Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > COVID-19 | Containment Area
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-05-2021, 11:25   #1696

Re: Covid vaccination status for CF members

Quote:
Originally Posted by danstanford View Post
Lake Effect, please try not to be rude and attribute such thoughts to me.
Respectfully, I wasn't trying to do so; I said I do not know the source of your conclusions.
Quote:
I see a direct correlation between population growth and the issues the earth is experiencing and them measurements the scientists are taking and sharing with us.
Well sure, but it's what that population does that matters.

In any event... overpopulation isn't exactly something that we're in a position to take immediate action on, without breaching some pretty high ethical walls. Meanwhile, one of our problems is inadvertently becoming a solution to overpopulation...
Old 04-05-2021, 11:35   #1697

Boat: 15' Catboat, Bristol 35.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake-Effect View Post
In any event... overpopulation isn't exactly something that we're in a position to take immediate action on, without breaching some pretty high ethical walls. Meanwhile, one of our problems is inadvertently becoming a solution to overpopulation...

Yes. It would take a very high mortality and highly contagious virus of "unknown origin" to cross that line.
Old 04-05-2021, 13:24   #1698

Snipets therefrom: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgntp

President Biden on Tuesday will set new benchmarks for the United States to return to pre-pandemic life, setting a goal of 70 percent of adult Americans having at least one coronavirus vaccine shot by the Fourth of July amid rising pressure for the White House to find ways to expedite a return to normalcy as summer approaches.

. . .

Health officials are confident that communities that can achieve a 70 percent vaccination rate will see sharp declines in individual cases, hospitalizations and deaths,. . .

Administration officials also expect the Food and Drug Administration to soon issue an emergency use authorization enabling adolescents 12 to 15 years old to receive the Pfizer-BioNTech coronavirus vaccine, opening up vaccinations to millions more people.

vaccine supply has started to outstrip demand as hesitancy becomes the Biden administration’s most significant hurdle in immunizing more Americans. Excess supply [i.e., allocated vaccines that remain unordered by States] will now be shipped to States which have higher demand than their allocated supply.

About 40 percent of adult Americans are fully vaccinated, but polls suggest that a significant portion of the population does not plan to get inoculated.
Old 04-05-2021, 13:47   #1699

Boat: Rafiki 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by danstanford View Post
For the record, I really hope you and Mike are correct.
And just to be crystal clear, I absolutely think over-population is a serious problem. It definitely drives the issues we face around climate change, and a whole host of related challenges. But most of these problems are also exacerbated, or largely originate, with wealthy developed nations.

I have seen the enemy, and it is us.

Now... who's been vaccinated lately
Old 04-05-2021, 16:01   #1700
UFO

Boat: Lagoon 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
Do you know what the document you linked to is? It is the design of the 3 phase study, not the results. Everything you listed above are the preconditions of the study, not anything that actual happened.
Geeze!

Perhaps if you actually read what I said and not been so keen to put down with a knee jerk reaction before engaging your thought train, we could have a more sensible discussion.

At no point did I say this had occurred, I was simply stating that this is what they are referring to as possibility, hence me using words like "Talking About" & "Presumably"

Geeze!
Old 04-05-2021, 16:24   #1701

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
Perhaps if you actually read what I said and not been so keen to put down with a knee jerk reaction before engaging your thought train, we could have a more sensible discussion.

At no point did I say this had occurred, I was simply stating that this is what they are referring to as possibility, hence me using words like "Talking About" & "Presumably"
There is nothing sensible about claiming "that non vaccinated can presumably be effected by the vaccinated", or that the linked document is some kind of validation for that claim.

Why do you seek out and spread such nonsense?
Old 04-05-2021, 16:33   #1702

Quote:
I am hearing on the non MSM web that non vaccinated people are getting sick coming into contact with vaccinated people.

Now before you shoot me down in a hail of hate, I did some research and found the document from the Pfizer clinical trial which states the following:

"An EDP occurs if (3rd bullet point) A female is found to be pregnant while being exposed or having being exposed to study intervention (the covid vax) due to ENVIRONMENTAL exposure. Below are examples of environmental exposure during pregnancy:"

* "A female family member or healthcare provider reports that she is pregnant after having been exposed to the study intervention by INHALATION or SKIN contact." Ie. Close proximity to someone that has had the vax.

And again:
* "A male family member or healthcare provider who has been exposed to the study intervention by INHALATION or SKIN contact THEN EXPOSES HIS FEMALE PARTNER..." Now its talking about exposure via a 2nd party!

Pretty scary that they are talking about such stuff! Read the document to see that non vaccinated can presumably be effected by the vaccinated - Good job you lot will have passports and we'll know who you are

“The vaccinated are a danger to the unvaccinated because of shedding!”: The latest COVID-19 antivaccine disinformation

Antivaxxers are masters of projection, which is why the latest antivaccine disinformation about COVID-19 vaccines is that they lead the recipient to “shed” spike protein, which can can cause menstrual irregularities or even miscarriages in women who come into contact with the vaccinated and even make people very sick. This trope is nothing more than a clever repackaging of the old antivaccine distortions and exaggerations about viral shedding after vaccination with live attenuated virus vaccines. Truly, everything old is new again.

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/cov...ding-nonsense/

Old 04-05-2021, 16:46   #1703

Send a message via Skype™ to Gadagirl

Quote:
Perhaps because you and others continue to reply to obvious falsehoods? Think about it. Every time you engage, you are honering their false platforms and allowing continuance.

I get it. It's frustrating and infuriating. And this thread will last forever on the servers, and if the servers go, well there's the way back machine, and others that might have saved it. So you'd like to set the record straight. Right?

But please just stop entertaining falsehoods and propaganda. That is how propaganda spreads! By people responding to it! Giving them the stage for rebuttal.

Take a walk, pour a glass of wine, give your dog a bath, do any f$%*ing thing but do not respond!

It's simple and it works.

So who else has been vaccinated?
Old 04-05-2021, 17:44   #1704

Covid vaccine status update:

Dr. Fauci's comments followed reporting that the US Food and Drug Administration is poised to authorize Pfizer/BioNTech's coronavirus vaccine for children and teens ages 12 to 15 by early next week.

"The efficacy of the vaccine in 12 to 15 years old was essentially 100% and it was really quite safe," said Fauci, urging young people to get the vaccine. "It has a good safety profile and it's highly efficacious. That's something you shouldn't walk away from."

"We would hope by the time we get to the end of calendar 2021 and the beginning of the first quarter of 2022, we'll be able to vaccinate children of any age,"
Old 05-05-2021, 02:31   #1705
UFO

Quote:
There is nothing sensible about claiming "that non vaccinated can presumably be effected by the vaccinated", or that the linked document is some kind of validation for that claim.

Perhaps you should take that up with Pfzier as that is their document - All I did is highlighted information from their document.

If this is not an issue why would they have it written into their trial docs?

Give me the Answer to that.
Old 05-05-2021, 02:34   #1706
UFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadagirl View Post
Perhaps because you and others continue to reply to obvious falsehoods? Think about it. Every time you engage, you are honering their false platforms and allowing continuance.

I get it. It's frustrating and infuriating. And this thread will last forever on the servers, and if the servers go, well there's the way back machine, and others that might have saved it. So you'd like to set the record straight. Right?

But please just stop entertaining falsehoods and propaganda. That is how propaganda spreads! By people responding to it! Giving them the stage for rebuttal.

Take a walk, pour a glass of wine, give your dog a bath, do any f$%*ing thing but do not respond!

It's simple and it works.

So who else has been vaccinated?

Sp Pfizer is now pumping out false propaganda?
Old 05-05-2021, 02:34   #1707
UFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanan View Post

“The vaccinated are a danger to the unvaccinated because of shedding!”: The latest COVID-19 antivaccine disinformation

Antivaxxers are masters of projection, which is why the latest antivaccine disinformation about COVID-19 vaccines is that they lead the recipient to “shed” spike protein, which can can cause menstrual irregularities or even miscarriages in women who come into contact with the vaccinated and even make people very sick. This trope is nothing more than a clever repackaging of the old antivaccine distortions and exaggerations about viral shedding after vaccination with live attenuated virus vaccines. Truly, everything old is new again.

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/cov...ding-nonsense/

God it was a Pfizer document that I linked to and highlighted what was said - Not Me made up by me, Not an Anti-Vaxxer but Pfizer. If its not an issue why state it in their trial doc?
Old 05-05-2021, 02:58   #1708
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Covid vaccination status for CF members

Pfizer is in discussions with the Indian government for an expedited approval pathway to make Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine available in t]he country, its chief Albert Bourla said on Monday, while stating that the firm is donating medicines worth USD 70 million (over Rs 510 crore) for treatment of COVID-19 patients in India.

"We are deeply concerned by the critical COVID-19 situation in India, and our hearts go out to you, your loved ones and all the people of India," he said in a mail sent to Pfizer India employees that he posted on linked.in.

Good advertising investment.. make out you care..

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."

The Politician Never Bites the Hand that Feeds him the 30 piece's of Silver..
Old 05-05-2021, 03:18   #1709

Boat: J/88

I received the AZ shot 3 weeks ago today. I had to travel a couple of hours to get it and was amazed that nobody else was there or arrived during the 30 mins I was there. It is my understanding that once they lowered the age limit again the available AZ was gobbled up quickly and there is none left.
In a bit of good news, Ontario has shifted their priorities and my younger staff are now (May 10) eligible due to being in a class of workers being necessary and unable to work from home.
Old 05-05-2021, 03:41   #1710

Boat: Outbound 44

Quote:

Geeze!
At least be a little honest with yourself as to what you posted. You tried to use specific paragraphs in the Pfizer document to backup unsupported claims, as if what you were quoting in the document actually happened. Which it didn't as it was a trial design document, not trial results.

Tags