rate was. Why can’t a similar arrangement work for picking vegetables and other crops? But as long as we wink at companies and illegals breaking our laws it’ll never happen.
Old 01-05-2021, 13:09   #1595
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Covid vaccination status for CF members

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
[2] Cost was the quantifiable factor, YOU mentioned.
[2] Where do you get this FREE fresh food?
Vitamin D comes free from the sun..
Vitamin C comes from fresh fruit and veg..
Try getting out of your armchair and visiting the Marqueasas or maybe even Portugal and Spain.. pluck fruit of the trees, olives and even almonds..
I lived on free veg for a couple of months in Andalucia, they reject non perfect veg that supermarkets won't accept, learnt a ton of ways to prepare aubergines.
Also.. I never said free fresh food, I said free vitamin D and vitamin C from fresh food.. but you know that, even way out there in the Left field.

You can't oppress a people for over 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."
Self defence is not an excuse for murder.
Old 01-05-2021, 13:48   #1596
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsailjt View Post
I reject the premise that US citizens won’t or can’t harvest crops. US citizens wont do it for what an illegal will but for reasonable pay there's no reason why US citizens who are out of work cant harvest crops. When we start thinking we’re too special to do hard manual labor, we’re in BIG trouble.......
There are a few that can. (US citizens, productively working ten to twelve hour days in the hot sun) Not all of these illegals are getting paid poorly. For the most part, comparatively, we are feeble, lazy, spoiled and have a poor work ethic. So, yes, by this metric we probably are in big trouble.
Old 01-05-2021, 15:07   #1597

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumbs Up View Post
I told you from the start (last September) that this medicine's efficacy is being suppressed by mainstream media (which you vehemently denied). I have accused you of being a propagandist many times (which you never once denied)
That's just BS. And your petulant whiny "you're a (paid) propagandist" is past being cute. The only propagandists at play here are the ones spoonfeeding you all that anti-vax and conspiracy crap. What's your main source, anyway? We need a good laugh.

If you're in India or Brazil, and a close relative is sick with COVID and you can't find a hospital that would take them, you'd be trying everything, including ivermectin... and if it worked, word would get around and the hospitals and black-marketeers would be fighting each other trying to buy it all up. And that isn't happening, is it? Ask yourself why.
Old 01-05-2021, 17:20   #1598
UFO

Boat: Lagoon 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
At least be a little curious about the "data" you push. And maybe a little more honest, as this had already been hyped on social media, so I doubt you discovered it on your data searches.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tw...a-die-vaccine/

That was why I was doing the research on VAERS - To see if I could find that particular case - Pretty easy to make something like that up - I could knock that up in a couple of minutes and stick it out there as true. My point of the post was that I was searching the for the word Death on the data and there were LOTS of entries, which sidetracked me - But I presume its on the database as snopes pretty much said it was.
Old 01-05-2021, 19:34   #1599
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
That was why I was doing the research on VAERS - To see if I could find that particular case - Pretty easy to make something like that up - I could knock that up in a couple of minutes and stick it out there as true. My point of the post was that I was searching the for the word Death on the data and there were LOTS of entries, which sidetracked me - But I presume its on the database as snopes pretty much said it was.
This is a search engine for VAERS:https://medalerts.org/vaersdb/index.php
Here are the reported 3544 covid vaccine deaths: https://medalerts.org/vaersdb/findfi...D-19)&DIED=Yes
Old 01-05-2021, 19:38   #1600
cruiser

Quote:
.... What's your main source, anyway? We need a good laugh......
Google. ha ha ha
Old 01-05-2021, 19:40   #1601
cruiser

Quote:
That's just BS. And your petulant whiny "you're a (paid) propagandist" is past being cute.
But you are still not denying it.
Old 01-05-2021, 20:44   #1602
cruiser

Quote:
That's just BS. And your petulant whiny "you're a (paid) propagandist" is past being cute. The only propagandists at play here are the ones spoonfeeding you all that anti-vax and conspiracy crap. What's your main source, anyway? We need a good laugh.

If you're in India or Brazil, and a close relative is sick with COVID and you can't find a hospital that would take them, you'd be trying everything, including ivermectin... and if it worked, word would get around and the hospitals and black-marketeers would be fighting each other trying to buy it all up. And that isn't happening, is it? Ask yourself why.
It's cheap, plentiful, and it is readily available. https://dir.indiamart.com/impcat/ivermectin.html
Ask yourself why in our countries, people would feel the need to resort to eating horse dewormer paste?
Old 02-05-2021, 02:29   #1603

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Denmark (Winter), Cruising North Sea and Baltic (Summer)
Boat: Cutter-Rigged Moody 54

Now that over a billion people have been vaccinated, we are getting better and better data about the efficacy and risks of the vaccines. And the news is all good.

I was particularly astonished by this:

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...9999-effective

The Pfizer vaccine, at least, which is 95% effective against infection as predicted in the trials, but get this -- it closely approaches 100% effectiveness against hospitalization and death, based a very large volume of data.
We must have a turn together . . . . I undress . . . . hurry me out of sight of the land,
Cushion me soft . . . . rock me in billowy drowse,
Dash me with amorous wet . . . . I can repay you."
Walt Whitman
Old 02-05-2021, 03:43   #1604
UFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockhead View Post

The Pfizer vaccine, at least, which is 95% effective against infection as predicted in the trials, but get this -- it closely approaches 100% effectiveness against hospitalization and death, based a very large volume of data.

So why are they pushing it onto people that really don't need it and also now running trials on children?

Why are they talking about removing certain rights and freedoms from those that are not vaccinated if its so effective - Why the need for vaccine passports as well if this is the case?

Once those at risk who need the vaccine have been vaccinated and are safe then why do the rest of us need to take the vaccine?
Old 02-05-2021, 04:22   #1605
UFO

Here's one for you Thumbs Up Ivermectin in the Philippines

Tags