Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > COVID-19 | Containment Area
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-05-2021, 04:17   #1711

Re: Covid vaccination status for CF members

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
All I did is highlighted information from their document.
No, you were full-on with the anti-vax misinformation:
I am hearing on the non MSM web that non vaccinated people are getting sick coming into contact with vaccinated people.
Read the document to see that non vaccinated can presumably be effected by the vaccinated
That's deliberate misinformation. Possibly not yours, but wisely, you haven't referenced the source of it.
Quote:
If this is not an issue why would they have it written into their trial docs?

Give me the Answer to that.
It doesn't mean what you allege it means.

What website or newsfeed is sending you all this nonsense?
Old 05-05-2021, 04:28   #1712

Boat: Tayana 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Pfizer is in discussions with the Indian government for an expedited approval pathway to make Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine available in t]he country, its chief Albert Bourla said on Monday, while stating that the firm is donating medicines worth USD 70 million (over Rs 510 crore) for treatment of COVID-19 patients in India.

"We are deeply concerned by the critical COVID-19 situation in India, and our hearts go out to you, your loved ones and all the people of India," he said in a mail sent to Pfizer India employees that he posted on linked.in.

Good advertising investment.. make out you care..

Not sure how you’d know whether they actually care or are just making out that they care, but I think $70 million of a life saving drug gifted to a country that desperately needs it is a pretty nice thing to do, whatever the ultimate motivation might be. Now let’s discuss what YOU have done for the people of India....
Old 05-05-2021, 05:03   #1713

Boat: Chris Craft 381 Catalina

So far no significant issues after my second Pfizer shot yesterday morning. Arm is more sore than after the first shot, but no fever or anything. I was pretty tired yesterday evening, but this morning I'm down to just the sore arm.
Old 05-05-2021, 05:52   #1714

Boat: Bristol 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by rslifkin View Post
So far no significant issues after my second Pfizer shot yesterday morning. Arm is more sore than after the first shot, but no fever or anything. I was pretty tired yesterday evening, but this morning I'm down to just the sore arm.
Thanks for the info.

I have my second shot (of Pfizer) coming up next week.

I ran/jogged almost 3 miles the day after my first shot and was very tired the next 2 days with sore leg muscles. Plus I did pull ups and push ups before the run. I'm mid 60's.

I think I'll delay the exercise after this shot at least 2 days.
Old 05-05-2021, 07:40   #1715

Boat: Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailormed View Post
From reading and posting on this forum I get the impression that many on this forum have roughly half a century behind them.

This is my case as well and where I live the government started a vaccination campaign about 2 weeks ago. Today 25 jan my wife and I got our first shot of the Pfizer vaccin. But my wife’s sister in law lives in Seattle and she got her first shot last week on Friday 22 jan.

Just out of curiosity, how many of the members of this forum are vaccinated? It seems that there is actually a huge campaign ongoing in the USA to get a maximum number of persons vaccinated.
My personal decision has been not to take a Covid-19 - or any other - mRNA based vaccine anytime soon. Although I've received an influenza vaccine every year for the past 25 years, if pharmaceutical companies move ahead with plans to transition the influenza vaccine to mRNA technology, I'll stop taking that.
Old 05-05-2021, 07:51   #1716

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake-Effect View Post
For example, COVID is a bit of a wake-up call on the need for better pandemic preparedness.
Or, the need to handle biological research and gain of function research specifically with the same sort of attention that is afforded to matters surrounding nuclear proliferation. I'm beginning to think that anyone who seeks an advanced degree in biology or medicine should be forced to re-watch the first Jurassic Park movie once a year, every year.
Old 05-05-2021, 08:07   #1717

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloroxbottle View Post
My personal decision has been not to take a Covid-19 - or any other - mRNA based vaccine anytime soon. Although I've received an influenza vaccine every year for the past 25 years, if pharmaceutical companies move ahead with plans to transition the influenza vaccine to mRNA technology, I'll stop taking that.
Many available COVID vaccines (eg the J&J one) are not mRNA, so you have options.

If you really dig into how these mRNA vaccines are made, and what they actually do... you will see how silly all of this Frankenstein genetic manipulation fearmongering is. mRNA vaccine technology is pretty amazing. I am convinced that mRNA vaccines will prove to be safer than more conventional "dead virus" vaccines, and the technology will be used more often in future.
Old 05-05-2021, 08:16   #1718

Thanks. As a physician, I'm quite capable of finding and interpreting this information without .ca's or .gov's filter. Concerns about the in vivo effects of mRNA vaccine technology are not "fearmongering". I'm also aware of the AZ and J&J products. I won't be taking them either, as I have already had and recovered from Covid. I do have the same telemetry capabilities in my house as your typical Emergency with the exception of ETCO2 monitoring and used them to track my progress when recovering from covid. I did begin the Hydroxychloroquine/Azithromycin/Zinc treatment based on the Henry Ford protocol based on my own evaluation of my symptoms and the above mentioned monitoring capabilities. It did work in my case.

Anyhow. Top down, one size fits all mandates rarely equate to good medicine.
Old 05-05-2021, 08:38   #1719

Quote:
Thanks. As a physician, I'm quite capable of finding and interpreting this information without .ca's or .gov's filter. Concerns about the in vivo effects of mRNA vaccine technology are not "fearmongering".
It's my understanding that besides the rare anaphylactic reactions possible with many vaccines, the only other noted reactions are the clotting-related harms, and this is a rare but potential problem with just about all of the COVID vaccines, not just the mRNA ones... and with COVID itself.

But you know more about this field than most of us. What is it, specific to the mRNA vaccines, that causes you concern?
Old 05-05-2021, 08:41   #1720
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Quote:
Thanks. As a physician...
...I did begin the Hydroxychloroquine/Azithromycin/Zinc treatment based on the Henry Ford protocol based on my own evaluation of my symptoms and the above mentioned monitoring capabilities. It did work in my case...
When did you undertake this self-medication, Doctor?
Promoted in April as the first large-scale drug study, on the effectiveness of hydroxychloroquine to protect against COVID-19, theHenry Ford Health System clinical trial was quietly been discontinued, because they could not find enough participants to continue.
The Henry Ford study (WHIP COVID-19 clinical trial), was to involve 3,000 health care workers, first responders, public transit drivers, or family members of health workers, to determine whether hydroxychloroquine would prevent COVID-19 on the frontlines.
With just 624 people signing up, Henry Ford quietly ended the study, just before Christmas, at the same time as the first U.S.-approved vaccines, by BioNTech/Pfizer, were being shipped across Michigan. A second vaccine, by Moderna, was approved and shipped mid-December.
The World Health Organization published findings [1] in October that indicated the drug had “little or no effect” on death rates among hospitalized COVID patients, confirming other studies [2].

[1] ➥ https://www.who.int/news/item/15-10-...in-record-time

[2] ➥ https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...390-8/fulltext
https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/M20-4207

Can I take it that you don't practice 'evidence-based' medicine - but more the 'art' of medicine?

Old 05-05-2021, 08:50   #1721

Boat: Bristol 27

Quote:
Thanks. As a physician, I'm quite capable of finding and interpreting this information without .ca's or .gov's filter. Concerns about the in vivo effects of mRNA vaccine technology are not "fearmongering". I'm also aware of the AZ and J&J products. I won't be taking them either, as I have already had and recovered from Covid. I do have the same telemetry capabilities in my house as your typical Emergency with the exception of ETCO2 monitoring and used them to track my progress when recovering from covid. I did begin the Hydroxychloroquine/Azithromycin/Zinc treatment based on the Henry Ford protocol based on my own evaluation of my symptoms and the above mentioned monitoring capabilities. It did work in my case.

You may have recovered from Covid, but the Hydroxychloroquine/Azithromycin/Zinc treatment had nothing to do with it despite what you claim.

This is just more false information you are putting out there.
Old 05-05-2021, 09:17   #1722

Boat: PDQ 32 LRC

Quote:

I am an immunologist working on COVID vaccines and have been doing COVID serology for the past year evaluating antibody and T cell responses to natural COVID infection as well as post-vaccination. The mRNA vaccines are extremely effective and safe. If you or anyone have concerns about these or other vaccines, I'd be happy to answer any questions.

One thing to note: many people who have recovered from COVID have poor antibody responses, it just depends on the particular individual and the severity of infection. So, just because you have had COVID doesn't necessarily mean you have robust protection. That is why vaccination is recommended even for those who have had COVID.

If you get flu vaccines, then it appears that you are not against vaccination. In that case, I would strongly recommend you get a COVID vaccine.

In addition, the degree to which we recover from this pandemic depends largely on the level of vaccination, so I would hope that, as a physician, you would encourage others to get vaccinated.
Old 05-05-2021, 10:39   #1723

Thank you for helping to right the ship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Woodward View Post
I am an immunologist working on COVID vaccines and have been doing COVID serology for the past year evaluating antibody and T cell responses to natural COVID infection as well as post-vaccination. The mRNA vaccines are extremely effective and safe. If you or anyone have concerns about these or other vaccines, I'd be happy to answer any questions.

One thing to note: many people who have recovered from COVID have poor antibody responses, it just depends on the particular individual and the severity of infection. So, just because you have had COVID doesn't necessarily mean you have robust protection. That is why vaccination is recommended even for those who have had COVID.

If you get flu vaccines, then it appears that you are not against vaccination. In that case, I would strongly recommend you get a COVID vaccine.

In addition, the degree to which we recover from this pandemic depends largely on the level of vaccination, so I would hope that, as a physician, you would encourage others to get vaccinated.
Old 05-05-2021, 11:10   #1724

Snipets:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/othe...?ocid=msedgntp

Seychelles, which has fully vaccinated more of its population against the coronavirus than any other country, has closed schools and canceled sporting activities for two weeks as infections surge. The measures, which include bans on the intermingling of households and the early closure of bars, come even as the country has fully vaccinated more than 60% of its adult population with two doses of Covid-19 vaccines. The curbs are similar to those last imposed at the end of 2020.

By April 12, 59% of the doses administered were Sinopharm vaccines and the rest were Covishield, a version of AstraZeneca Plc’s shot made under license in India. To date 62.2% of its population is fully vaccinated. That compares with 55.9% for Israel, the next most vaccinated nation.

The number of active cases in the nation rose to 1,068 on May 3 from 612 on April 28, according to the health ministry. Of those cases, 84% are Seychellois and the rest are foreigners,

A comparison between Sinopharm, Covishield, and unvaccinated infected persons” could be done using genetic sequencing and data on the severity of their infections, “Given the widespread international use of these two vaccines there are global implications to what is happening now in the Seychelles.”
Old 05-05-2021, 11:26   #1725

Interesting. Also interesting:
"Other nations that have vaccinated large portions of their populations have seen Covid cases plunge. In the U.K., where 52% of people have a first dose, cases are down 96% from a recent high in January. In Israel, where 60% have had at least one dose, new cases are down 99%."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanan View Post
Snipets:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/othe...?ocid=msedgntp

Seychelles, which has fully vaccinated more of its population against the coronavirus than any other country, has closed schools and canceled sporting activities for two weeks as infections surge. The measures, which include bans on the intermingling of households and the early closure of bars, come even as the country has fully vaccinated more than 60% of its adult population with two doses of Covid-19 vaccines. The curbs are similar to those last imposed at the end of 2020.

By April 12, 59% of the doses administered were Sinopharm vaccines and the rest were Covishield, a version of AstraZeneca Plc’s shot made under license in India. To date 62.2% of its population is fully vaccinated. That compares with 55.9% for Israel, the next most vaccinated nation.

The number of active cases in the nation rose to 1,068 on May 3 from 612 on April 28, according to the health ministry. Of those cases, 84% are Seychellois and the rest are foreigners,

A comparison between Sinopharm, Covishield, and unvaccinated infected persons” could be done using genetic sequencing and data on the severity of their infections, “Given the widespread international use of these two vaccines there are global implications to what is happening now in the Seychelles.”

Tags