Re: Covid vaccination status for CF members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanan View Post

Just saying.
Second that
SV Cloud Duster
Old 07-05-2021, 13:55   #1802

CDC updates its guidance as to how Covid infections arise.

"COVID-19 spreads when an infected person breathes out droplets and very small particles that contain the virus. These droplets and particles can be breathed in by other people or land on their eyes, noses, or mouth. In some circumstances, they may contaminate surfaces they touch. People who are closer than 6 feet from the infected person are most likely to get infected," the agency says on its updated website.

How people get this virus can be boiled down to three very simple concepts," Dr. John Brooks, chief medical officer for the CDC's Covid-19 response. "Keep the air clean, avoid getting exposed on your mucus membranes and keep your hands clean."

People more commonly catch the virus when they are standing close to someone who is infected and particles fly out to either land on the face or to be breathed in, the new explainer stresses. Less commonly, people catch the virus from breathing air contaminated by people who are further away, or by touching a contaminated surface and then touching their own eyes, nose or mouth.

The CDC also updated its scientific brief on how the virus spreads.
"Modes of SARS-CoV-2 transmission are now categorized as inhalation of virus, deposition of virus on exposed mucous membranes, and touching mucous membranes with soiled hands contaminated with virus," the new guidance reads." The principal mode by which people are infected with SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19) is through exposure to respiratory fluids carrying infectious virus,"

Stay safe, stay healthy.
Old 07-05-2021, 14:14   #1803

What Is ‘Vaccine Shedding’? Why There’s Absolutely Zero Chance of Viral Shedding From the COVID-19 Vaccine

Reference link to article.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...?ocid=msedgntp
Old 07-05-2021, 18:02   #1804
UFO

Boat: Lagoon 440

Quote:
What Is ‘Vaccine Shedding’? Why There’s Absolutely Zero Chance of Viral Shedding From the COVID-19 Vaccine

Reference link to article.

Well if everyone else is throwing out dubious quality links...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolo...irus-pandemic/
Old 08-05-2021, 11:53   #1805

My cardiologist indicated that they expect to have many patients with Covid damaged heart and circulation issues, even among the person who were asymptomatic.

There is slowly more and more evidence of such, even among the young and hardy. He and his entire family are suspected to have had Covid and were sick for several weeks early on during the pandemic but were not hospitalized. He worries that his children will have been forever damaged organs with expectation of future difficulties and likely shorter life expectancies. He said Covid is a harsher then many realize it to be and that there are likely far more asymptomatic infections than symptomatic. It is what you don't know you had that may cause you harm, not just when one becomes ill and has the various symptoms or serious outcomes.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techn...?ocid=msedgntp

"In the most recent study, scientists compared the vascular health of 30 young adults, half of whom had tested positive for COVID-19 about a month before and half of whom were in good health. Analyzing ultrasound recordings of their pumping arteries, the team found a significant difference between both groups. Even though no one had been hospitalized, the arteries of those who contracted COVID-19 three to four weeks ago were stiffer and less elastic than the healthy group. The carotid artery, which carries blood to the brain, was 27 percent less able to swell and 22 percent less elastic on average. The aortic artery, which carries blood to the heart, was also affected.

. . .

The sample size is small, but the initial findings reinforce the idea that COVID-19 is not something to be trifled with. Even if you're young and healthy, and even if you barely got sick from the virus, the impact to your cardiovascular health could last long after your symptoms fade.
Changes in the stiffness and structure of arteries increase the risk of cardiovascular conditions, such as myocardial injury, arrhythmias, acute coronary syndrome, or blood clots, and this is particularly concerning for young people who also have other underlying health issues that put their vascular system at risk, like diabetes or hypertension."

https://physoc.onlinelibrary.wiley.c....1113/EP089481

Old 08-05-2021, 12:16   #1806

Estimation of total mortality due to COVID-19

Estimation of total mortality due to COVID-19 | Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation

COVID-19 deaths in US are 57% higher than official reports, study suggests

"A new study released by the University of Washington's Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation estimated that more than 900,000 Americans have died of COVID-19 since the virus that causes it, SARS-CoV-2, entered this country a little more than a year ago. They also argued that more than 7 million people have died worldwide from the disease, more than twice as many as the official estimate of 3.24 million.
The researchers reached these conclusions by first looking at excess mortality (which the CDC defines as "the difference between the observed numbers of deaths in specific time periods and expected numbers of deaths in the same time periods") from March 2020 through May 3, 2021. After comparing those figures with what would be expected during an ordinary non-pandemic year, they adjusted the statistics to take a number of variables related to the pandemic into account. For instance, they accounted for how public health guidelines has reduced influenza infections during the pandemic era, while more people deferred their health care and might have therefore died from other ailments.
Ultimately they concluded that, effectively, all of the net extra deaths should be attributed to the SARS-CoV-2 virus because the drop in other death rates offset the additional deaths not caused by COVID-19."
Old 08-05-2021, 12:29   #1807
cruiser

Boat: Hitchhiker, Catamaran, 40'

What is up with this trickery?
Quote:
CDC is transitioning to reporting only patients with COVID-19 vaccine breakthrough infection that were hospitalized or died to help maximize the quality of the data collected on cases of greatest clinical and public health importance. That change in reporting will begin on May 14, 2021. In preparation for that transition, the number of reported breakthrough cases will not be updated on May 7, 2021.https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-1...ugh-cases.html
So now a covid case is still to be defined as anyone with a positive PCR test but to be considered a vaccine breakthrough case, you have to be hospitalized or die.

They used a similar trick after the introduction of the polio vaccine by changing the paralytic polio case definition. Prior to the introduction of the polio vaccine the patient only had to exhibit paralytic symptoms for 24 hours. Laboratory confirmation and tests to determine residual paralysis were not required. In 1955 they changed to the new definition which required the patient to exhibit paralytic symptoms for at least 60 days, and residual paralysis had to be confirmed twice during the course of the disease.
Old 08-05-2021, 14:01   #1808

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumbs Up View Post
What is up with this trickery?
I guess we can't make it through a weekend without at least one antivax alarmist post.
Old 08-05-2021, 14:35   #1809

Recent Poll: Majority in the USA back proof of COVID vaccination requirements for international and interstate travel, to gain entry to schools, to go into an office or work place, or to attend a concert or sporting event. Fewer support requiring to dine indoor at restaurants, to attend a religious ceremony, or to shop indoors.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/majority-...102843254.html

"Never leave home without it????"
Old 08-05-2021, 15:42   #1810

Pfizer's CEO Albert Bourla made a prediction.

In his own words: "Based on what we have seen, we believe that a durable demand from our COVID-19 vaccine, similar to that of the flu vaccines, is a likely outcome."

Pfizer's first quarter financial results included US$3.5 billion in revenue from its coronavirus vaccine, BNT162b2.
Old 08-05-2021, 15:55   #1811

Meanwhile in India: https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/new...?ocid=msedgntp

India on Saturday for the first time registered more than 4,000 Covid-19 deaths in just 24 hours, and more than 400,000 new infections.

. . .

Several national health authorities, including in the United States and Britain, have meanwhile said they consider India's B.1.617 a variant of concern, and the WHO expected to soon follow suit, reclassifying upwards from a variant of interest.

. . .

India, the world's largest vaccine-making nation, had only fully vaccinated around two percent of the 1.3 billion-plus population. "It's going to take many months if not years to get to the point of 70 to 80 percent coverage,"

. . .

The surge in India is frightening not only due to the horrifying number of people who are sick and dying there, but also because the exploding infection numbers dramatically increase the chances of new and more dangerous variants emerging. "The more the virus is replicating and spreading and transmitting, the more chances are that... mutations will develop and adapt," Swaminathan said. "Variants which accumulate a lot of mutations may ultimately become resistant to the current vaccines that we have,"

"That's going to be a problem for the whole world."

Old 08-05-2021, 16:23   #1812

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA-None View Post
Gotta love people who come in sick and share with everyone else even when they have sick leave sigh
They can work from home...

And lately, we are all working from home.

Later,
Dan
Old 08-05-2021, 16:24   #1813
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Covid vaccination status for CF members

Quote:
Pfizer's CEO Albert Bourla made a prediction.

In his own words: "Based on what we have seen, we believe that a durable demand from our COVID-19 vaccine, similar to that of the flu vaccines, is a likely outcome."

Pfizer's first quarter financial results included US$3.5 billion in revenue from its coronavirus vaccine, BNT162b2.
The forecast for Pfizer I heard for 2021 is upwards of $24 billion.. just on Vaccine sales with pure profits of $6+ billion.
Not bad at all..

You can't oppress a people for over 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."
Self defence is not an excuse for murder.
Old 08-05-2021, 16:51   #1814

Had my second Moderna shot a week ago and it was an a... whipping.

Started with a headache about 4 hours after the shot, and by the evening, I was having a chills, body ache and fever. Makes the top five of my being sick.

Ended up with a rash from the jab, it was not bothersome but I did not get a rash with the first shot. I was sick all day on the day after the shot and the following day was trying to recover. I have had a headache every day since the shot and I don't get headaches. Hopefully that is getting better and going away.

Part of being ill was an elevated heart rate. I have a FitBit and even though I only had around 2,500 steps, my heart rate was as if I as jogging. For 24 hours. I could barely walk.

At work, 8 out of 10 people have had the same reaction to the second shot as I did. Most are getting Moderna but a couple have had Pfizer. I have NEVER reacted to any vaccine like this.

From https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...long-they-last

Quote:
The Moderna clinical trialsTrusted Source found that injection site pain, fatigue, headache, and aches and pains were commonly reported after vaccination.

Now, with so many shots going into arms, we’ve been able to get an even clearer look at the side effects the Moderna vaccine causes.

Like those involved in the clinical trials, people have commonly reported pain at the injection site along with chills, headache, and fever.

There have also been several reports of “COVID arm” after the Moderna vaccination, a harmless skin rash likely triggered by the vaccine ingredients.

The reactions are usually more intense after the second dose and in people who previously developed COVID-19.

Infectious disease doctors say these reactions are to be expected, as they indicate the immune system is doing its job in learning how to recognize and fight the coronavirus.
Quote:
In general, older adults are less likely to experience side effects after vaccination.
A few weeks before the lock down, my family was sick with the "flu" for a couple of weeks. One family member was tested and did not have Flu A or Flu B but had The Flu. I was not sick at all but I was certainly exposed to whatever they had, if I had not brought it home in the first place. We have wondered if we had WuFlu but no way to know.

Later,
Dan
Old 08-05-2021, 16:59   #1815
cruiser

Boat: Hitchhiker, Catamaran, 40'

Immediate Use of Ivermectin Medicine Globally Can End COVID-19 Pandemic https://weather.com/en-IN/india/coro...id-19-pandemic

Tags