Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > COVID-19 | Containment Area
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-05-2021, 08:19   #1756

Re: Covid vaccination status for CF members

There are five of us in my immediate family. I and my wife are in our 50's, my sons in their late twenties and my daughter is 16. Three of us (53, 26, 16) had soreness on the first shot and nothing on the second. My 28YO was fine the first shot outside of soreness and flu like symptoms the day following the 2nd shot for 24hrs. I had flu like symptoms the day following the first (24hrs) and traveled the second day after the shot completely fine. The second shot had no symptoms and also travelled the following day.

It's been a couple months for the adults and we have had zero side effects. We keep the cards with our passports just in case we need to travel abroad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanWalker12 View Post
Today I am getting a vaccine for COVID, and to be honest, I'm nervous. Who realties has already gone through this, tell me how it went and were there any consequences?
Old 06-05-2021, 08:24   #1757

Boat: Bristol 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Wildcats View Post
There are five of us in my immediate family. I and my wife are in our 50's, my sons in their late twenties and my daughter is 16. Three of us (53, 26, 16) had soreness on the first shot and nothing on the second. My 28YO was fine the first shot outside of soreness and flu like symptoms the day following the 2nd shot for 24hrs. I had flu like symptoms the day following the first (24hrs) and traveled the second day after the shot completely fine. The second shot had no symptoms and also travelled the following day.

It's been a couple months for the adults and we have had zero side effects. We keep the cards with our passports just in case we need to travel abroad.
Pfizer or Moderna?
Old 06-05-2021, 08:26   #1758

Pfizer for us all. We didn't choose, that is what was available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomm225 View Post
Pfizer or Moderna?
Old 06-05-2021, 08:30   #1759

Boat: Bristol 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Wildcats View Post
Pfizer for us all. We didn't choose, that is what was available.
Same here. No choice where I went it was Pfizer.

Many here though are getting Moderna.

More on Pfizer.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/05/healt...rts/index.html
Old 06-05-2021, 08:31   #1760

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Denmark (Winter), Cruising North Sea and Baltic (Summer)
Boat: Cutter-Rigged Moody 54

Quote:
Today I am getting a vaccine for COVID, and to be honest, I'm nervous. Who realties has already gone through this, tell me how it went and were there any consequences?
I've had both doses of Pfizer, as have my Dad and step mom. You're looking for anecdotes - with us, sample of 3, it was fine. Bit of sore arms, little worse the second time, gone the next day, nothing a stiff whiskey couldn't deal with.

I know dozens of people who've had the Russian Sputnik vaccine. Same outcome.

It's GREAT to be immune. So great to shake hands normally, hug whoever you want, have parties with other vaxxed people. Tremendous relief. I've had covid - I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy! Get the vaccine and be happy!
We must have a turn together . . . . I undress . . . . hurry me out of sight of the land,
Cushion me soft . . . . rock me in billowy drowse,
Dash me with amorous wet . . . . I can repay you."
Walt Whitman
Old 06-05-2021, 08:36   #1761

Boat: 1979 Mariner Ketch 32-Hull 202

Quote:
Already had my 1st Moderna vaccine 28days ago.
No side effects at all, at injection site just a little sore to the touch.
Today I'll get my 2nd Moderna vaccine.
Not concerned at all
Only concern is those not getting the vaccine.
Those holding out only prolong the complete reopening that is so openly needed.
Don't be a spreader, help others out.
JUST GET THE SHOT.
If your health is compromised, please consult with your MD first to be safe.
SV Cloud Duster
Old 06-05-2021, 08:49   #1762

Boat: Hunter 46

Quote:
No bid deal....my wife and I got the Pfizer and did not even feel the 1st and 2nd shots and had zero side effects. We feel like we have an armor shield around us now to mitigate Covid symptoms AND getting tested positive. Got our 1st Covid test (tested negative) a month ago as a requirement to fly back to the US from Mexico.
Old 06-05-2021, 09:47   #1763

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Murray 33-Chouette & Pape Steelmaid-44-Safara-both steel cutters

Wife 68 and I 70 got Moderna a couple of months ago. Mild reactions, some soreness in arm, slight fever 2nd or 3rd night. Nothing burger for us.
Old 06-05-2021, 09:51   #1764
cruiser

Boat: Hitchhiker, Catamaran, 40'

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
Pfizer's work, supervised and reviewed, by numerous national drug authorities, are likely fraudulent.
I have pointed out before that Pfizer has a fraudulent felonious history including the largest health care fraud settlement in the history of the Department of Justice. So yes, it is a distinct possibility.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake-Effect View Post
btw, Do you know of ANY adverse effect EVER being recorded of a person who "comes into contact" with a vaccine? I mean besides having a case of it dropped on you or drowning in a vat of it. Or a vaccinated person? Of course not.
The current polio epidemic is a case in point. The Flumist vaccine also sheds live virus. (Those that take Flumist are actually contagious with the flu). Then you have the Cutter incident (causing 40,000 cases of polio, leaving 200 children with varying degrees of paralysis and killing 10). Whether or not people who have taken the new Covid shots can cause adverse effects in their contacts is still unknown despite the media blitz claiming that the mere idea of it is absurd. We know that the spike protein itself (without the virus) can cause harm (see this: https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1...AHA.121.318902). Since these shots direct a persons own cells to manufacture this harmful spike protein, it is not out of the realm of possibility that this protein could possibly migrate and cause harm to others. Despite what the media is saying, we simply do not know.
Old 06-05-2021, 11:03   #1765

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumbs Up View Post
Whether or not people who have taken the new Covid shots can cause adverse effects in their contacts is still unknown despite the media blitz claiming that the mere idea of it is absurd.

Um, yeah, it's known.
Old 06-05-2021, 11:37   #1766
cruiser

Boat: Hitchhiker, Catamaran, 40'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake-Effect View Post
Sorry, despite what the media is saying, we simply do not know. Your media blitz link (Fact Check-COVID vaccines do not ‘shed’ from one person to another and then cause reproductive problems) proves nothing and doesn't link to any proof. Also your fact check contains a play on words. Vaccines themselves do not shed, but some cause people to shed live viruses. Is that the best you can come up with?
Old 06-05-2021, 13:10   #1767

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike OReilly View Post
Any data on which vaccines these people got?

It is interesting, but again, we're talking small populations so big swings are easy to generate.
59% Sinopharm, the remainder is of an AstraZeneca licensed vaccine made in India.

The aberrant spike in Covid in those countries may be indicative of a comparative lack of efficacy of those vaccines and / or of a variant of the virus. That is why they are being closely evaluated.
Old 06-05-2021, 13:16   #1768
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Quote:
I have pointed out before that Pfizer has a fraudulent felonious history including the largest health care fraud settlement in the history of the Department of Justice. So yes, it is a distinct possibility...
Actually, although Pfizer’s fine was the largest at the time, it’s now the second largest, behind GlaxoSmithKline.
Notwithstanding, point taken.
These activities are why we need, and have, oversight.

Over the years, Pfizer has faced lawsuits involving some of its most popular drugs. Courts have dismissed thousands of lawsuits against Pfizer. The company has also agreed to settle cases, involving claims of illegal marketing and health care fraud.
Pfizer [and its subsidiary Pharmacia & Upjohn Company Inc.] set a record for the largest health care fraud settlement, and the largest criminal fine of any kind, with $2.3 billion in 2009, arising from the illegal promotion of certain pharmaceutical products.
DOJhttps://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/justi...nt-its-history

That record has since been broken, by GlaxoSmithKline’s fines totalling $3 billion ($1B criminal, $2B civil), in 2012; and nearly matched by Johnson & Johnson’s $2.2 billion fine, in 2013.
DOJ https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/glaxo...failure-report
DOJhttps://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/johns...investigations

Old 06-05-2021, 13:34   #1769

Boat: Pearson 10M

Quote:
I have pointed out before that Pfizer has a fraudulent felonious history including the largest health care fraud settlement in the history of the Department of Justice. So yes, it is a distinct possibility.

The current polio epidemic is a case in point. The Flumist vaccine also sheds live virus. (Those that take Flumist are actually contagious with the flu). Then you have the Cutter incident (causing 40,000 cases of polio, leaving 200 children with varying degrees of paralysis and killing 10). Whether or not people who have taken the new Covid shots can cause adverse effects in their contacts is still unknown despite the media blitz claiming that the mere idea of it is absurd. We know that the spike protein itself (without the virus) can cause harm (see this: https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1...AHA.121.318902). Since these shots direct a persons own cells to manufacture this harmful spike protein, it is not out of the realm of possibility that this protein could possibly migrate and cause harm to others. Despite what the media is saying, we simply do not know.
Carefully reread the article you quoted, You have misinterpreted the data and the conclusion.
Old 06-05-2021, 13:36   #1770

Boat: Pearson 10M

Quote:
Sorry, despite what the media is saying, we simply do not know. Your media blitz link (Fact Check-COVID vaccines do not ‘shed’ from one person to another and then cause reproductive problems) proves nothing and doesn't link to any proof. Also your fact check contains a play on words. Vaccines themselves do not shed, but some cause people to shed live viruses. Is that the best you can come up with?
From where to the live viruses come? Spontaneously generate out a thin air? Total nonsense

Tags