Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Covid vaccination status for CF members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanan View Post
Snipets:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/othe...?ocid=msedgntp

Seychelles, which has fully vaccinated more of its population against the coronavirus than any other country, has closed schools and canceled sporting activities for two weeks as infections surge. The measures, which include bans on the intermingling of households and the early closure of bars, come even as the country has fully vaccinated more than 60% of its adult population with two doses of Covid-19 vaccines. The curbs are similar to those last imposed at the end of 2020.

By April 12, 59% of the doses administered were Sinopharm vaccines and the rest were Covishield, a version of AstraZeneca Plc’s shot made under license in India. To date 62.2% of its population is fully vaccinated. That compares with 55.9% for Israel, the next most vaccinated nation.

The number of active cases in the nation rose to 1,068 on May 3 from 612 on April 28, according to the health ministry. Of those cases, 84% are Seychellois and the rest are foreigners,

A comparison between Sinopharm, Covishield, and unvaccinated infected persons” could be done using genetic sequencing and data on the severity of their infections, “Given the widespread international use of these two vaccines there are global implications to what is happening now in the Seychelles.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Wildcats View Post
Interesting. Also interesting:
"Other nations that have vaccinated large portions of their populations have seen Covid cases plunge. In the U.K., where 52% of people have a first dose, cases are down 96% from a recent high in January. In Israel, where 60% have had at least one dose, new cases are down 99%."
So.. The jury is still out.

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."

The Politician Never Bites the Hand that Feeds him the 30 piece's of Silver..
Old 05-05-2021, 12:02   #1727

Boat: Chris Craft 381 Catalina
Re: Covid vaccination status for CF members

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
So.. The jury is still out.
As with anything of this scale, it takes time to learn everything there is to learn. So unfortunately at this point, we have a pretty good set of answers, but not necessarily the perfect answers to all of it.
Old 05-05-2021, 12:33   #1728
cruiser

Boat: Hitchhiker, Catamaran, 40'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Woodward View Post
I am an immunologist working on COVID vaccines and have been doing COVID serology for the past year evaluating antibody and T cell responses to natural COVID infection as well as post-vaccination. The mRNA vaccines are extremely effective and safe. If you or anyone have concerns about these or other vaccines, I'd be happy to answer any questions....
I am aware that you work for a bio-technology company that is trialing a Covid vaccine. I am concerned about the potential long term hazards of these new vaccines as well as the under reported, never correlated cardiac related deaths being recorded the same day of inoculations that leave little doubt (in my mind) that the mRNA versions may actually be more dangerous than the viral vector based versions.

I am also aware that there appears to be a major push to suppress the success of ivermectin as a treatment and preventative option despite overwhelmingly positive research outcomes. This link provides a compilation and analysis of many of these studies: https://ivmmeta.com/. I completely understand if you do not want to publicly state your honest assessment of these studies. It appears to me though, that if their assessment is correct, (85% improvement as prophylaxis, 81% improvement early treatment) that early treatment using an ivermectin based protocol, as well as ivermectin prophylaxis could have curbed this pandemic much sooner. I would appreciate your comments about the potential for this medicine. If you are unable to honestly comment on this subject, please say so. I am already aware of all the negative press, often quoting this Jama published study: (Cali Colombiahttps://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2777389)which states that "the findings do not support the use of ivermectin for treatment of mild COVID-19" and the multitude of reasons as to why this study should be discredited.
Old 05-05-2021, 13:10   #1729

Boat: Hunter 46

In the US, 319 million doses have been distributed but only 248 million used. At least 148 million people or 45% of the population have received at least one dose and 98 million or 29% are fully vaccinated. There is a good chance the US will achieve 50% very soon............but will it have to achieve 60+% vaccinated and do we have to wait for the number of non-vaccinated people to get Covid before the CDC declares "herd immunity" and allows resuming pre-pandemic life without restrictions and masks?

https://usafacts.org/visualizations/...racker-states/
Old 05-05-2021, 13:23   #1730

Boat: Custom Swedish Vindö 50 (35 ft)

Quote:
Snipets:

Seychelles, which has fully vaccinated more of its population against the coronavirus than any other country, has closed schools and canceled sporting activities for two weeks as infections surge. The measures, which include bans on the intermingling of households and the early closure of bars, come even as the country has fully vaccinated more than 60% of its adult population with two doses of Covid-19 vaccines. The curbs are similar to those last imposed at the end of 2020.

By April 12, 59% of the doses administered were Sinopharm vaccines and the rest were Covishield, a version of AstraZeneca Plc’s shot made under license in India. To date 62.2% of its population is fully vaccinated. That compares with 55.9% for Israel, the next most vaccinated nation.

The number of active cases in the nation rose to 1,068 on May 3 from 612 on April 28, according to the health ministry. Of those cases, 84% are Seychellois and the rest are foreigners,

A comparison between Sinopharm, Covishield, and unvaccinated infected persons” could be done using genetic sequencing and data on the severity of their infections, “Given the widespread international use of these two vaccines there are global implications to what is happening now in the Seychelles.”
This is disturbing news indeed. Chile is also currently experiencing a surge, despite their relatively high vaccination rate, also using Coronavac (Sinopharm). The Coronavac vaccine efficacy data is all over the place, with the Turkey study showing efficacy on a par with the Aztra Zeneca vaccine and Brazil concluding it was 54% effective in their studies (though very effective in keeping people out of the hospital). I wonder if the different outcomes between countries are due to the vaccine used or the variants they are currently up against. It seems likely I will get the Coronavac jab in Brazil (though they are also using AZ and now Pfizer). Brazil has vaccinated some 30% of the population with one dose and 9% are fully vaccinated with 2 doses, but it hasn't made a dent here in the pandemic yet. I'm even thinking of risking a flight to Canada to get the Pfizer shot rather than wait for a Coronavac shot here in (probably) July.

When I see the news from the US with idle doses and no takers, I cringe...

Edit: I am mistaken, Coronavac is not a Sinopharm product, but made by Sinovac (a private company).
Old 05-05-2021, 14:18   #1731

"As the country moves toward fully reopening and vaccinations become more readily available, businesses are exploring whether they can legally mandate new or existing staff to be vaccinated. The short answer is yes.
In December, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, or EEOC, announced companies can legally mandate employees and new hires be vaccinated.
But there are two exemptions companies must allow for, according to the EEOC: for a disability or religious reasons.
"There's an exception for religious accommodation," said Johnny C. Taylor, CEO of the Society for Human Resource Management. "Secondly, under the Americans with Disabilities Act, if someone has a disability and with that disability actually taking the shot might in fact put their lives at risk. Then there's also an appropriate exception."

While almost half of all Americans support requiring vaccines for employees to return to work, 26% of ​adults in a CNN poll said they don't plan to get the vaccine at all.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/go...?ocid=msedgntp

As a co-founder of my company, we have implemented and given notice of the pending future requirement for vaccinations of any and all persons to be allowed on our company's properties. This will become implemented upon two precedent conditions: 1) Availability of vaccines; 2) Full approval of the vaccines, not just the present Emergency Use Authorization. And with the customary religious and medical exemptions. Employees that decline to be vaccinated will be given notice of termination with suspension pay and extended benefits.

All the best.
Old 05-05-2021, 14:26   #1732

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Wildcats View Post
Interesting. Also interesting:
"Other nations that have vaccinated large portions of their populations have seen Covid cases plunge. In the U.K., where 52% of people have a first dose, cases are down 96% from a recent high in January. In Israel, where 60% have had at least one dose, new cases are down 99%."
A bit of mystery. Could be a issue as to the variants that are prevailing in the country or the efficacy of the dominate vaccines that have been administered, or the loosing of Covid mitigation protocols, e.g., holiday gatherings / travel / reopening of activities, ????

"Trials in China and the United Arab Emirates have put Sinopharm vaccine efficacy at 79% and 86% respectively.
The World Health Organization is expected to approve the Sinopharm vaccine and other Chinese-made vaccines for use later this week.
In April, China's top disease control official said the efficacy of the country's Covid vaccines was low, although he later insisted his comments had been misinterpreted.
Researchers in Brazil have put the efficacy of another Chinese-made vaccine, the Sinovac vaccine, at 50.4%."
Old 05-05-2021, 14:37   #1733

The Biden administration is throwing its support behind efforts to waive intellectual property protections for COVID-19 vaccines in an effort to speed the end of the pandemic.
United States Trade Representative Katherine Tai announced the government's position in a Wednesday statement, amid World Trade Organization talks over easing global trade rules to enable more countries to produce more of the life-saving vaccines.
“The Administration believes strongly in intellectual property protections, but in service of ending this pandemic, supports the waiver of those protections for COVID-19 vaccines,"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-approv...193620374.html
Old 05-05-2021, 14:52   #1734

Moderna Announces Positive Initial Booster Data Against SARS-CoV-2 Variants of Concern

https://investors.modernatx.com/news...ainst-sars-cov

Its Phase 2 study showing that a single 50 µg dose of mRNA-1273 or mRNA-1273.351 given as a booster to previously vaccinated individuals increased neutralizing antibody titer responses against SARS-CoV-2 and two variants of concern, B.1.351 (first identified in South Africa) and P.1 (first identified in Brazil).

A booster dose of new mRNA-1273.351, the Company’s strain-matched booster, achieved higher neutralizing antibody titers against the B.1.351 variant of concern than a booster dose of mRNA-1273.

A manuscript describing these preliminary results has been submitted as a preprint to bioRxiv and will be submitted for peer-reviewed publication upon completion of the multivalent mRNA-1273.211 booster arm.

. . .
Participants in the Phase 2 study were tested for pseudovirus neutralization (PsVN) titers prior to boosting approximately 6 to 8 months after their primary vaccination series. Although titers versus the wild-type SARS-CoV-2 virus remained high, with 37 of 40 participants having detectable titers, titers against the variants of concern (B.1.351 and P.1) were much lower, with approximately half of participants having titers below the assay limit of quantification prior to boosting. Two weeks after receiving either mRNA-1273 or mRNA-1273.351, PsVN titers were boosted in all participants and all variants tested. Following boost, geometric mean titers (GMT) against the wild-type, B.1.351, and P.1 variants increased to levels similar to or higher than the previously reported peak titers against the ancestral (D614G) strain following primary vaccination.

. . .
Old 05-05-2021, 19:36   #1735

Boat: Outbound 44

Quote:
Snipets:

If you look at the data for the Seychelles, the Maldives and to a much lesser extent the UAE you'll see a similar pattern. Very high vaccination rates, similar vaccine types used, yet solid new cases. (Data from a few days ago)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210504-120050_Chrome.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	260.1 KB
ID:	237807   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210504-115843_Chrome.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	214.5 KB
ID:	237808  

Old 06-05-2021, 01:55   #1736
UFO

Boat: Lagoon 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake-Effect View Post
No, you were full-on with the anti-vax misinformation:
I am hearing on the non MSM web that non vaccinated people are getting sick coming into contact with vaccinated people.
Read the document to see that non vaccinated can presumably be effected by the vaccinated
That's deliberate misinformation. Possibly not yours, but wisely, you haven't referenced the source of it.
It doesn't mean what you allege it means.

What website or newsfeed is sending you all this nonsense?

Why is that anti-vax? I am hearing that people are getting sick - Facebook is one source - Real people posting real problems - I suppose they are all liars just after attention? Do you know all these people and can say they are liars?

I am stating a simple fact. Also misinformation from Pfizer? That was who authored the document.
Old 06-05-2021, 02:10   #1737
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
Why is that anti-vax? I am hearing that people are getting sick - Facebook is one source - Real people posting real problems - I suppose they are all liars just after attention? Do you know all these people and can say they are liars?

I am stating a simple fact. Also misinformation from Pfizer? That was who authored the document.
If I understand you correctly:
Facebook posters are likely reliable sources of medical information.
Pfizer's work, supervised and reviewed, by numerous national drug authorities, are likely fraudulent.

Old 06-05-2021, 04:13   #1738

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post

You report uncorroborated Facebook entries as fact, and you misunderstand (or deliberately distort) a study guidelines doc.

"Why is that anti vax?"

It's pretty clear that you're just picking up stuff from your favourite little anti-vax groups and sites, and flinging it onto CF. Why?
Old 06-05-2021, 04:43   #1739
UFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake-Effect View Post
You report uncorroborated Facebook entries as fact, and you misunderstand (or deliberately distort) a study guidelines doc.

"Why is that anti vax?"

It's pretty clear that you're just picking up stuff from your favourite little anti-vax groups and sites, and flinging it onto CF. Why?

No I am not a member of any anti-vax groups - Pretty funny how you try and flip the subject and misdirect away from the issue I was highlighting which is CLEARLY stated in the Pfizer Document - But that is your standard tactic along with a few others when simple facts from your beloved sources do not match your simple ideals.

So I'll ask once again, if it's not a possible issue then why do they state it in their trial outline document?

If you not going to answer that, don't bother answering with your petty insults and misdirection - It's just so boring
Old 06-05-2021, 04:43   #1740
UFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
If I understand you correctly:
Facebook posters are likely reliable sources of medical information.
Pfizer's work, supervised and reviewed, by numerous national drug authorities, are likely fraudulent.

Read the document Gord which is what I was highlighting - This is LakeEffect that is throwing in the misdirection.

Tags